Reviews for Devil Nights
Guest chapter 8 . 5/14/2017
alright is grammatically ALL WRONG. It may be acceptable at times to have it in quotes, but it looks as bad out of quotes as using ain't.

but nice story, it started off like a freight train. I only wish you'd been able to maintain the momentum. Then it would have been the best SR story ever written.
Hexatona chapter 8 . 2/24/2017
Thank you, El Stormo, for writing this!

I know a lot of stories I've read feel like they have to up the ante by making big sweeping stories that end up about saving the world, but when it's one person just trying to find out what went wrong in their life, it's a lot more personal and intriguing.

I'll be honest, I don't really know anything about Shadowrun, but you did a fine job of making it so I didn't need to.

I also like how the opening summary doesn't really make a lot of sense at first. It's not until much later when you realize that this is just the aftermath of something the real heroes did. You did such a wonderful job of showing that everyone is the protagonist of their own story.

Anyway, as a thank you for writing this story that I enjoyed so much, I made you something. As a hobby, I like to find interest or otherwise awesome fanfictions, and turn them into Non-Terrible Audiobooks. By non-terrible, I mean I really do go above and beyond in making something you could sit down and listen to. I go through and fix spelling mistakes, I find the new words and make them pronounced properly by the voice, add pauses for maximum comprehension, emphasize italicized text, and best of all make dialogue at a different pitch than narration so that you always know when people are talking.

I know what I do isn't exactly for everyone, it's like a weird triple-sub-niche of interest, but I hope you can find something to enjoy with it (and if not, at least accept it as a symbol of my thanks for writing this!)

Sadly, I can't post links here, but if you go on youtube and search for "Devil Nights" and "ARandomAudiobookAppeared" you'll be certainly able to find it.

So... Thanks!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/24/2016
Words cannot describe how awesome this entire fic has been. Loved it from the get-go to the end. Awesome parts,terrifying parts,beautiful and ugly and cyberpunk mixed into a story that made me get to work late,made me miss friend- and SO-time just so I could read it. Your penmanship is awesome and I need to check out your other work.
Maybe a spinoff about winning Runners sometime? Or the two other survivors? Anyhow,awesome story,thanks for writing it. -FLaREInc
tirechanclas chapter 8 . 4/28/2016
I didn't actually expect a happy ending for this story but you managed to pull it off wonderfully. I would love to see some of these characters return in another story

A fan,
tirechanclas
WolFang1011 chapter 8 . 4/27/2016
Poor Katie. I was kinda surprised at how 'normal' her behaviour was so soon after Tsang property had been reclaimed. You'd think losing something like that would debilitate you for a good long while, but maybe it's the vampire thing keeping her going? Or the fact that it wasn't authentic. I don't know. But I loved it. Especially the removal.

It was genius though, the retina scan thing. Such a simple yet evil thing to do.

The ending. Too good to be true so early on. Expecting more things to happen soon.
Alias-Maxima chapter 8 . 4/23/2016
Amazing. Horrific gore and unadulterated emotion, mixed with action, witty dialogue, and utterly hilarious game references. I will admit to chuckling at the obliviousness to which the characters reacted to some of those references. Some of those antagonists really had it coming to them! I enjoyed their suffering.

It bugged me how you kept referring to them in pairs even after- I'll just call it 'the thing' to avoid spoilers- was done to Kate. Like, for instance, "...tears welled up in her eyes." That's just a small nitpick.
Adapse chapter 8 . 4/23/2016
Woo! That was nerve-wracking for a while; kept wondering if they were going to make it or not. I'm glad that's turned out alright, and Phillip's managed to survive too! :D

I'm wondering if Sayuri's been modified or something? Like an implant or maybe some sort of cybernetic control? She seemed pretty reluctant but still did her job to the end.

Another awesome story ended...will you be doing one for Fallout 4? And do you have an AO3 account by any chance?
LeCursedOne chapter 7 . 4/21/2016
Been a long while since I reviewed any of your stories, last time I did was for 'From the Underground' back in its early days.

As someone who never heard of Shadowrun, I got to say you did a great job. I barely found myself confused and lost as to what's going on, or having to look up the wiki for more information. The whole infected with vampirism thing? Pretty damn cool, liked the way it was portrayed, especially the animosity between them and those unfortunate enough to become ghouls.

And just to double check, the plot differs from the main plot line for Shadowrun Hong Kong right? Like it's connected but not following it directly?
Adapse chapter 7 . 3/14/2016
Ooh, keeping my fingers crossed for a much better outcome with the Runners this time. And finally maybe we'll see why Tsang wants her dead so badly!
Adapse chapter 6 . 3/14/2016
lol, That wasn't what I'd expected of the encounter with her sire. xD At first I was all in agreement with Ku Feng in a, "Well, what did you expect? A ruthless vampire would hardly care about-" and then the rest happened and I had a "Wait, what?" moment before cackling out loud at the hilarity of it all. xDD

And gaaah, Anya. Serves her right, drunk or not. Hopefully Kate will make it out of the rich area smoothly! And woot for the mini-Sheogorath-cameo! :D
Tony chapter 7 . 3/11/2016
I like it. I recognize some of the character names from the previous chapters (of course!)… but also from the CRPG Shadowrun: Hong Kong - Extended Edition by Harebrained Schemes. I am thoroughly enjoying the story so far. Well done! Keep up the good work.
WolFang1011 chapter 7 . 3/11/2016
That's what you get for tryna tame chaos, but hey. Humans never learn. Geez.

Firstly, two errors, before I forget:
She'd head scuttlebutt - heard
Prosperity Project was an idea was an idea - repetition

Okay then. I will say that I see the sense in what the Runners had to do. No good or bad choices in that kinda situation. I can also see why Katie is - put mildly - bitter about it. But I'm happy that she's also seeing the sense in the situation.

I kind of want to see how George Carlin would have reacted to the Walled City fiasco.

But ouch with the musketeers. Tsunderes are the light of life. Sigh.

Now I am looking forward to the next chapter. Promises to be interesting. My mind is also on alert, expecting death. But we shall see.

Until next time, Stormo. (Still needs getting used to, calling you that.)
WolFang1011 chapter 6 . 3/4/2016
This is the most beautiful thing I have read in a long time. A dickslapping Cthulu,Sheo, aliens. That cab driver deserves a fraggin medal.

I don't know what the heck was exchanged in Russian/Polish, but the rest I think would make most sane people lose their shit. Katie was mild.

Mistress of the night was pretty good, actually. A batfight, I suppose, this is. But at least some answers were gleaned. Hopefully, there'll be some more of those next time when we meet the Orc and his sister.

No errors as far as I could see. And I also tried to keep spoilers to a minimum. Except a dickslapping Cthulu deserves a special mention xD

Looking forward to more Katie!
Alias-Maxima chapter 6 . 3/4/2016
A great read, as always! I appreciate how this story breaks down the cliches of Vampirism, going so far as to poke fun at some of the more overused tropes. Again, I don't know the universe very well, but it seems a lot of the details are very deliberate: the "tiny sensor," and the reward for bringing in Anya (what a bitch!), among others. I can only presume that those are actual aspects of the game.

I'll keep my finger on f5 for that next chapter.
tirechanclas chapter 5 . 2/25/2016
Caught up and so far this a great story. I really like the fact that before all this she was just a security officer. It makes the character unique, if only because of how not unique she is.

A fan,