Reviews for Introductions
Taryn Streambattle chapter 1 . 3/12/2009
Aye, Boromir. You are right. This is grat, like th ebit with Gimli and Pip!
Pipkin Sweetgrass chapter 1 . 3/4/2005
What a wonderful, wonderful story! I'm choosing this as a candidate for best Boromir and Merry fic for my Bee Charmer: Remember Me award and archiving it im my C2.

The relationship between Boromir and his favorite hobbits is, for me, one of the most wonderful aspects of the books. I'm so glad you gave a nod to that wonderful friendship. Thank you so much!

Your good characterization, immaculate dialogue and overall quality work shines in this fic. I'll be looking at your other stories. Please keep writing!
Frannie1 chapter 1 . 1/3/2004
Hello. If you are checking these reviews in succession, you will see that I've reviewed again. And once again, I am not disappointed. I think your portrayal of Boromir was quite good. I've just written a story about him, myself. It's nice to see a writer who is so good at writing but also has a good voice-your own voice. It's annoying when people try to immitate Tolkien's style of writing. Keep writing, I look forward to reading more.
Samwise the Strong chapter 1 . 8/16/2003
Exelent, ohh master of the word. this was indeed a veryy sweet little story.
Anne-Marie chapter 1 . 3/28/2003
O, I liked that alot! Really alot, no out of characterness, really and developed Merry and Boromir nicely, good job! :) I wouldn't mind seeing more of Merry's efforts.
Jera chapter 1 . 1/26/2003
Very well written (although there's a spelling mistake in the last line), the writing stlye is in line with Tolkein and it's a very intersting one-shot. Excellent!
Ruse chapter 1 . 1/16/2003
Nice piece! I rather thought Boromir's little relationship to Merry and Pip in the movie was cute. Gave him something to be besides who we knew would try and take the ring. I enjoyed this! Nice work!
Tar Irene chapter 1 . 1/16/2003
This is truly a fantastic story. You are very true to cannon, and I love your interpretation of the characters. Boromir happens to be my favorite LotR character, and I found myself enjoying your characterization of him immensely. It seems right-on to me. My favorite part would have to be "if battle had taught him one thing it was that the spear that saved his life could come from the hands of one whose blood ran nearly true to Westernesse—or one whose blood did not." This is a beatifully written sentence, and it expresses my thoughts on thee subject precisely.
Tabbycat2000 chapter 1 . 1/15/2003
This is a really cute story. It shows Boromir in a whole new light. Bravo!
Shada Bay chapter 1 . 1/13/2003
What a cute story! :)

I loved your depictions of Merry and Pippin, as well as the way you described Boromir. And the idea of Gimli not being able to get a word in edgewise was a humourous thought!

Thank you so much for writing so wonderfully! No one at seems to check their spelling and grammar, and this was a welcome reprieve from that particular evil.

Shada
shadow975 chapter 1 . 1/12/2003
I like this a lot! I think you get both characters nicely, and their interaction is both quite believable and somewhat unusual - I don't think I've read much fiction wherein the Hobbits are suggested to have good minds for battle. I wonder if you're going to write more of this? I know you said it's a one-shot, but I like the interaction between these two, and it's always nice to see someone who can write a good Boromir. In particular, I like the penultimate two paragraphs, where Boromir is neatly shown to be not just an experienced soldier, but a compassionate and fair-minded one as well. Dig it. More, please?
Chiad chapter 1 . 1/12/2003
I would like to second the question about are there any more like this wonderful piece of goodfic.

Great story! I hope to see more like it.

_
Holli chapter 1 . 1/12/2003
This is so great. I like the way that you portayed Merry and Boromir. I'd love to see how the "little One" conversation would go!
GreyLadyBast chapter 1 . 1/12/2003
Very nice! Very true to character, very easy to read. A good change of pace from the vast wasteland of badfic that is . I'll be recommending this to some friends.

Are there more of these little vignettes?
Tara6 chapter 1 . 1/12/2003
That was short but sweet