Reviews for The Road Not Taken
Nikaya chapter 1 . 7/8/2017
Love love love! This was so cute and well-written!
Wassernixe RoZa chapter 1 . 5/8/2017
Wow you did a magnificent job in building and describing their emotions.
Hollylu chapter 1 . 9/5/2016
CUTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEE
NijiBrush chapter 1 . 9/4/2016
Lovely job with this, I really enjoyed it! This was anything but boring or static, the emotions came through wonderfully! :D
Shinigami Miroku chapter 1 . 3/4/2016
I really enjoyed this fic. Sometimes we all need a reminder of what's important, and often these times open our eyes to blessings we never knew we had.

Also, Pokeshipping FTW! :D
Guest chapter 1 . 2/21/2016
Personally I applaude you for writing so much great content for Pokemon. And also, where has AAML DP been?
G-Matt chapter 1 . 2/17/2016
Your writing never fails to impress. Great job! :)
HEKQBEIWHRKEIC chapter 1 . 1/31/2016
So This Is Where Ash Gets Deep And Misty Gets Shocked? Yep, Yes You Did A Great Job. I Really Am Out Of Pokèmon But You Are The Only Reason I Am Not.
Hotspot the 626th chapter 1 . 1/23/2016
Nice, very nice
Farla chapter 1 . 1/21/2016
You wouldn't capitalize animal or mouse or dragon, so you shouldn't capitalize words like pokemon or pikachu or charizard. The only time you should capitalize it is if you're using it as the pokemon's name, ie, Ash's pikachu is called Pikachu. This is because you only capitalize when it's a proper noun, which are the names of places or things. Similar reasoning should be applied to any other words you're thinking of capitalizing, like telephone or trainer. Or professor.

[Oh, Misty and Brock tried to reason with him of course, they stated over and over again that even though the letter had said his mom had been hospitalized, Prof. Oak had made it a point to say - in all capital letters no less - that Delia was actually fine, and that she'd simply passed out because she overworked herself one day. Just a simple case of overexertion, she'd exhausted herself, it was no big deal. ]

Okay, so why did he even send the letter?

If Ash isn't in town, then it's impossible to deliver it to him. If Ash is in town, he can use the videophones at the pokemon center to talk face to face and Ash could then call his mother up rather than just having his quiet breakdown.

Which brings up the next point, why didn't Ash turn around and walk back to the pokecenter to call his mom?

If the point is just for him to stew in guilt because he thinks this is his fault rather than because he's especially worried, it'd make more sense for him to have contacted her, be reassured by her that it's okay, and then continue to feel terrible as he travels.

(Also, he should probably have a better reason for why it's her fault she's stressed than that he was a super annoying kid to raise when he was actually home, because from what he's actually saying it sounds like him being gone has made her life significantly less stressful.)

It's "okay", four letters.

Dialogue is written as "Hello," she said or "Hello!" she said, never "Hello." She said or "Hello." she said or "Hello," She said or "Hello" she said. The only exception to this is if the next sentence doesn't contain a speech verb, which is a verb describing how the dialogue is said. ("Speak" is not a speech verb.) In that case it's written as "Hello." She grinned, never "Hello," she grinned or "Hello," She grinned or "Hello." she grinned. Note that something isn't a speech verb just because it's a sound you make with your mouth, so generally stuff like laughed or giggled is in the second category. Furthermore, if you're breaking up two complete sentences it's "Hi," she said. "This is it." not "Hi," she said, "this is it." or "Hi," she said "this is it." And if you're breaking up a sentence in the middle, it's "Hi. This," she said, "is it." The same punctuation and capitalization rules apply to thoughts, except you don't use quotation marks or any other ones with thoughts.
The Keeper of Worlds chapter 1 . 1/21/2016
Very well written:)
JeremyX chapter 1 . 1/21/2016
Oh, this was just adorable! Sad at first, but wonderful to finish! This is a true testament to your skills at conveying Ash and Misty's emotions! Also, can't wait for AAML DP Chapter 71!
Isabella Royals chapter 1 . 1/20/2016
LOVED IT! Its amazing
Tropicallight chapter 1 . 1/20/2016
Awesome! You displayed very well all the emotions.
UCCMaster chapter 1 . 1/19/2016
You did an amazing job. I love moments where the protagonist really looks back on his or her life and really tried to determine who they are. It seemed so real, I could really see Misty comforting Ash and him hugging her back. Great job! Honestly I feel like you could either leave it like this as a beautiful one shot, or turn this into an emotional journey of growth and spiritual development for Ash in terms of his own emotional views, as opposed to a trainer's aspect.

I honestly would leave it as this, but if you feel like you could finish a full 10-20 chapter fic, go ahead.

Either way Great job and I applaud your work.

UCCMaster