Reviews for Punch Love REVAMPED
Number6 chapter 1 . 6/25/2005
Dear Harlow.

In life there are things we foolishly take for granted. It's a shame, because regularly these things are the best of our life, and we never give ourselves the time to really appreciate them or even to thank them appropiately. I fear that, for me, "Punch love REVAMPED" is one of those things.

I really love HA! fanfiction. I really love a fanfiction written correctly and with imagination, and I really love Arnold and Helga's characters, but most of all, I love Brainy's character. He is my favorite of the HA! lore. And I think your depiction of him (in his teens) is one of the better I have seen.

I really think you are an author who is capable of writing interesting fanfics, with very mature relationships, and with a great respect for the characters that we know and love. This is true for this fic.

I certainly liked Helga's characterization as a teen: She is a genious, but a bad attitude keeps the world from realizing it. Now she is regarded as a "freak", has changed completely the look (I really miss the unibrow and the pigtails!) and now she is completely alone.

I liked the part when Helga admits that she was the person who ruined her friendship with Phoebe. Helga always treated her like a slave, but Helga really loved Phoebe and when Phoebe really need Helga's help, Helga was always there for Phoebe. Maybe this is another of Helga's self deceptions?

The rest of the cast! Phoebe, Stinky - excuse me, Thopper, Nadine and Rhonda. I loved them all.

But the shock was here: Oh my God! You killed Arnold. I can't believe it! If there was something that could destroy Helga, this was. But Helga keep living. What other thing she could do?

And then, out of nowhere: Brainy! I think you have right the caracterization of Brainy just showing us a guy who doesn't scare about Helga attitude. That was the really good thing about Brainy. He never gave up. He always knew there was something great when she saw Helga. And he still knows.

Well, this was a very long review, but I wanted to show you that I'm truly moved by your work.

So, please, I beg you: update Punch Love II when you can. Please don't let this great writing incomplete. I love it. I will review your other fiction but, please, know that I think you're a great writer and, if you continue punch love, you will be with my other two favorite writers: Ntfnat and Krossfire.

Even if you feel that you need a break, I want to thank you for this fic.

Alberto / Number 6

PD: Please excuse my bad english.
Crystaltear CT chapter 13 . 7/12/2003
No! Dun leave it off there! ::cries:: Oh my gosh! PLEASE WRITE A SEQUAL!
TsundereProtagonist chapter 13 . 1/29/2003
Darn you... first you killed Arnold... and now this... this MONSTER of a cliffhanger. *cries* Why do you hate me?

LOL, just kidding, I love your story, and you can bet I'm gonna be the one of those people holding their breaths for the sequel, but seriously, you should've just written to be continued here and finish it when you're ready. It's like this story's incomplete or something, just leaving it this way.
Hairless-Wookie005 chapter 13 . 1/29/2003
:'( ! WHERE WAS THE BLEEPIN ROMANCE?

*falls to knees* I reall really really luv ur story! *snif*
ItokoMeilin05 chapter 13 . 1/28/2003
WWHHHHHHYYYYYYYY i cant stand this noo tell mmeeeeee! i nnneeeedddd sequel
Jennavette chapter 13 . 1/28/2003
Ingenius ending, actually.

If you *are* planning on writing a sequel...this was the perfect ending to do it with.

Overall, I've seen great improvement with your writing, from where you were first chapter to where you are now.

You've done a good job. I hope you do a sequel, but if you don't, it was still good.
you-don't-know chapter 1 . 1/27/2003
and i mean in a depressing way.

ps: no body kill me for expressing my opinion!
you-don't-know chapter 13 . 1/27/2003
wow, could you not have warned us? the story was really good but the last chapter, well, i wouldn't say it sucked, but well, it sucked.
The Wooden Star Wonder chapter 13 . 1/27/2003
I think that you gave the story the ending it deseved. I mean, good writers can write stories with interesting plots and end them "happily ever after", but I think it takes a great writer to be able to take her characters and not give them the fairy tale end.

That said, all I have left to say is sequel, sequel, sequel. *s* There better be one. I'll be waiting.
The Wooden Star Wonder chapter 12 . 1/27/2003
Truth is, any story that has Calculus bashing gets my immediate approval. (Grr, the scurge of my courses.) I'm very sad your story is coming to an end, but it'll be fun to see how you conclude it.
King Cheetah chapter 13 . 1/27/2003
Don't sweat it, this is the EMPIRE STRIKES BACK of Hey Arnold fic, and you've just given us all reason to come back for more. No matter what you THINK you plan on doing, you'll be back to this. You'll be fine for a while, working on other stories and whatnot, but after a while this will begin to gnaw at you and you'll be drawn back to it; I know, I'm going through that with a few of my stories.

To your readers that might be fretting over this, lemme offer a few words of hope. Harlow's a better writer than to just completely leave Helga hanging on a meathook, an conciously or unconciously put several goodies into PUNCH LOVE that she can go back on to redeam Helga. Your biggest clue is Brainy in the Garden. The fact that he is there at all is proof enough that he'd had some sort of future planned in regards to Helga, as he could have easily blown off the weeding job. But he didn't, and we've been shown repeatedly by Harlow, that Brainy is one of the few people in tune with what's going on in Helga's head as demonstrated by his uncanny reading of her up to this point. Disappointed to be sure, he made himself available to her none the less. Helga has no where to go but up, and he knows it... cunning, eh what?

This is the sort of mouth watering plot hook writers long for and if she's half the writer I know she is, I'll give her no longer than six months tops before she gets the itch to get back to it.

All I can say is job well done Harlow, and you can bet we'll all be there for your next writing project.

Your humble servant,

King Cheetah
Lucretia Boresya chapter 13 . 1/26/2003
aw, but thats so sad... how could you DO that? *screams*

ok, im over it! but please write the sequel sooon...

Lucretia Boresya chapter 12 . 1/26/2003
LOOL, PIE!

Lucretia Boresya chapter 11 . 1/26/2003
IGGY IS EVIL! i could tell by the bunny pajamas and the sun glasses... yep, hes evil... evil evil evil...

hehe, please continue soon or ill cry! and then ill scream, and then ill gut you like a fish! mwahahaha... *falls asleep, whaddya expect its 12:49AM*

Lucretia Boresya chapter 10 . 1/26/2003
lool, ooh la la, its so funny when people say that...

interesting... sid reminds me of someone...

so does brainy... i like sid and brainy too! ITS NOT FAIR! HELGA GETS EVERYTHING and ME? I GET... um... THE OPPOSITE OF EVERYTHING.. which is.. um... NOTHING! yea, thats it..

well, goojob...