Reviews for Star Wars: A New Force Awakens
CG chapter 16 . 2/20
RIP Kanan Jarrus, aka. Caleb Dume (33 BBY - 1 BBY).
TheVampireStrahd chapter 16 . 2/20
Just found this story. So far I've been enjoying it a lot. Keep it up!
Revan Knight chapter 16 . 2/8
Looking forward to Mara Jade telling stories of the eu to Rey and this Luke.

Also, did you like the suggestions I had for plot ideas?
CG chapter 16 . 2/8
Now I'm hearing that the "Game of Thrones" show-runners are planning on writing their own Star Wars film series. It seems that everyone is trying get in their own input into the new canon of the Star Wars universe these days. But in all seriousness though, I'm interested to see what this film series is going to be about...
Please show Mara's reaction to Luke attempting to kill Ben!
If she were to see them, Mara would probably insultingly call the Elite Praetorian Guard by this name: "The Royal Guard Ripoffs." Also, I've read that the armor of the Elite Praetorian Guard keeps them in a constant state of pain...
ACSkywalker chapter 16 . 1/26
I personally loved that chapter. It was good set up for all to come. I can’t wait for your next update, though I suspect your update habits are similar to my own. Only able to do so when inspired to write. Anyway keep up the great work and may the Force be with you.
1. I suspect that Snoke did not consider taking young Rey in the flashbacks of this story because Ben's Force potential was far more developed that hers (thus deeming her insignificant at the time despite her being a Skywalker); this would've been considered a major oversight on his part and had he made the Knights of Ren capture her during that time, the galaxy would've probably taken a far darker turn...

2. Having already seen the movie, should we be expecting slightly more frequent updates from you...?

3. I think that Luke will overhear Mara's stories and will become envious of his other counterpart's success with the New Jedi Order for a whole boatload of reasons... If I were to make a comparison, the Legends version of Luke thinks outside the box while your story's Luke was being somewhat of a traditionalist despite not using all the Old Jedi Order's rules (considering he married his Mara)...
CG chapter 16 . 1/20
1. If one thinks about it, Poe probably made a good point about the Admiral being potentially targeted by the First Order (which would've been likely possible); hence the need for a distraction. I hope Kat will be able to make a strong supporting argument to Leia in Poe's defense for his actions... And who knows... maybe Kat will accidentally call Leia "Master Organa-Solo" again; causing Leia to remind the young girl that she is not a Jedi and Kat apologizing for saying that out of habit; given how amazing the Legends version of Leia was as a Jedi.

2. Given that it is known that Leia learned some basics of the Force from Luke (as his unofficial first apprentice) prior to his travels, I wonder if Kat would offer to help Leia further...? Also, assuming that Leia still hasn't gotten over the fact that Darth Vader was her father (hence there maybe some lingering grudge for his actions against her), maybe Kat could help her with that too...?

3. I wonder if anyone in the Resistance, including Holdo, would have trouble imagining that Leia would become a Jedi Master in another reality... I'd like to hear their thoughts or conversations with Leia about it...

4. Do you have some kind of storyline in mind for Han in this story after he wakes up from his coma...?

5. I know that Leia was told about Jacen, Jaina, and Anakin by Mara, but how would Leia would feel about the loss of Chewbacca in the other reality...?
1. I wonder what kind of lightsaber design that Rey is going to aim for (assuming it will different from that of her parents) and what form of lightsaber combat she'd most likely would excel in during her training...?

2. Considering that Snoke is mentioned on the internet to be far more powerful than Darth Sidious or Darth Vader (probably if even if he had been able to use the Dark Side to its full potential had his limbs not been cut off by Obi-Wan) because he is on the darker edge of the Force compared to them, I wonder if Mara would describe Snoke's presence as being so deep in the dark side that he would be like an elusive shadow that can't be found even if the light shined in darkness if they ever meet face-to-face...?
Azaval chapter 16 . 1/18
Great story :) Looking forward to reading the next chapter!
ForsakenMythr2012 chapter 16 . 1/14
Good with her own head canons ideas with some elements from TLJ if they influenced you. I think the most popular theory for Snoke was him being Darth Plagues bringing the Sage to full circle of youcwanna play with this idea. Honestly Kylo should die it'd be refreshing to see a character die unredeemed at least Leia and Han will have one another since you kept Han alive. Can't wait to see Rey and Mara train and hopefully bond.
Valtiel chapter 16 . 1/12
I just found your story today and finished it and while i was reading your notes i was thinking "oh boy, can't wait till you get to ch. 16 after seeing TLJ" you should have saw me grinning at your displeasure of that slap to us fans that was called a movie, damn Kennedy to the void, the nine Corellian hells and to Abeloth's jaws haha, you're actually doing a bettet job than that blasted "director" called Johnson, i too wanted to like Rey, but she is un fact a product of the damn SJW agenda, that's not how you write a true strong female lead, that's just a disgusting MaReysue, a shame really. Keep up the good work, make Rey's lightsaber a double-bladed, pretty please :3

P.S. Nice scene with the Porgs and Mara mirroring what we saw in TLJ, damn those marketing winged pests, in my wildest dreams i never taught i would despise something more than an Ewok, Kennedy showed me the error of my thinking.
korrd chapter 16 . 1/13
Great so far. I am really enjoying how Mara is shaking this all up. Now as for TLJ, disappointed doesn't even begin to describe how much that movie let me down. And this isn't just because I prefer the EU, but because the move itself took plot points established in TFA and made them pointless, heck it basically made TFA pointless.

Let's go through them one by one. Why is the Resistance so weak? They just scored the equivalent of the destruction of the first Death Star and should have had the support of the rest of the galaxy. Instead from what I saw they had three ships and that was it. Who is Vice Admiral Holdo? We got one throw away line about her and suddenly we're supposed to trust her. Who was Snoke? He died before any of his backstory was established and based on how he dressed he could have been the Sith equivalent of Hugh Heffner. Why did they make a big deal about Rey's parentage in TFA only to make her the daughter of no one important in TLJ? Pointless plot point went nowhere. Why did they go from Y-Wing bombers to the equivalent of WWII bombers, but somehow even slower and less maneuverable? They served no purpose other than being giant targets. Why did Rose think releasing the animals was a good thing at the casino? They were in an isolated area, those animals would be recaptured, the child workers would be punished, so her whole effort of showing capitalism as being evil would result in the very people she's fighting for being punished for her selfish actions.

There are a lot more problems with the movie. Such as how is Kylo going to keep the First Order together, seeing as how he has only managed relative small forces rather than galaxy spanning organizations before. And how was Yoda able to lightning strike the tree, as ghosts have never been able to do that before and its honestly a pretty cheap power to give dead people, kinda cheapens the entire story when the dead Jedi can just step in and lightning strike the resolution they want. And more beside.

Please try to remember what Rian Johnson apparently never bothered to think about, the Republic is supposed to be a galaxy spanning government. It should have had a lot more military assets than those around those planets that got blown up so it should be able to fight effectively against the First Order. Keep it up.
kalani.gapido chapter 16 . 1/13
This Chapter is already better than Last Jedi... Thank god for Fan Fiction...