Reviews for Icarus Ascending
I feel bad for Kylo...
Elliot-Janus chapter 1 . 1/9
I love how you made Kylo's character. I truly think it compliments the canon story. I'm hoping to see another chapter though. Thumbs up!
noctematrem chapter 4 . 4/12/2017
Really excited to see where this goes!
xmiyox chapter 4 . 1/31/2017
You need to update this asap please! It's SO good omg
unearthing chapter 4 . 11/21/2016
Ugh this is so great too, the action is so totally immersive and Rey and Kylo have such fantastic star crossed chemistry
Avid Vampire Hunter chapter 4 . 11/21/2016
One of the things I enjoy most about this story is the constancy of Kylo's reaching out. For now, in his weakened state, his mind is only on Rey (which really gets my fangirl blood rushing). As the story progresses, I'm really enjoying the movement of tension from captivity to survival. I also admire your constructed concept of "Bakka ju thu," and I hope you make a call back to that later on... maybe at the climax? UGH that would be so painful and clever...

Oh! Also! As I leave this review I see that you've made a special image cover for IA. I said it on tumblr but I'll say it again, wonderful work! (Your art style is so on fleek, lol. Amazing job!)

Oh it's after midnight and I'm hungry but I know I'm full but I just want some macoroni and cheese and more good Reylo fics like this one. Sadly, I can't have both *single tear*

Anyways, I understand that you're busy, but I hope that inspiration (and spare time) finds you and drags you back here by the ankles (wow Avi that's dark 0_0 #sorry) I hope that the babes will be alone and that I will get more Rey-hatred and Kylo-madness. Dear God, save me from the angst. I love it too much...

See you soon! (hopefully~)

*hugs*

Avi~
Avid Vampire Hunter chapter 3 . 11/18/2016
This was a longer chapter, which is more than fine by me—and quite eventful, too! I enjoyed the descriptions and the realism of her panic, which was an excellent way of alluding to their Force Bond before just coming out and saying it. I had the image of a lightbulb effect, you know... like how a lightbulb takes energy and converts it to light, releasing more energy, and the cycle repeats. I like that that's where you seem to be taking this and of course, I am all aboard the FB train, woot woot!

Once again, stupendous job!

Avid Vampire Hunter chapter 2 . 11/18/2016
*nods* This is a wonderful continuation of the prologue. Expanding the narrative plus some good ol' forshadowing via flashback. MUAH. DELICIOUS.

I like that you gave a few subtle comparisons to both characters, especially concerning memories. That they are both made of them but, in a haunting sense, have no true attachment to them. Very deep and very dark, just the way I like it *maniacal laughter*

I'm so excited and it's so late right now that I really want to see where you take the story now that the inciting incident has taken place. Rey is awake; what will Kylo do?

I'm about to find out! ;D

Avid Vampire Hunter chapter 1 . 11/17/2016
Your writing is wonderful.

I was sure of it before I began, but especially now. MMNH. DELICIOUS.

I have a tendency to favor the male perspective in fiction, especially fanfiction, as the ones I'm prone to read are romantic. Watching a man roil with angst and pining over the one he loves really piques my interest, even more so with your descriptions and style/ tone.

The mention of the puppet was very good; my favorite part of the prologue (aside from his possession over her). You've captured Kylo's tortured soul in a very profound way that stands above the (forgive me) shallowness of his character often found in Reylo fanfiction these days. You're grammar and pacing are very "on fleek" as well.

On to the next (first) chapter! :D

SirisDerp chapter 4 . 10/16/2016
Omg a Reylo fix. Yessss~! Love it. I admit, I became confused the first theee chapters because the pacing was a bit erratic for me. You bounced between Kylo's and Rey's views while at the same time recounting past events. I became mixed up of what was happening when so it took me a few times to understand.

On a side note, you mentioned Kylo's eyes having a tint of red in it. Also the Twi'lik had that going on too. Is that a Sith thing? I'm still fairly new to the Star Wars lore and still learning. Is it a personal headcanon or a canon characteristic? I'd like to hear more about that and the reasoning behind it if it's not too much trouble.

Anyways, thank you so much for writing this story and I look forward to your next update. Good luck in your projects!
darth-sakura chapter 4 . 10/15/2016
Excellent chapter! I love the rawness of this
KK chapter 3 . 7/19/2016
PLEASE, please update this fanfic whenever you can. The waiting is so long and is killing me!
Empheral chapter 1 . 7/18/2016
This chapter got me so excited!
Your writing is utterly beautiful and I can't get enough!
And I'm beyond glad that you've decided to start this story! My face is literally consumed by the widest grin :D
Musickat18 chapter 1 . 5/19/2016
I'm super out of the loop when it comes to fanfiction these days, but this is going to be a good one, I can tell. I like the way you've painted Kylo's inner struggle, his emotions, etc. It really draws you in, especially when you enter Rey into the picture. Can't wait to read on. :)

P.S. I'm xtaketwox on Tumble. :)
iPhonePlz chapter 3 . 3/13/2016
Oh no...I've reached the end far too soon.

And my brain felt so tied into it, so invested in where the hell Kylo thinks he's going with this and where you're ACTUALLY going with it. This is a gem of a fic for sure. Whenever you manage to update this, I'm totally gonna come sprinting back.
49 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »