Reviews for Buried Above Ground
ecsweet chapter 30 . 3/23
Let myself give me a closure after leaving this review.

It does not surprise me seeing Stella in this fic being harsh towards Emi previously. Although, I dunno why.

But it does surprise me Flack in this fic being harsh towards Stella. Looks like I need to re-define “an open relationship.”

I don’t think Stella owes Mac any apology. On the contrary, her apology in this fic pissed me off.
It is not a shame that she goes to New Orleans running her team. On the contrary, it is worth being happy. Very sad that best friend does not show any of happiness for Stella. It may be better they are separate instead of working together. She cannot be his second in demand always.

Personally, I don’t know Christine completely. In my opinion, If she is good, Mac deserves it. If she is not, Mac deserves it too. Because she is his choice. And I don’t know if what Christine said before is in-character. If it does, I really feel bad for Christine. Well, after all I think they will be happy each other.
ecsweet chapter 5 . 3/23
Last time I reviewed it seems I didn’t leave what I thought completely. Although, this time may not leave completely either...
Well, in Chapter 5 what confused me most is why Stella explained why she left NY after 3 yrs she had gone not when she was leaving. You kind of make me think Stella had got aphasia before she left.

And given her history of hooking up with a fireman, It is very interesting to see she still blamed herself for what happened in E2.21 and what Mac said sth about Frankie... Most interesting part is Mac asked about why Stella left him... I don’t think Mac don’t knows why... Maybe Mac is very stubborn, but not stupid.

And this Stella is a smart ass, not a shining woman who is bold and determined.
This chapter what lets me down is, u destroyed trust between Mac and Stella. Correct me if I am wrong, you think friends didn’t need this trust?
ecsweet chapter 31 . 1/14
Well... I had read this fic, but I didn’t chose to leave a review. Today, this fic suddenly has rolled around in my head. So I want to review something.
Looks like ONS thing in E6.1 clouded your judgement... I really don’t think what Stella and Adam did at that night affects their friendship. I mean... even it didn’t hurt their feelings.
And it is strange that Stella is still close with Mac like when they had been in New York years ago. The point is, they have been already different people. Years ago Mac and Stella, sadly, would be not exist. (they might have realized that while Stella decided to leave. Cannot conceal the fact that life always goes forward...)
I had to admit that M/S parts in this fic gave me more uncomfortable that good.

Although appreciate to see you didn’t put M/S together, unfortunately for me, I didn’t see a kind, romantic S’s boyfriend who didn’t work with S.(Coz that is why I wanted to clicked on this website...Damn!)
johnd876 chapter 31 . 7/23/2018
I looked but it wasn't there.
johnd876 chapter 10 . 7/23/2018
Villagers: Think it's in there? All right! Let's get it!
Villager 1: Whoa. Hold on. Do you know what that thing could do to you?
Villager 2: Yeah, it'll grind your bones for its bread.
Shrek: (From behind) (Laughs) Yes, well, actually, that would be a giant. (Everyone looks behind them and stares up in terror) Now, ogres... they're much worse. They'll make a suit from your freshly peeled skin.
Villager 3: No!
Shrek: (Moves closer) They'll shave your liver. Squeeze the jelly from your eyes! (Looks thoughtful as he taps his chin) Actually, it's quite good on toast.
Villager 3: (waving a torch around back and forth in front of Shrek's eyes) Back! Back, beast! Back! I warn ya!
(Shrek licks his fingers and snuffs out the torch)
(Gasping)
Villager 3: Right.
(Roaring)
(Shouting)
(Roaring)
(Roaring Continues)
(Shouting Continues)
Shrek: (Whispers) This is the part where you run away.
(Gasping)
(Everyone panics and run away and one villager trips and then gets up and continues running)
johnd876 chapter 7 . 7/23/2018
I agree. Adam does look like a young Santa Claus down to the beard. And then there's the fact that he is a wizard when it comes to computers and other electronic devices.
smuffly chapter 31 . 2/6/2016
Sweet ending to this episode, with two couples so very much in love and committed to each other.
smuffly chapter 30 . 2/6/2016
Continuing the theme of Don Flack - somehow, he does manage to get away with conversations like the one he has with Stella in this chapter. He doesn't seem as though he's interfering or preaching, just telling it like it is.

I rather like the way you are handling Christine's character (her smile, in this chapter, was very amusing for some reason), and the confrontation between Mac and Stella was closure in a realistic way for both of them.
smuffly chapter 29 . 2/6/2016
Don's support for Adam has been one of the absolute highlights of your stories so far.
smuffly chapter 28 . 2/6/2016
Adam's middle name was a neat little detail that I rather liked. And I held my breath during the conversation between Adam and Stella. Whatever the consequences, or the right and wrong of his statements, it's nice to see Adam so unafraid to speak his mind at last, demonstrating a very believable development of character, given the circumstances.
smuffly chapter 27 . 2/6/2016
Interesting little side-excursion here, with Emi's long lost relative. Best line has to be Adam's 'parfait' quip...
smuffly chapter 26 . 2/6/2016
Ooh, the Morrigan - nice use of mythical imagery there. (Have you ever read Hounds of the Morrigan? Weird, wonderful and fabulous children's book...) Anyway, I digress. In a cat-fight, my money would always be on Emi. Another fun chapter, full of action, framed at either end by Stella's incredulity, lol.
smuffly chapter 25 . 2/6/2016
Such a relief to see Adam and Emi together again. I love their dynamic, in all its fascinating permutations. Here, Adam is in protective mode (one of my favourites, for him). But wait - are those screams? Uh-oh... all is not over...
smuffly chapter 24 . 2/6/2016
Love the way the two strands - Adam and Emi - come together as Emi catches sight of him, just as Jewel is bearing down on him... And once again, a great last line!
smuffly chapter 23 . 2/6/2016
Great chapter, short but full of action! I really enjoyed this and, once again, I applaud your attention to detail.