Reviews for Sugar Plums
KittenofBlaze chapter 185 . 10/4
The truth comes out! Ume protection planlet her have a proper vacation.

I’m imagining the new squad as older teens the young teen/tween sensor girl, as part of like a Lost Boys ninja community of hiding kekkei genkai families, since lava release and super sensing are extremely rare in normal populations. Without enough expert or veteran teachers to cover the in between skills of ninja life. Bc
KittenofBlaze chapter 185 . 10/4
The truth comes out! Ume protection planlet her have a proper vacation.

KittenofBlaze chapter 180 . 10/3
Well that happened! Haku is becoming more like Ume, finding his limits and being upset he isn’t perfect, plus fully realizing that his devotion to Zabuza could have been used against his interests. And Ume has now killed on command, both holding the responsibility of murder and having someone else be responsible, something she didn’t want to do since the beginning of her ninja career.

Also yeah, the anime filler antagonists are really 1 dimensional and thrown away after the ep.
KittenofBlaze chapter 177 . 10/3
Ah! A town of artisans! Somebody needs the skills that make the goods. Lightning only has a monopoly on electronics, and Iron is on the other side of the continent.

Always planning and trying to extract the most of her situation, Ume must miss the ease of online shopping and overnight shipping lol.

I look forward to the other crossings Ume might have with Shikako, but this is very much your world to play with. I wait with bated breath for how the kids will grow and change the world.
KittenofBlaze chapter 175 . 10/3
Oh dang! Ume herself has become complacent to her own ideas of her potential! SHE has to be the one to fix things, and every idea of hers that’s worth doing should be done, and she WILL fight anyone in the way of completing it. Ume will not slow down and take care of herself: her foundation is rocked, but still expects to do everything she used to.

Even in her last dream, she forgot about her missing arm again, but she feels the need to fix what’s broken around her before she can rest.

Maybe she also believes that she deserves to be “broken” for daring to go against those more powerful than her, as she accepted her scars more readily than others did, and hid them from Kiriko because they made Kiriko upset. Putting on the self that others can see without wincing, so that you won’t hurt when you see their expression.
KittenofBlaze chapter 174 . 10/3
Heya! I’ve been bingeing this fic on and off for the last 4 months, and am now close enough to the current end to feel comfortable leaving a comment.

I’ve enjoyed SO MUCH the amount you have written, and the breadth of your world building leaves me in awe. SI/OC in fantasy fiction has one of my favourite genres for… about a decade now (that’s incredible to think of), and Sugar Plums will be scorched into my mind forever.

Ume’s story is equal parts uplifting and sad, her past life hitting a cord with how I think of myself when I graduated highschool. Not doing anything with passion or resolve, except consuming stories. The music and stories you write in show how much fun you have with planing the scenes, and creating a cast of characters, plus having to do the heavy lifting of make personalities for established characters, and making them diverse enough to be recognizable from each other is just *chef’s kiss*.

Bringing back to mind the changes that happened in DOS, I’m excited to see what you have in store for Ume via Gelel. Is it the reincarnation that made her sensitive to nature chakra? Shikako reaching across the nature chakra that found a kindred spirit? Will she find more out of what happened in the dead lands, and circle it back to team 7 shenanigans?

Also I look forward to seeing how you write Ume reacting to Shikako singing in the movie that was filmed in snow country, and then presented during the Grass Chunin exams, I think? It’s been years since I read those parts but it stuck out to me.

Looking forward to the rest of the Wanderjng Swordsman Arc!
jcshauni chapter 186 . 9/9
Holy *censored* *censored* why didn't I discovered this fic before ?
I am a huge fan of DoS and I found your work from the tvtropes pages and I have to say I regret not finding it sooner !
DoS is kinda lighthearted, your take is more grim and I really like it, the fact that you updated it recently is good also, I hope that silverqueeen will come back but I can't really expect it.

I really wish to read the rest of the story you have in your head and I hope you'll see this message. Your story made me start my own fanfiction, one that I will never publish because 1) I don't have the talent to create a whole world like you did, just capitalizing on what was already created and 2) because my schedule is kinda wonky, but still !

magicloverclover chapter 149 . 8/25
I was mostly right… more like a cult though.
magicloverclover chapter 138 . 8/25
Will they create a religion out of her? Knowing that they think of her like that I can definitely see this happening lol.
magicloverclover chapter 125 . 8/25
*everyone anime falls after hearing this*
magicloverclover chapter 90 . 8/24
That was one of the most intelligent moves I have ever seen made. Some books have long term planning but to literally take over the biggest business in the elemental nations (ish)-legally… Genius, like over the top Nara level genius, like holy shit, Athena will bow before these mortals genius.
magicloverclover chapter 44 . 8/24
Sock im in the face
fahri.uchiha chapter 146 . 8/2
Thanks! 146
fahri.uchiha chapter 145 . 7/31
Just arrived and already having administrative problems, lol
fahri.uchiha chapter 144 . 7/31