Reviews for Cinderjuice
waddiwasiwitch chapter 3 . 5/1/2016
Oh my gosh - been meaning to read this for a while now. Ha ha - I love it so far. It's been ages since I saw the show though. :) I really enjoyed theMarlon Brando reference!
Acidwing chapter 20 . 3/30/2016
Oh no, too cute! This is a great story, even if I can't recognise half the characters (it's been ages since I watched the cartoon), and this entire thing with Fairy Godfather was awesomely hilarious!
Vanessa Masters chapter 1 . 3/18/2016
Oh fabulous, I LOVED the cartoon!
BD-Z chapter 20 . 3/16/2016
You killed me. Seriously destroyed me. I've loved the series and paring since I was a kid and of course it never ever crossed my mind to look into the fandom.

Then one day, I just did and I found this little gem.

I reiterate, you killed me. This was fantastic. The plot was perfect, the jokes spot on and my goodness the character interactions.. I may faint from happiness. You definitely brought out my old love for this series and these characters. I may have to look you up on tumblr now.
Cyrus559 chapter 20 . 2/21/2016
Great story, I have not laughted that good for a while. I got a lot of funny images in my head while reading this. Perhaps you could try to expand Lydia's powers in your next story, if some of Beetlejuice's magic is rubbing off on her, it could provide a lot of fun in college.
Keep up the good work ; )
Epon Aruim chapter 20 . 2/10/2016
This was so much fun! A fantastic way to spend the afternoon. I really enjoy your writing, it's clear and concise but feeling and sweet. All the references were great (and since my brother is watching the cartoon in the living room just now, sometimes the episodes referenced came up right when he was watching that particular one) and I like how you wrote Beetlejuice a lot. Oftentimes I feel people try too hard to make him funny or don't know how to incorporate the visual humor of the show into writing, but the way you put everything worked out pretty well in my opinion! I also appreciate you not making Prince Vince a rival in love or an antagonist. Not that he can't work in those roles, but I feel like he never gets much opportunity to be much else. It's extremely satisfying to me to see how neatly your stories come together. I'm excited to read the sequel!
awishturnedwell chapter 20 . 2/6/2016
Awww, this story is so CUTE! I really love the Beej/Lyds ship, but I do rarely see anything new for it.

Not only is this absolutely adorable, but it was a lot of fun!

Thanks for writing it!
Megilien chapter 20 . 2/6/2016
This was such an entertaining read! The premise might not have been the most original but honestly, who cares about that considering the awesome execution [with all your clever little references, twists and turns etc] and, above all, the fact that you stayed faithful to the show's spirit and to the characters themselves.

One of the things that first stand out [and that is 5000% worthy of appreciation] is just how well you know the show; and not just the show, either : I've spotted at least 2 nods to the movie, too [''we've come for your daughter'' and the ''I'd only do it once'' line]. All your references to past episodes and such really help bring the world to life; help the reader settle in and all.

Of course, that's not even half the magic- the rest comes from the characters, the visual humour, the pop-culture references and the breaking-of-the-4th-wall thing; all of which you have covered. Aside from the obvious [''Cinderella'' ''The Godfather'' gold], some of my absolute fave examples of the last 2 categories included : ''Scamazon'', Tumblr/shipping culture actually being a plot *and* character-relevant thing [which was absolutely brilliant- I love the idea of Vince, Donny, the entire Neitherworld and more -...which. true : D I shipped Lyds/BJ before I even knew what shipping was, and I certainly wasn't the only one- rooting for these two. And let's be honest here, Vince *would* get thousands of notes for his posts. And he'd love the attention], .montage, ''well, that saves us a lot of exposition'' and so on.

Everyone was in character, and I actually enjoyed both Vince and Donny's pretty substantial screentime, so to speak. Of course, Lydia and Beetlejuice [and their relationship] were the main attraction, and you handled all that wonderfully. From the subtle, but very, very telling and effective [from an emotional perspective] little touches [eg- Beetlejuice looking for Percy in the Neitherworld after he died solely for Lyds' sake, since he never much liked that cat anyway, Lydia noticing even the tiniest changes in his tone, and, at the end, inviting him to go look for beetles since she knew how much he'd been craving it], to the most obvious and dramatic ones [Lydia refusing to go back home, Beetlejuice pulling the classic ''send her away for her own protection'' stunt, to his pure, destructive rage in the final chapters], you did a great job of portraying the partnership, compatibility and adoration-to-the-point-of-sacrifice that has pretty much always formed the basis of their relationship [ I could even call it the ''soulmate'' aspect, since that's why I was sold on it,lol] .

You respected that while building on it - I haven't seen this often in other fics, but I find it more than believable that Lydia would be aware of and understand the change in both her feelings and Beetlejuice's before they were acknowledged in some way, considering how self-aware and observant she is. So I'm grateful to you both for that, and for making Lydia realise the real reason why BJ'd sent her away, after the shock subsided.

Special kudos for two more lines:
''the most dangerous place in the Neitherworld is between you and Lydia'' [this was particularly memorable, tbh, not just because of how true it is]

and ''suddenly they were on more equal footing, and he saw himself as less of a protector and more of a...well, he didn't know the word exactly.'' because I believe it's a beautiful, simple [and the simplicity only adds to its beauty] way of expressing why so many of us are convinced their friendship would organically turn romantic once adult!Lydia entered the equation. It's not just bc at his core, BJ's a perv and would be affected by her physical transformations- they're so connected that he'd automatically change [more brownie points to you for emphasising this aspect] because she would. Because they would; to keep their own little bubble at the threshold of two worlds intact.

Honestly, I wish we'd gotten a bit more of them together-together, without the plot interrupting every 5 minutes, but I suppose that's the rule, isn't it? Always leave your audience wanting more : )

So thanks for sharing - I had a lot of fun reading this and am keeping my fingers crossed for the sequel! _ So glad to see the fandom still being so alive [ha] and talented- both the show and these two deserve it and more.

[...and sorry for rambling so much :)) ]
Tk chapter 20 . 2/5/2016
I really enjoyed this story I look forward too the sequel :)
Fluffyface chapter 20 . 2/5/2016
YAAAYYYYYY
Bookworm Gal chapter 20 . 2/5/2016
A beautiful and wonderful ending to a wonderful story. Thanks so much for writing it. I look forward to the sequel, regardless of how long it takes to work everything out.
Rassilon001 chapter 20 . 2/5/2016
Yeesh, no commercial breaks? This thing is going at breakneck speed. Makes you glad if you’re already dead.

Well, it’s a regular trip through the Netherworld with those two. Every place they’ve ever been, everyone they’ve ever upset or pissed off. At least they’re getting a chance for bonding and closeness thanks to their mutual heartbeatings. Very sweet. Becomes slightly bitter when the realization comes that’s probably why his juice is with Lydia. Oh dear oh dear. That is an entirely new can of worms. Kinda nice seeing Beetlejuice so protective though. Standing up to old foes was fun.

Figured where the new deal was going long before it was made, but even so, its nice to see the Godfather is a good sport about everything, despite some questionable tactics on his part. And wow, this is very much a Cinderella style ending, with the two of them united in death and life alike.

Although I must ask: What do you have against the Fourth Wall?! Why must you destroy it so?! Did the Fourth Wall kill your father or something?!
Bookworm Gal chapter 19 . 2/4/2016
So the Fairy Godfather's idea is sort of like an unbreakable engagement. They'd be connected and tangled up with each other forever. The wedding would just be a formality in the end. She hasn't agreed to it. But she didn't say "no" either.
Fluffyface chapter 18 . 2/4/2016