Reviews for Mater Familias
Ariastella chapter 9 . 9/1
I agree that Vegeta deserves the bashing & fuck if I don't love seeing him get served so much humble pie, but at the same time, I REALLY loved the character arc that he had goin' for him, both in Z, GT & Super. I just loved how he slowly softened over time & let his defenses down in order to actually create genuine bonds with his family. Sure, it took a long while, but it eventually happened & I have to say that the payoff at the end of the Kid Boo Saga where he realizes, "Wait... I'm a good person?" It was like, 'Oh, my gosh! He's growin' up!'

His character progression may have been slow, but I found it interesting how he'd been the 1 to change most in the entire series. I mean, he goes from crazy nutjob in the Saiyan Saga to anti-hero with a villain's temper & zero regard for his new family to being horrified when Future Trunks is killed & goes berserker because of it to a half-anti-hero, half-ally & dismissive father who misses his villainous glory days to a genuinely repentant & sacrificing individual who realizes that he actually values his family to a man willing to actually fuse with his arch-rival, then wish that rival to have all his power restored whilst himself must sit on the sidelines thereby subverting the absolute colossus that is his pride in favor of SAVING THE FUCKING UNIVERSE, thus learning that maybe he wasn't such a bad guy after all to an overprotective dad who has a mini-meltdown over his daughter telling him that his 'stache was lame! XD

Even so, there are also the little factors from Super that make it even sweeter. Contrary to now, Vegeta even managed to become a man who was willing to take on the God of Destruction, whom he had been utterly paralyzed with fear at the sight of, when said god having slapped 'HIS Bulma.' Then, he later asserts himself as a father nervously awaiting the arrival of his new daughter & just sorta slides right into the position of 'dad' so easily that it feels almost seamless. So much so, in fact, that he actually turned down a fucking tournament in favor of staying by his wife's side & actually SMILING at the tiny angel he helped create upon her birth. All this while still tryin' to keep his tsundere attitude up.

So, in some way, I guess that what I'm hopin' for is that all his character development will stay valid. I'm not saying that he isn't still a right bastard-ass with pride issues, but he's VASTLY improved.

In this way, I kinda hope that someone clues him in on the fact that the best & most sure-fire way to get stronger is to have people to fight for. As in, to forge true & meaningful bonds, keep them, nurture them, & then strive to protect them.
ruboo001 chapter 18 . 8/10
Aww, I want to read more of this... Best character and his wife, a good-guy Cell, I kinda like this fic, and I want to see Vegeta get his just desserts...
Jolteongrl chapter 9 . 7/18
*Intense singing of Mr. Sandman*
Revliledpembroke chapter 18 . 4/14
Even more has happened in Super. In fact, it ended! Or... went on hiatus... or something.

*Insert outrageous demand for more fanfic, never mind that I could, conceivably, write my own and finish it in my own time that way*
Revliledpembroke chapter 17 . 4/14
What, now Ultra Instinct? Whatever Vegeta's Super Blue form was?

I think it probably would have been better to have the ancient satirist fellow only know of one or two forms.

Especially with the new movie that might have the original Super Saiyan God.
Revliledpembroke chapter 16 . 4/14
Huh... Bardock should have just said that Gero was already dead. Then he would have exploded.

We know that there isn't said explosive effect in DBZ though, as Future and Baby Trunks exist in the same room with no issue.
Revliledpembroke chapter 15 . 4/14
Husband and wife? Making a LOT of assumptions, aren't you?
Revliledpembroke chapter 14 . 4/14
Vegeta isn't a king. True, his father is dead. That makes him the Uncrowned King. But he is not King because he was never crowned.
Revliledpembroke chapter 13 . 4/14
Ehhhh. Dragonball already has enough "bad guys turning good," we don't really need a good Cell floating around. Though it could be fun if he absorbs Future Trunks's 17 and 18...

17 and 18 turning good wasn't too much of a stretch as they hadn't really done very much that was villainous (aside from, what, steal a car?). Vegeta turning good took a very long time. Raising a Cell that was good... I dunno.

Also, Nicky Town? Is that where THE WOMBAT lives?

Video killed the radio star...
Revliledpembroke chapter 12 . 4/14
What is it with people being obsessed with "WHY ISN'T THERE A FEMALE SUPER SAIYAN?" The answer is, very clearly because ALL FEMALE SAIYANS ARE DEAD! And since there aren't any female half-Saiyans (yet), there aren't any Super Saiyans. At least, not until Super. Then people complain that they picked up the transformations too easily.
Revliledpembroke chapter 11 . 4/14
Hey Gine, Cell wants to absorb these two androids. Think you could pop them over to Yardrat where he could never possibly reach them?
Revliledpembroke chapter 5 . 4/14
Well, Goku hasn't even kissed his own wife. Familial relationships don't matter as much to him as they would to Vegeta (Royalty would be obsessed with preserving their line, after all) or humans.
Revliledpembroke chapter 3 . 4/14
Be interesting to see what happens with Super Saiyans Trunks, Vegeta, Goku, and Gine around. Oh, and then Gohan as well. It really is a Super Saiyan bargain sale.
Revliledpembroke chapter 2 . 4/14
MasakoX of TeamFourStar has recently started a "What if" where Gine went to Earth with Goku.

You probably know that already, given that you said you followed them. But hey, if don't, find it on YouTube.
Revliledpembroke chapter 1 . 4/14
Why do you bother warning people about spoilers in fanfics? Most people who read fanfics are going to be intimately familiar with the details of the story.

Granted, that might not be the case in a crossover work where one fandom might not be completely familiar with the other series, but, in that case, why read the crossover?