Reviews for Monochrome
Wikked chapter 2 . 3/20
Honestly, this had me laughing aaaaall the way through. They are so hilarious and his thoughts along the ignoring part killed me :P
A. Alice-LaCasse chapter 14 . 12/7/2016
Such a wonderful little story. Well done. I can't wait to check out some of your other work!
GreenTeaAndPocky chapter 14 . 10/28/2016
I honestly love this story so much CHIKIKO FOR LYFE 3
Moving on from those feels (because I honestly couldn't gush enough about it) I love your characterization of Chihiro and their relationship is so well done and ugh I need moreeeee
DreamingInAnime24-7 chapter 14 . 6/30/2016
OMG i am so happy i found your story! Or did it find me? hmmm :P The last chapter definitely had me grinning from ear to ear. Thank you!
Sayonara Yasashii Akumu chapter 14 . 5/24/2016
This was so cute! Thanks so much for uploading.
Soaring Victory Star chapter 14 . 5/11/2016
Aw, I finished it :( But it was a very lovely story with a happy and satisfying conclusion. I do like that it was concluded in Tsukiko's POV, so we get a chance to experience her feeling with Mayuzumi and everything they've gone through up until this point. It was refreshing.

The loveable banter between Mayuzumi and Tsukiko had me giggling like crazy. The freshly blossomed romance between them feels very authentic. I'm glad they are doing so well together. And I totally feel Mayuzumi on being tired all the time with college; it really does take it out of you. Sleeping has become one of my favorite things because of it, hehe. I greatly enjoyed all of their dialogue (it was so cute), but I think my favorite part of it was when they started talking about Mayuzumi being Sleeping Beauty lol. I can so see and Prince Tsukiko charging in to save Sleeping Princess Chihiro on a gallant white stallion wielding a sword crazily :D

Also, I was delighted when the two began to verbally summarize their experiences together into a mini story, it was so sweet and very fitting, given their shared love of light novels. It perfectly captures their long journey of friendship and eventual romance, and with Tsukiko implying that she wants to marry him! Oh, I just about died from the epic feels there~

Outstanding figurative language you had there at the end, describing how they want their tale to be interminable and how they fill their pages with each other’s colors, the deep love they hold for one another. It was very beautiful and imaginative, and it made the closing of the story flow quite nicely.

Overall, a wonderful, engaging story with great quality writing and an enjoyable OC with character and depth; thank you so much for sharing your writing and ideals. I look forward to checking out your other stories sometime soon! Yup, you can't get rid of me that easily :P

S.V.S

P.S - Interesting that she chose to dye her hair pink, and in two shades no less. Was there a particular reason, or was it just Tsukiko's whim? (Very curious).
Soaring Victory Star chapter 13 . 5/11/2016
I'm ready to finish this little gem up today!

Once again, I must applaud you; as I've said to you, I actually have a bit of hard time writing out romance and the like, for whatever reasons :D I think I mainly just have difficulty transitioning characters from a platonic relationship (the dreaded friend-zone) into a romantic one.

You, however, did very well conveying that changing aspect between them in this chapter. Even though they're dating now, not much besides that has changed about them; they still retain their friendly and playful dynamic that was already established. Their dialogue with each other was amusing and sweet and held such genuine sincerity and care for each other.

Ah, also Mayuzumi is so adorable with Tsukiko. I loved when he opened up to her about his flaws and insecurities, displaying his comfortableness and trust in her, yet he can still be teasing with her as well. Really liked how he gets flustered when she asked him where he planned to attend college; of course he wants to stay by her side, hahaha.

And yay, they're both on a first name basis with each other! Indeed, Tsukiko is a lucky girl, landing herself such a good-looking nice (albeit snarky) guy. A major improvement over that Omura guy.

Oh yes, Japanese High Schools are definitely different than our U.S ones and you got the basics of it down from reading your A/N (trust me, did a lot of work on it). It requires a bit of online research to perfectly execute it. I think you did well in how you portrayed it in this story, as its not a major plot point.

Thoroughly enjoyed reading this chapter, and now, onto the last chapter I go! (Although, I have mixed feelings about this; I'm always a bit sad when things I like end)

S.V.S

P.S - I am so proud of Tsukiko swallowing her pride and seeking adult help on the issue of the bullies. That shows a lot of growth and maturity on her part. It also takes a lot of courage to do that as well. You go Tsukiko! Also, can't wait to see what color she chooses to dye her hair...silver would be a very appropriate color, all things considered ;D
Soaring Victory Star chapter 12 . 5/10/2016
YES! That was just so cute~ Ah, you don't realize how much I squealed internally when they kissed, and that Mayuzumi had made the first move too. Honestly was thinking it would be Tsukiko (as she seems more forward than him), but kudos to you. And Mayuzumi even said those special three words first, whooo~

I thoroughly enjoyed their entire conversation throughout this chapter, especially when Tsukiko encourages Mayuzumi to stop belittling himself and recognize that he too is worthy of being at her side and has a chance to shine (like silver as you wonderfully compared him too). Their enduring friendship and feelings for each other really was defined and very heartwarming because they've been through so much together. And so starts their newly discovered romance :P

Soaring Victory Star chapter 11 . 5/10/2016
First off, yay Akashi XP I always love how he cunning and subtle he is and you captured that quite well. His covert assistance to Mayuzumi, which extending to Tsukiko as well, was also very thoughtful of him; I can see doing that post Winter Cup for sure, back to his original self. And at last, those darn bullies are done. Very happy with that.

Second, I don't know how Tsukiko managed to even step into her old home after all that happened. But, I suppose she wants to face her demons and cope with her loss in her own way, on top of being independent. But it proved to lead to another adorable bonding moment. I can really sense the care and fondness they have for each other and gosh, I'm such a sucker for these two; they're so endearing :D And Mayuzumi is looking for a college in Tokyo, eh? No surprises there, hehehe. He's become so attached, I wonder when he'll realize what this attachment is signifying~

And lastly, ugh that jerk came back. You don't know how happy I was when Mayuzumi decked him in the kisser. Guys like him need it sometimes, seriously. Go badass Mayuzumi ;P defend your soon-to-be girl!

Thanks for yet another well-written chapter!

Soaring Victory Star chapter 10 . 5/10/2016
Hiya! I do think the Tsukiko's situation was handled very well; its definitely a realistic reaction. Many people respond to tragedy in several different ways, and avoiding those close to you is one of many. Poor Mayuzumi was left out of the loop without his best friend for a while though. I'm happy that they were reunited very quickly though.

I don't think the chapter was forward at all, actually. The two are quite close and its not like the two have any other friends; they only have each other to lean onto. It's kind of sad, but nice and sweet in a way :) So I can completely understand why he offered her. Their lovely friendship is definitely hitting its peak and beginning to progress and delve into something more intimate ;P

Oh and I liked that she dyed her hair that single stripe of purple at his suggestion. I don't know if I've overlooked it, but what exactly is Tsukiko's original hair color, just curious.

Great chapter as always!

Soaring Victory Star chapter 9 . 4/19/2016
Oh. My. Goodness. Poor Tsukiko! :'( I mean, I figured that would happen but, damn! That was different than I'd thought how it would happen. To find her beloved mother in that state, it's very traumatizing and impactful. Great job on the emotion and reactions too.

Again, reading this from Mayuzumi's POV is wonderful. I love how you portray his feelings and his response to the situation. It was on point and felt appropriate.

The only good/happy thing that happened was that he is finally being proactive and detering those blasted bullies from harassing Tsukiko! YES! I was waiting for that to happen for the longest time! :D

Going to read more while I can!

Soaring Victory Star chapter 8 . 4/19/2016
Hiya, it's been a good while again (OTL, forgive me). I wound up rereading where I left off to refresh my memory.

Anyway, on to my thoughts on this chapter; can I just first say that I love Tsukiko's new hair color? It's a interesting choice on her part to dye it to a color so lurid as red (cherry red, to be specific) since it stands out, but I digress; that is her probably objective :)

I love that Mayuzumi is opening up to her more and more and how you subtly portray his increasing fondness of Tsukiko. It's in the little things such as them sharing laughs together, their the casual conversations, confiding personal things with one another, and especially in his various reactions to her smiles and such. That he allowed her to cry on him and wished to comfort her speaks volumes of the heartfelt bond they share. It's really endearing.

Stupid bullies though. Why the hell are they still doing this to her? Ugh. I hope that issue gets resolved soon.

Also, I really like her mom. It's sad that she is so ill and possibly on the cusp of death...and though I'm a sucker for angst and tragedy (yup, I'm weird), it'd be awful for Tsukiko to lose her mother after seeing what a close-nit family they are, both striving to do their best for each other. And I'm glad she was able to speak to Mayuzumi and inform him of her trust and faith in him with her daughter (and even give him a bit of an eye-opener on his feelings for Tsukiko; nice one Mama Kiyabu! ;D).

This is a wonderful read and I look forward to continuing!

Guest chapter 14 . 4/13/2016
I REALLY DON'T GET WHY THIS FF HAS SO LITTLE FAVOURITES AND REVIEWS ?! ONE OF THE BEST OC FF I'VE READ! Looking forward to how you develop the plot for your new ff ;D
Guest chapter 14 . 4/10/2016
I AM VERY VERY HAPPY FOR THE BOTH OF THEM
thank u for this wonderful work, author-san :)
Guest chapter 13 . 4/10/2016
I AM SO JEALOUS OF THEM !
SENPAIIIIIIII, I LOVE U TOOOOOO!
PLS MARRY ME !