Reviews for Theogony
Barefootwino chapter 5 . 2/16/2016
I love the addition of Suicune as a fertility God. I'd love to see a myth based on this concept.
Barefootwino chapter 1 . 2/16/2016
Wow, this is good. This is really good. I took quite a bit of myth in my schooling, and the parallels to Greek, and pre-Hebrew, and Assyrian mythologies is fantastic. If you haven't read the novel Ka, I bet you'd love it.

One note, the explanation for the egg/planet pairing doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the chapter. It seems overwrought in comparison to the flow of the rest of the work.
Subject 666 chapter 1 . 1/12/2016
Wow.

I'm an athiest myself, but I've always enjoyed reading stories of Genesis, as well as the various Greek, Roman, Egyptian, Norse (etc.) legends. It's even better that it's about Pokémon, since it's a subject I'm VERY familiar with.

I might have to ask you if I can use a few of these in the future, since I'm trying to write a story centered around Pokémon Genesis right now LOL

Oh well, have a good night.
Huinari chapter 7 . 1/12/2016
This is so cool! The only thing that disappoints me about this is that it's short and already complete. (would it be too much to hope that The Tablet and the Warring are coming . . . ?)

Still, the masterful way that you've woven the pokemon myths together in a coherant manner while keeping in mind the geography and cultures of the regions (with Kalos and Unova [probably] being farther from the others and therefore not being mentioned, as well as how the attitude of the people before were) really takes my breath away. And the unique layout/presentation is also incredible! Like reading an actual work of translation done by experts and anthropologists, and not missing out on anything. Thank you for the amazing story :)
Mai-danishgirl chapter 7 . 1/12/2016
Hah! Love the part about the number of eyes.
DisneyWriter chapter 7 . 1/11/2016
This is very interesting. Do you plan to draw on Eastern mythologies into this too?
Gerbilfriend chapter 7 . 1/11/2016
It's jirachi and I really love how you are sticking to themes I have a thing for pokemon myths so this is great fun to read.
Gerbilfriend chapter 6 . 1/10/2016
Wow, this is really good. I really love pokemon myths and these are really well done.
scntlla chapter 6 . 1/8/2016
I truly adore this work in particular. It's unique and interesting, paralleling with humanity's own mythology, but obviously so much more attentively. Everything makes sense and I just love this to bits.
kintsugii chapter 5 . 1/7/2016
Aha, I cleverly hit "enter" way too early, and my attempt at reviewing two chapters at once was completely thwarted. Sorry. Anyway, loved the hint of N in Chapter 5 as well, and I take back what I said about footnotes because they really worked in these two chapters.

Had to re-read Chapter 6 a few times to get why it was called "The Second Catastrophe" though. It felt like you spent a lot more time detailing the buildup/destruction in the flood/first catastrophe, whereas the focus here is more on Rayquaza, so the title feels a little misplaced? But yus, Draconids. Beautiful mythos still.
kintsugii chapter 6 . 1/7/2016
Egad! Mixing the Tower of Babel with the Johto Towers is sheer brilliance and I'm amazed that I never saw this sooner. Absolutely fantastic.
Keleri chapter 5 . 1/6/2016
Very nice! I love the way you've unified the various creation stories and accounted for inconsistencies in pokedex entries and regional lore. Arcanine being a fallen legendary is a really nice touch and works well with it being a companion/protector pokemon. I am also perhaps overly excited about there being footnotes (FOOTNOTES!) present. The callbacks to greek and biblical myths as well as the unknown authorship feel very authentic to me.
joycewu333 chapter 4 . 1/6/2016
Wow, I really like this chapter! I like Arcanine a lot and I've always wondered why it was known as the "legendary Pokemon". This is a brilliant answer! It's nice thinking of Arcanine as the Prometheus of the Pokemon world.
Mai-danishgirl chapter 4 . 1/6/2016
That is a great way to separate humans and pokemon. Also I love how you use the pokedex entries.
Mai-danishgirl chapter 3 . 1/6/2016
Oooh, now that is a brutal way of doing things. But the origin of Mew is rather sweet.