Reviews for My Brothers
Big Fan chapter 1 . 2/8/2013
A very sad good story. I'm glad that not all your stories are this sad. I'm still trying not to throw up over some of Anubis's crazy antics. All in all, very good story :)
anonymous chapter 1 . 8/10/2010
not bad. i am glad at least to finally see some diablo
SacredStoneFury chapter 1 . 12/8/2008
Very good. It was very well written with only a few grammar mistakes here and there. My biggest annoyance with your writing is that you put spaces when you pause (like so). . . (should be just...)

But, it is definitely a good story. I plan to go read it now on fictionpress (though I don't have an account, so I don't know if I'll review). Keep up the good work!
Forestwater chapter 1 . 7/15/2006
Whoa. That was really good. But kinda sad. Now I'm depressed. I blame you.

Man, i NEED SLEEP!

alrighty, i really like Cain. Why? Becauae i do. DEAL WITH IT.
Parselmaster chapter 1 . 3/4/2006
Sad but nicely written.
mad-man chapter 1 . 12/8/2004
this should so totaly lead to a story.

later the, MAD-MAN
Startide Risen chapter 1 . 1/20/2004
Despite the fact that I have never played Diablo and have no idea what it's about, I thoroughly enjoyed this story. It's funny, sweet, and sad, sometimes all at once. Your characterization, as always, is superb. How is it that all your characters are inherently lovable?
Sleight chapter 1 . 8/2/2003
This was an awesome story. _

The fact that I've yet to play Diablo, and I've read and understood this story is telling a lot. I loved some of the humor in it, and I find that you wrote Galen and Anubis' part really well. I liked the fact that even as they grew much older, they still continued to have their brotherly fights.

I also admire the fact that you wrote this in a first-point of view, all the while making the reader feel as though they really *are* the person, rather than looking through the mind of someone else. You can write very well with emotions as well. I really did feel as though I were in this person's point of view, and that I *had* been waiting several years on a dock with a stomach of uneasy panic.

When Anubis had tried to resurrect his mother, I wasn't sure how it would have turned out, and when I had read it, the first thing that came to mind was 'That was an Anubis move.' It sounded like something a younger brother would do, and when Galen had entered the scene, it really worked out when I tried picturing it in my mind.

But I thoroughly I enjoyed the humor in this too. Anubis and Galen are quite the pair, and one of the most interesting young brother-older brother relationships that I've read. Actually, I haven't sen many stories with a younger brother-older brother relationship, and it's a really fresh feeling to be reading something I had had yet to read. My favourite moment was:

"You'll die," Anubis hissed at him, eyes narrowed suddenly.

"If I do," Galen said darkly, "don't you dare try and resurrect me."

That part hit gold, and I was laughing for ages. I love the way you write, and the fact that you were able to keep Galen serious yet humurous at the same time is amazing me. I love the two of them -quite the pair.

At the end of this story, I nearly cried. That ending sentence 'My brothers had come home.' It had really hit a heart nerve. A hollow feeling of love, because who you loved was there, but out of your reach.

This story was a really fresh idea, and I hope that if you continue to making it into a longer story, it'll work out well. I'd be looking forward to it, and after reading this, I have the sudden urge to go try and play Diablo.

At the moment, I have yet to read other stories as wonderful as this and Legend of Zelda: The Return. They're my favourites of your works, though I was wondeirng where your original stories went. I haven't been on fictionpress yet, so I'll go see if it's over there. ; Silly me.

I don't usually have much time on the computer, and I find that reading your stories are always worth it. They're long and very entertaining, and let the reader continously enjoy and feel as though they were in the story itself. I hope you continue writing, and that one day you may become a famous author. You have the skill, and I hope to see a book published of yours on the shelf one day. I'm sure you're characters would love a litenary life, now wouldn't they? Now only if people were allowed to publish fanfictions. Hm... the world would be a better place. Then again... I'm actually serious, but I'd really love to see a work of yours published. I hope it happens soon.

I'm sorry if my review was overly too long or anything short of something. There is so much more I want to say, but I have very little time left on the computer.

I'll be waiting for more,

Sleight
Qualinesti chapter 1 . 7/6/2003
Hot DAMN! My God...this story kicks ass. I mean REALLY kicks ass.

I demand to know when you write more, especially if it concerns Anubis.

(checks favorite author's box)
The Demon Seta chapter 1 . 7/3/2003
Wow. (This sums up a five page rant about how good your story is)

Another great story, as usual. I really loved the end, where the character says 'but I didn't hear him. My brothers had come home.' That was really cool. Awe-inspiring. A bit depressing, too, but good.

I love how this story is written in first person, but weaves a flow that makes you feel it is in third person too.

Overall, it was a wonderful story. A ten out of ten.
H7 chapter 1 . 6/23/2003
Wow, great. *claps loudly*

Great job, especailly how you gave the third brother a kind of hopeless, unable to help feeling about him. Really interesting.
Norvegica chapter 1 . 4/8/2003
Very well done. There is a lyricism and rhythm with the way the story was told. It gives the feeling that one was really watching the childhood development of a Necromancer and a Paladin. The interactions are very human and humorous. The ending is nicely tragic.
lazy-bones-the-dragon chapter 1 . 1/30/2003
*Sobs wildly* Waaaaaaaaa! *Wipes tear away* What a beautiful story! *Blows nose* Those two are heroes! Keep up the good work! *Resumes crying*
Talon chapter 1 . 1/18/2003
Firstoff, bravo on one of the best stories I've seen for a while. )

The fic...

...is clearly told in first person, but somehow it gives the reader a seperated, omnipresent feeling usually only possible in a third person perspective.

...flows smoothly from act to act, incorporating elements from each.

...starts strong and ends strong.

...has a general enough plot, but written in a new and fresh way.

Any one is difficult to do, but having all of them in one story speaks quite a bit about the skill of the author. )

Beautifully executed.
RedLady chapter 1 . 1/12/2003
That was pretty good! The only thing is that the two brothers didn't seem to pay much attention to the narrator of the story. I'm not sure if it's a she or a he...

I like the explanations though. I don't think I've seen much about Kurast being written about in Diablo fanfiction.

_