Reviews for Sugar and Spice
Sammy's mom chapter 1 . 1/26/2016
Lovely!
flybybee chapter 1 . 1/24/2016
Love this story! Thanks for "fixing" it so she gets to go to America with him-that's a story line I wanted to see. I also loved the detail about the different sand-a lovely little touch. Laura's a lucky lady!
Daniella Harwood chapter 1 . 1/14/2016
That brought a grin to my face after the sad news of today. A lovely piece which satisfies the wondering imagination, that was casting about for a fic where Foyle takes Sam to America. Then add in the tempting pastries, which makes one quite hungry for more.
LauraRaposa chapter 1 . 1/13/2016
This was the sweetest and BEST Christmas present! Thank you, ladies!
I see Dances and GiuC made good use of the Foodsmith's Facebook photos. And we do have many British visitors. Now, if only a man in a trilby would grace my Kitchen... xoxox
fitzgeraldsmt chapter 1 . 1/11/2016
Heavenly delights all round. Thank you.
Wolseley37 chapter 1 . 1/10/2016
Delectable in every sense! What a lovely tribute to The Foodsmith, and a delightful treat for us all. Enjoyed the descriptions of the locality, the shop and, of course, the baked goods. Nicely done!
GiuliettaC chapter 1 . 1/9/2016
So good to see our pair freed from the austerity of post-war Britain, filling their lungs with Cape Cod air and their bellies with Stateside gourmet treats! What better place for them to unwind and admit their feelings for each other? Loved the image of them strolling together, the history lesson, the food... and the sweet kiss. You've done our couple - and Laura - proud :o)
meow chapter 1 . 1/8/2016
I love your wonderful stories. So we'll written. I always look foward to reading them and it makes my day when I see you posted a new one.
Rosalindfan chapter 1 . 1/7/2016
Lucky Laura! A sweet story (with a little spice) - I loved the image of Sam's jaw dropping in surprise.
OxfordKivrin chapter 1 . 1/7/2016
Delightful and mouthwatering! I especially enjoyed Sam's vivacious literature-and-history lesson.
maryjoeh chapter 1 . 1/7/2016
Very entertaining story with an interesting twist of having these two in New England. Sorry to find it's only one chapter...was hoping there would be more to enjoy. THanks
spottedhorse chapter 1 . 1/7/2016
What a marvelous piece! There is so much nuance and subtle emotion packed into this one. Your story of their trip to the Foodsmith is a true sample of wordsmithing.
Martinfan chapter 1 . 1/7/2016
Such a sweet story!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/7/2016
That was perfect!The background,the plot,the feelings,Laura's sharp eye,The Foodsmith,every single detail so beautifully offered!A real present for the New Year!Thank you so much!