Reviews for Monochrome
agirlwithgoodergrammar chapter 14 . 12/3/2017
Wow! Great ending! That was a really nice conclusion :) I really like how you tied their love of light novels and writing into their romance. Also, for the Kise/Kasamatsu story, I know you've already written it, but don't forget that Kasamatsu is, like, deathly afraid of girls. In one of the light novels (haha) apparently he hasn't had a conversation with one since the beginning of high school...so yeah. Although he might have gotten over his fear after that light novel story. Great work and hope you keep on writing!
agirlwithgoodergrammar chapter 7 . 12/3/2017
Aww...this chapter was so sweet! I love the character development between the two! Although there seems to be no romance right now...but that's okay, because not everything has to begin quickly. Maybe there could be a bit more depth, though...?
agirlwithgoodergrammar chapter 6 . 12/3/2017
Wow; a very tumultuous chapter! Hmm...I think that you wrote Mayuzumi's attitude about his being a copy perfectly! I love the part where he compares his shadow, as a mass of gray to Kuroko's shadow, which is cast by light, because it feels so true - even though I feel sad for him for feeling that way. I guess that's why the title is called Monochrome?

I think maybe you could have had more emphasis on the development of Rakuzan's team and how Akashi's change and their overall defeat impacted them. I mean, I think that Chihiro being the catalyst for Akashi's personality change is pretty important, and I do think that, although he didn't know the importance of those words when he said them, he recognized that some important change happened to Akashi in the last part of the game, because of his shocked face when Akashi switched personalities, and the fact that afterwards, he trusted him enough to throw that high pass to Nebuya after receiving the ball from Akashi.
agirlwithgoodergrammar chapter 5 . 12/3/2017
Ooh...very deep! I love the themes of individualism/independence vs dependence/teamwork. Wow, Mayuzumi's really warming up to Tsukiko, huh? Although I still feel like it's more of an older-brother way... Also, I have a question: why is the title called Monochrome?
agirlwithgoodergrammar chapter 3 . 12/3/2017
This is...hilarious! Can't wait to read on (even though I should really be doing my homework right now. Yeah, I'll do my homework first) :) Ooh, I wonder if there's going to be a session where the Tsukiko and Mayuzumi read together. That would be awesome!
agirlwithgoodergrammar chapter 1 . 12/3/2017
Ohmigod I would love an Akashi/OC because he's one of my favorite characters in the KnB universe. Very intriguing beginning - although, as we know, Mayuzumi hates to be disturbed while reading :) I can relate
Wikked chapter 2 . 3/20/2017
Honestly, this had me laughing aaaaall the way through. They are so hilarious and his thoughts along the ignoring part killed me :P
A. Alice-LaCasse chapter 14 . 12/7/2016
Such a wonderful little story. Well done. I can't wait to check out some of your other work!
GreenTeaAndPocky chapter 14 . 10/28/2016
I honestly love this story so much CHIKIKO FOR LYFE 3
Moving on from those feels (because I honestly couldn't gush enough about it) I love your characterization of Chihiro and their relationship is so well done and ugh I need moreeeee
DreamingInAnime24-7 chapter 14 . 6/30/2016
OMG i am so happy i found your story! Or did it find me? hmmm :P The last chapter definitely had me grinning from ear to ear. Thank you!
Sayonara Yasashii Akumu chapter 14 . 5/24/2016
This was so cute! Thanks so much for uploading.
Soaring Victory Star chapter 14 . 5/11/2016
Aw, I finished it :( But it was a very lovely story with a happy and satisfying conclusion. I do like that it was concluded in Tsukiko's POV, so we get a chance to experience her feeling with Mayuzumi and everything they've gone through up until this point. It was refreshing.

The loveable banter between Mayuzumi and Tsukiko had me giggling like crazy. The freshly blossomed romance between them feels very authentic. I'm glad they are doing so well together. And I totally feel Mayuzumi on being tired all the time with college; it really does take it out of you. Sleeping has become one of my favorite things because of it, hehe. I greatly enjoyed all of their dialogue (it was so cute), but I think my favorite part of it was when they started talking about Mayuzumi being Sleeping Beauty lol. I can so see and Prince Tsukiko charging in to save Sleeping Princess Chihiro on a gallant white stallion wielding a sword crazily :D

Also, I was delighted when the two began to verbally summarize their experiences together into a mini story, it was so sweet and very fitting, given their shared love of light novels. It perfectly captures their long journey of friendship and eventual romance, and with Tsukiko implying that she wants to marry him! Oh, I just about died from the epic feels there~

Outstanding figurative language you had there at the end, describing how they want their tale to be interminable and how they fill their pages with each other’s colors, the deep love they hold for one another. It was very beautiful and imaginative, and it made the closing of the story flow quite nicely.

Overall, a wonderful, engaging story with great quality writing and an enjoyable OC with character and depth; thank you so much for sharing your writing and ideals. I look forward to checking out your other stories sometime soon! Yup, you can't get rid of me that easily :P

S.V.S

P.S - Interesting that she chose to dye her hair pink, and in two shades no less. Was there a particular reason, or was it just Tsukiko's whim? (Very curious).
Soaring Victory Star chapter 13 . 5/11/2016
I'm ready to finish this little gem up today!

Once again, I must applaud you; as I've said to you, I actually have a bit of hard time writing out romance and the like, for whatever reasons :D I think I mainly just have difficulty transitioning characters from a platonic relationship (the dreaded friend-zone) into a romantic one.

You, however, did very well conveying that changing aspect between them in this chapter. Even though they're dating now, not much besides that has changed about them; they still retain their friendly and playful dynamic that was already established. Their dialogue with each other was amusing and sweet and held such genuine sincerity and care for each other.

Ah, also Mayuzumi is so adorable with Tsukiko. I loved when he opened up to her about his flaws and insecurities, displaying his comfortableness and trust in her, yet he can still be teasing with her as well. Really liked how he gets flustered when she asked him where he planned to attend college; of course he wants to stay by her side, hahaha.

And yay, they're both on a first name basis with each other! Indeed, Tsukiko is a lucky girl, landing herself such a good-looking nice (albeit snarky) guy. A major improvement over that Omura guy.

Oh yes, Japanese High Schools are definitely different than our U.S ones and you got the basics of it down from reading your A/N (trust me, did a lot of work on it). It requires a bit of online research to perfectly execute it. I think you did well in how you portrayed it in this story, as its not a major plot point.

Thoroughly enjoyed reading this chapter, and now, onto the last chapter I go! (Although, I have mixed feelings about this; I'm always a bit sad when things I like end)

S.V.S

P.S - I am so proud of Tsukiko swallowing her pride and seeking adult help on the issue of the bullies. That shows a lot of growth and maturity on her part. It also takes a lot of courage to do that as well. You go Tsukiko! Also, can't wait to see what color she chooses to dye her hair...silver would be a very appropriate color, all things considered ;D
Soaring Victory Star chapter 12 . 5/10/2016
YES! That was just so cute~ Ah, you don't realize how much I squealed internally when they kissed, and that Mayuzumi had made the first move too. Honestly was thinking it would be Tsukiko (as she seems more forward than him), but kudos to you. And Mayuzumi even said those special three words first, whooo~

I thoroughly enjoyed their entire conversation throughout this chapter, especially when Tsukiko encourages Mayuzumi to stop belittling himself and recognize that he too is worthy of being at her side and has a chance to shine (like silver as you wonderfully compared him too). Their enduring friendship and feelings for each other really was defined and very heartwarming because they've been through so much together. And so starts their newly discovered romance :P

Soaring Victory Star chapter 11 . 5/10/2016
First off, yay Akashi XP I always love how he cunning and subtle he is and you captured that quite well. His covert assistance to Mayuzumi, which extending to Tsukiko as well, was also very thoughtful of him; I can see doing that post Winter Cup for sure, back to his original self. And at last, those darn bullies are done. Very happy with that.

Second, I don't know how Tsukiko managed to even step into her old home after all that happened. But, I suppose she wants to face her demons and cope with her loss in her own way, on top of being independent. But it proved to lead to another adorable bonding moment. I can really sense the care and fondness they have for each other and gosh, I'm such a sucker for these two; they're so endearing :D And Mayuzumi is looking for a college in Tokyo, eh? No surprises there, hehehe. He's become so attached, I wonder when he'll realize what this attachment is signifying~

And lastly, ugh that jerk came back. You don't know how happy I was when Mayuzumi decked him in the kisser. Guys like him need it sometimes, seriously. Go badass Mayuzumi ;P defend your soon-to-be girl!

Thanks for yet another well-written chapter!

53 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »