Reviews for Counting Down From 7-3-0
Rinso chapter 18 . 2/27/2016
Quentin Travers was... surprisingly cooperative. Of course, the Council KNOWS that Glory is not to be trifled with, so it makes complete sense to be on board with the only people who stand a chance at stopping her, but still - if I was in the shoes of Buffy, Faith and Giles I wouldn't trust him easily, dude is unreliable at best.

Dawn is taking the news hard which is no surprise, but it's good that she's got Buffy's unconditional support and love. I hope that if everyone keeps showing Dawn that they don't see her as a ball of otherworldly energy but rather as their friend/family, she won't do something rash that would endanger her needlessly. The Scoobies greatest strength is their bond, as long as they're all together and on the same page, they should be ok. Hopefully.
Taste like Special chapter 17 . 2/25/2016
Aww so adorable can't wait for the update
RAGAnne chapter 17 . 2/25/2016
I realize I'm not Buffy (by any stretch of the imagination) but if someone came at me with armfuls of bridal magazines mere minutes after I became engaged then I would be looking at the possibility of a disinvite spell for humans. :) It's nice to see them all so happy even if we know it has to be brief.
Rinso chapter 17 . 2/25/2016
This was... easier than I expected, but for the better. I suspected that Spike will go through more failed attempts before he can propose to Buffy :D

Everything seems wonderful, though all of them would do well not to forget Glory. But they deserve a little time of happiness, of course. Also, I hope that Joyce will be alright long-term. How will she react to having Spike for a son-in-law, though?

Keep up the good work!
Taste like Special chapter 16 . 2/23/2016
Can't wait for update! :)
RAGAnne chapter 16 . 2/23/2016
Sometimes I really can appreciate Anya's bluntness. She really does say what we're all thinking after hearing that Joyce made it through surgery. And Spike is definitely taking more precautions. Hopefully it works out.
Rinso chapter 15 . 2/22/2016
Tara is so cool, one of the characters that you can't help but like a lot. She has this amazing combination of gentleness and gumption which makes her truly unique among the Scoobies and a very valuable member of the group. I know we're still at AU!Season 5, but if we ever get to an AU!Season 6 I hope she'll be ok.

Spike & Faith teaming up to beat up bad guys should make for great violent fun... as long as those two don't run into Glory or something.

Also, poor Buffy and Dawn. I kinda hoped that Spike would have been able somehow to do something about Joyce's condition before it came to hospitals and stuff, but as Tara pointed out - only so much a man can do, even with the knowledge from the future. I just hope Joyce pulls through this time. Her daughters need her, as much as may not seem like it to her sometimes.

Keep the chapters coming, this is shaping up to be an awesome AU story.
Guest chapter 15 . 2/21/2016
Updat updat update
RAGAnne chapter 15 . 2/20/2016
We never really grow out of wanting to be able to blame someone or something when bad things happen. But yeah for Tara not allowing Spike to blame himself.
Taste like Special chapter 15 . 2/20/2016
Great chapter can't wait to see what happens
Taste like Special chapter 14 . 2/18/2016
Great chapter can't wait for update on Saturday
RAGAnne chapter 14 . 2/18/2016
Spike's a bit more honest this time around I'm sure. No "I've always been bad." But things continue to play out outside of their control. Sometimes knowing what will happen doesn't really help in figuring out how to change it.
Rinso chapter 14 . 2/18/2016
I get that you're not trying to repeat the show, but at this point Buffy and Spike's relationship is very different in your story than it was in the show, so I personally would have been interested in seeing how your Buffy would react to Spike's backstory. I know, you summed it up, but I feel like there wouldn't have been any harm in exposing it more.

Regardless, Buffy still has things to learn, but she seems like she's better off than she was in the show. I like that she still has that impulse to keep the people she cares about, like Dawn, at bay when it comes to her life as the Slayer; it's one of her weaknesses but it's realistic to keep it as a character trait - it's still a part of her personality and it makes sense that she won't get rid of it as easily as Spike would wish.

Overall, good chapter, and I'm glad that you want this story to not be a simple fix-it while still working towards a Spuffily Ever After.
RAGAnne chapter 13 . 2/16/2016
It's funny that Dawn was all about convincing Buffy that she has the skills to go patrolling and never once considers Joyce. Somehow I don't see her mother being all that thrilled even if Buffy was for it. :) And yet another moment occurs that Spike can't really anticipate or prevent. Hopefully the consequences aren't as angsty.
Rinso chapter 13 . 2/16/2016
Well, damn. She should be fine, but then again, probably better to avoid that altogether. Though in all honesty, this is something that is to be expected to slip from everyone's mind, even Spike's, considering they get in fights and sustain injuries very often, but heal up rather quick.

Dawn is such a child. I'll be honest, I haven't actually watched the show in ages, and I've mostly been reading fanfics whenever I'm in a "Buffy mood", so I can't really remember a ton of details of her characterization in Season 5, but yours rings true. She wants to be a part of the team, but because everything is being kept in secret around her, she doesn't realize just how dangerous Sunnydale is for her right now. I hope she won't do anything... I don't want to say stupid, that sounds mean in my head lol, but counterproductive and rash.

As usual, can't wait for more!
140 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 .. Last Next »