Reviews for Read Like a Book
Just4Me chapter 1 . 1/20/2016
What a fun departure from Middle Earth! And in one of my favorite worlds - the world of Sherlock Holmes. I loved Wren's masterly reading of Sherlock's emotional state. It's going to be fun to see their interactions. I wonder which one of them has the bigger brain? And is John Thorington going to be her hero, an innocent bystander, or the villain? Can't wait to find out.
FrauSilberberg chapter 4 . 1/18/2016
Without knowing anything about the Sherlock world (other than the classical literature by A.C. Doyle) and fandom (sorry, I already feel like a retard...:))
I like this story. It's a fluent read, the characters are believable and you are playing one of your strongest cards here: Writing dialogues has always been your forte (in my opinion). I am hooked. What about Sherlock's and Wren's resemblance? Are they related? That would explain a lot...
I love it, please keep going :)
ChizomenoHime chapter 4 . 1/18/2016
Enter Mary and John! This is getting better by the line, you captured BBC's Sherlock's personality with flair and style, reading this story feels like the universe perfectly transplanted the series to book and decided to add Wren because there is no such thing as an upper limit to awesomeness.
All this to say this story is gold so far, no, platinum, probably diamond before the end. I'll go find a bar of chocolate to comfort me as I wait for Wednesday... Thank you so much!
ChizomenoHime chapter 3 . 1/18/2016
Alrighty ho, my bet is that all hell has broken loose on dearest Wren because of a certain handsome's visit... Let's hope her nerves resist the shock, or Sherlock is going to have to deal with a full-out panic attack, and somehow I don't think he's the most suited person in England to do so...
ChizomenoHime chapter 2 . 1/18/2016
Looks like Wren isn't the perfect match for only one person across all the universes... Or am I reading too much into this? Anyways, I never would have imagined they would actually surprise the escape of her mysterious "guests". Thank you for this story, I'm hooked and the fun has barely started!
ChizomenoHime chapter 1 . 1/18/2016
I feel like 99% of my brain is screaming at me to forget about the review, and just go, go, go, read what happens next, read every single letter in the next chapter and bless the stars I still have three chapters to read. Still, it is my welcomed duty as a reader to show appreciation when it is so deserved. Wow, what a smashing story beginning! I absolutely love it, bring on the Baker street consultant detective and our beloved empath ginger!
Citadela chapter 4 . 1/18/2016
I am relieved you said in your a.n. in "Letters to your heart..." that you wish to keep the character here consistent. I was afraid that you planned Wren to break Shelock's "nonexistent" heart or even worse, to not pair her with J.C. Thorington! And that just wouldn't do! (Stomp my, in no way dainty, foot, here.) Then I remembered a story in your modern universe ( I forgot which title, sorry) where Wren is gay and refuses to stay with the dwarfs and is sent back home just in time to meet a majestic black hair, blue eyed woman who moved next door :) So, since the universe insists... Waiting for John to appear and having so much fun with Watson and Marry (I love her in series and here. )
LeydiLeyla chapter 4 . 1/17/2016
Loved it! A new character is always hard to accept for me but I didn't have that problem with Wren. Please keep on updating!
aliena wyvern chapter 4 . 1/16/2016
Oh, thorin, what have you done...
Wynni chapter 4 . 1/16/2016
Just when i thought i could fall any more in love with this story, it just gets better and better.

Mary and John are a HOOT. Sherlock hiding behind the paper priceless

and, to top it off, our dear Thorington is a double o! WIIIIIN!
Wynni chapter 3 . 1/13/2016
Ooooh, is this going to be a case of mistaken identity, or 'man iwth one red shoe' sort of mystery? I'm really really interested in where you're going with this.

poor Wrennie, i'd be happy to give her huggles and comforts.
aliena wyvern chapter 3 . 1/12/2016
Too much suspense...can't wait for more!
SkylarkianSongs chapter 2 . 1/11/2016
I have long suspected empathy could be scientifically proven. I wonder if Sherlock will discover the same. Well written, though I could do without the extra stuff at the end of each chapter. One set of advertisements would suffice.
Citadela chapter 2 . 1/10/2016
Your new story is, unsurprisingly, not at all bothersome.
aliena wyvern chapter 2 . 1/10/2016
You are really, really good at writing sherlock's way of deduction :D
111 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 Next »