Reviews for Something to Protect
KC chapter 2 . 5/14/2004
Hello! I've just finished reading your fic for about the tenth time, and it was WONDERFUL as the first nine! Hee, maybe I'm overdoing it here...But I love your portrayals of the Ryou/Honda/Yami Bakura trio! It's only the second fic I've read with the trio, and it ROCKS! I tend to view fics with the pairing as platnum - fics with these pairings are hard to find, but it's worth can't be questioned. Yours is no exception. Anyhoo, I immensely enjoyed the emotions displayed through the body language (the angry crunching of the cone, the pouncing of Yami Bakura on Honda - hee, I love it!) and the dialogue (what Malik said about immortals having relationships with mortals is quite interesting. That is indeed one of the downfalls of immortality - it's having to see loved ones leave you).
I enjoy reading every bit of this. Thank you for such fine work. I hope you get around to installing the next chapter! Please? :-D
- KC
Amarin Rose chapter 2 . 5/2/2004
If the next part is about halfway done, then why hasn't theis story been updated for about eight months? I'm dying for a new part, here. Please update soon?
Artemis Zephyr chapter 2 . 9/14/2003
As the saying goes you are all that and a side of fries, baby!

And some Doritos if you're into that sort of thing...

Most excellent, loved the characterization.

~Artemis Z.
SweetMisery1 chapter 2 . 8/10/2003
this was so kewl...i didn't read in ur bio that u were continuing it so it was a pleasent surprise that when i came home from camp there was another chapter

please put #3 up soon

rayemars chapter 2 . 8/4/2003
*squeals, dances, throws confetti, does every possible act of celebration one can do* It's part two!

*grin* I honestly love the way you write Ryou, do you know that? You make him so human, that it's like reading a story about a real person (who just somehow happens to be tangled up in a lot of magical things). Your idea of his personailty is unique, and that's why I'm always happy to see that you've written something new.

(*is shamelessly covering her ass for not reviewing as much as she should*)

The conversation between Malik and Ryou in the car-actually, the car itself, and, hell, everything about that scene-is unbelievably realistic. The conversation just flowed, and you caught both him and Malik's personalities so well.

Damn, I'm reduced to cliches for this review, but that still doesn't change the fact that it's all true.

There are questions I want answered here! Especially Ryou's comment! Update within a few months? *big smile* Pretty please?
Neko-chan -Silvered Tongue chapter 2 . 8/4/2003
*dances around and hugs ficu*

Still wanna know about Ryou sleeping around, though. XP
Artemis Zephyr chapter 1 . 4/19/2003
Oh my god! Yay! I particularly like the part where Yami Bakura and Honda have a stare down, but that’s just me. This is so awesome. You see what I miss when I’m gone? Gr… I believe you wrote Malik very well, and so help me God, if you bash yourself one more time I’m going to get you! That’s a promise!

Don’t undermine your writing. You’ll hurt its feelings.

~Artemis Z.
SweetMisery1 chapter 1 . 4/18/2003
SM:that was great

Yami:*pouty voice* I wasn't in it

SM:*hugs Yami*

Bakura/Ryou/Honda/Jou/Marik:WE ARE NOT GAY!

Yami:hm let me see i dunn no about Jou, Ryou, Honda but i KNOW that u two are as gay as they come

I think that was touching althogh i can't say that i agee with the pairings

your fan

Sweet Misery
Amarielle chapter 1 . 3/22/2003

You haven't fallen off the face of the planet!

Yay! I saw your name cuz you reviewed a story I just read, so I wandered over to your link because I wasn't sure if I'd read any of yer stuff before. I dunno. This one just caught my eye, so I decided to review...

Ok, here goes. I don't really like yaoi, (my dad left us for another man when I was five, so I have lots of hard feelings about that kind of thing) but you did this really well. I don't know why you haven't continued it. Maybe you just meant it to be a one-shot, and that's cool, too. In either case, very well written, and I understand your fanpic about the ice cream a lot better now. Hee hee.
torpedo chapter 1 . 2/7/2003

You get the characters mostly IC, while making it deeply psychological at the same time, and besides that, make it all cute and cuddly and make me envision the couple even if I don't support it.

In other words, GREAT JOB!

And yes, the caps lock was intentionally on. This fic is great!
Riana Mustang chapter 1 . 1/12/2003
Awww! This fic is really sweet. Please continue it, I want to see what happens next.
rayemars chapter 1 . 1/12/2003
If you blame me for making you write about Honda, you're going to give away my secret plan to make the whole YGO section appreciate the normal, mortal, non-duelist guy!

I giggled the whole time I read this. Well, not at the end, since that was cute, but until then. Especially since the whole 'ice cream' part reminded me of your fanart, and between Malik and Yami Bakura insulting each other and having an image of their faces in the picture, I was just amused. And this is a good thing, because it's so nice to read a story that makes me want to laugh and caper.

I believe you got them IC, and you're good at writing these characters so I don't think you need to worry. Honda's character was especially well-done. For example, one line of yours went: "Honda finished chewing his cone angrily." I could really *see* that. The best writers can create a visual with words, and you did that, and you did it with simplicity. It's amazing.

And I have to say, Final Fantasy 29 must be extremely entertaining if the woman behind the counter missed all THAT. *grin*