Reviews for I did not want this
The Black Shadowx chapter 9 . 6/20/2014
Brilliant. absolutly Brilliant.
Kyle chapter 1 . 12/26/2013
Good story poor summary.
trustingfrndshp chapter 9 . 2/26/2008
It's been a long time since I first read this fic and I just wanted to let you know that I still enjoy reading it; thanks for having shared it :)
Ocne chapter 9 . 10/24/2005
Hi, Catwjl! I've just read your story and found it pretty good. You have some good descriptions (the one in the chapter 7, where Aragorn and the one ring overpower the three ringbearers in Moria was great, in my opinion) and I appreciated your character development (the Frodo-Aragorn and Elrond-Aragorn relationships were interesting and original).

There were some spelling errors, but it did not hinder the reading all that much. Anyway, English is not my native tongue and I'm sure I have made a couple of mistakes in this review. As for the flashbacks in the chapters 2 and 4, I wonder if the story's flow wouldn't be better if you wrote those events chronologically? It is only a suggestion and only because you seemed unsure in your A/N of the chapter 4.

That was my bout of constructive criticism. I hope you don't feel insulted, because it was not my intention at all. I liked this story and will read Dark Lord's Consort and its sequel. I will try to review too, even though it takes me an indecent amount of time to just find my words in your tongue :-)
Naila chapter 9 . 3/29/2005
I LOVE IT! You just don't see enough fics this good going around...
sielge chapter 9 . 3/28/2005
This is an amazing piece of work!

One of my favorites!
sielge chapter 3 . 3/27/2005
This seams to be the beginning of a wonderful story!
Aeriscetra12 chapter 9 . 4/25/2004
Well written story. One of the best stories I have read in a long time.
AM chapter 9 . 4/9/2004
Just re-read this and liked it even better than before.
AM chapter 9 . 11/16/2003
I just came across this ... have no idea how I missed it. Absolutely marvelous.

Your Aragorn is brilliant. And the implied bit about L & H killing him if the darkness took over.

There were times I was deathly afraid that it would not end happily. Love them getting a "happily ever after" forever.
Estel Baggins chapter 3 . 8/6/2003
Oye! This is really, really good! It's taking me a long time to read it because of time constraints, but it's amazing!
b mcnally chapter 1 . 2/28/2003
hi just wanted to tell you how much i have enjoyed your story "i did not want this". it was one of the first stories i started reading when i discovered fan fiction and i have read and enjoyed every chapter, it was excellant.
trustingfriendship chapter 9 . 2/27/2003
I just read this story in one sitting but I have to say that I loved every minute of it; I loved the way you included everyone, and how you filled Aragorn's loss of the ring with Gandalf's elven ring; I also agreed with his choice of rejoining his family over death even if he couldn't be reunited with his friends-he deserved his long awaited peace; hope to see more of your work:-)
mibu no ookami chapter 9 . 2/27/2003
Great story! Well written and very gripping imo.

And strangely among those hundreds of LotR-fics I've read I never came across one where he obtained the Ring without getting immediately evil and reign as the "dark King of ME" or such. I find your approach with the changing personality taking place over a certain amount of time and the Ringowner aware of the changes (in good as in bad terms feeling the powers and abilities the Ring grants and forces upon him) a lot more reasonable - I believe those mirror what Smeagol/Gollum encountered when he took the Ring (without really being able to wield it of course and with an early corrupted desire for the evil powers) and turned him into the creature we know from the LotR-events.

Because you made Aragorn's struggles with the dark powers of the Ring and thus his own darker desires so realistic I sometimes was really in doubt if Aragorn would overcome the Ring /and/ survive discarding it. I liked how much he was able - and desperately needed - to rely on his family, closest friends and followers for support and that he and the others felt the necessity to have Legolas and Halbarad as a quick "last resort" if he would be consumed.

The giving of one of the elven-rings to him as a substitute was imo a very good idea, I never imagined that could be solution to at least dim the feeling of loss but it sounds reasonable. I'm glad you ended with a chance for him finding peace finally.
Kaz chapter 9 . 2/27/2003
Aw thats so sweet and a happy ending yey :)

Thankyou for a very original great fic hope to read more from u :)

love Kaz