Reviews for Promise of a Rose
yohkohino chapter 1 . 7/22/2004
that was great. i like george too because he is so calm and collected. i can tell it's gonna be great seeing both of them fight, i just wonder whats going to happen if they fall in luv and the princess sees them..ooh. keep on writing. i liked this chapter.
Prankster Princess chapter 22 . 5/5/2004
OH I do love the dyes...but I suggest doing something a bit different! but I still love it
Oddly Inspired chapter 22 . 12/31/2003
SAD! SO SAD!
Don't end it! Me want more!
(don't take this seriously...)You're horrible, evil! You can't end it, this is my all-time favorite story...NO!
I'm crying...the pain of losing the story!
Here's an idea, write an *Epilouge*! I'll help...
shorty40 chapter 22 . 12/28/2003
HEy! i haven't seen this fic in a while! i still love renee's antics though! poor goerge...(actually, it's something i would prolly do if the opportunity arose...) _~ anyways, try to update sooner, i still like this story, although it needs a thicker plot! Still, it rocks! ttfn
-crystal
darkfox chapter 22 . 12/28/2003
its like unfinished.
Shadow Fox2 chapter 22 . 12/25/2003
Very nice, very well written.
The Third Biker Scholar chapter 22 . 12/24/2003
its so great to hear from you again! i'm trying to write more of my story too.
i can't wait to read more of your awesome and kick ass work!
what's her name chapter 19 . 10/18/2003
whew, didn't realize i was gping for so long.

To finish up here...i am sorry if i offended any of you by what i said earlier. I meant all of what i said, but don't let that give you the illusion that i dislike the authors or their writing. On the contrary, i hold them and their works in the highest esteem, or would not have taken the time to review. I am a loyal fan, and have enjoyed every story by them. I especially favored "Promise of a Rose". I look forward to seeing a novel by these two winning a Newbery award someday.

*Put on her immature voice and pouts* I can spell DUM anyway i want!
what's her name chapter 18 . 10/18/2003
I respect ur opinion, whatever ur name is. But there are a few things i would like to defend myself upon.

"..a well rounded critique is often the most rewarding tool for the writer." I believe that my job as a reviewer is to give the writer my honest opinion. If I just give them the sugar-coated fluffy stuff, their writing would not improve. Being corrected, or told that at the moment their writing isn't the best, is better for the writer than telling them that they are perfect, because as you stated, no one is. I for one could cover my bedroon wall with rejections from people telling me i need to approve, that i'm not good enough. Yet a funny thing happens whenever that happens...I get better. I strive to be good enough to reach their standards, and then i am better than i ever was. My intent was not to put the writers down, but to make them realize that their writing talents have outgrown fanfiction. I am sorry if i did not make that clear.

Second, i said the story LOST it's magic. No one wants to know what happens in Happily ever after. It's just not the same. For me, the story should've ended when George and Renee slept together the first time. It has nothing to do with the writers and their talent at writing, but the fact that the story was so endless and precious that it was meant to go on forever, away from time, and to try to catch that on paper would simply destroy it. Or as a great american writer, Mark Twain once put it: "SO endeth this chronicle. It being strictly a history of a BOY, it must stop here; the story could not go much further without becoming the history of a MAN"
Just take a wild guess Dani-chan chapter 21 . 8/3/2003
Ugh.. k, I read some of the reviews here and I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion but there is something bothering me here.

1) Now, for starters, writers are free to alter characters to their liking as long as they remain believable (i.e. my review to "Sweet snow" -and this is a remark to those reviewers, not to you, dear writers-) and as long as the writer him or herself likes it that way, and considers it needed for the story. If they -the readers/reviewers- can't live with that: get bent and find yourself a life!

2) As you might have noticed by the above, I don't think these two writers deserved to be treated the way they were by some people on the net. I for one KNOW that they are trying to get things back on track (in case you wonder how, some people keep normal contact as well instead of flaming) but it's not as simple as it looks e.g. look at chapter 21 where they decide to rewrite and reorganise the whole story.

3) Despite everything readers should be patient with writers since almost everyone here are beginners so to speak, or at least not professionals. They make mistakes, how surprising is that and certainly when several people write on one story it's hard to get things the way you'd like them 'cause you have to keep several opinions in mind.

So, yay, please give these two a break and let them get this story back on track where THEY want it, not where YOU all want it. I for one agree that the plot was slowly dissolving, but that does not mean you need to tear them down. As for the revieweR who thinks it's needed to flame everything about the story but spells everything the wrong way, go to school and stop wasting your time giving your opinion to people who don't want it. Ignorant people piss me off, that's all... forgive me this one. *grumbles at what's-her-name* Dumb without the 'b', for Pete's sake!

Ok, and now to you two.. well, I think I made myself clear, ne? _ This story has magic, dears, I suggest you just try to renew a bit of it and this advise is no longer needed 'cause that's what you're doing already *smiles* so I just hope that you'll be able to get it back on track soon. Me and all the others will be waiting 'cause despite what those few flamers say there are still lots of readers who want this to go on. G'luck!
Jamie chapter 21 . 7/26/2003
To whomever sent the review noted in the authors note, I have to totally disagree. Promise of a Rose is one of the most beautiful stories I have ever read, and being that George is one of my favorite characters, I can say that his fans and all of those who don't like the princess, really need this story being that for once he is actually intimate with someone, and can't be accused of child molesting, thank you!
Scarlet Rose chapter 21 . 7/22/2003
For one, at first I really liked the begging! THAT'S when the story had it's spark,magic whatever you may call it. So basicly, you were writing for the sake of writing. Just to please your happy blinded by story reviewers. And I can't imagine George with someone like Renee, me, I'm an original couple beliver! But the idea of Chib./Allenby is a good one, or Rain/George! But Me likes G/ML the best! ::waves a 'GML 4EVR flag/banner':: Me agrees with Spork Goddess! I would've kicked Renee's little slutty ass too! Who's she to tell Maria that? And why did Maria take it so lightly? That still confuses me at times. But I really didn't like the middle chapters...1) to limey! 2) OOC George ( for me, and my opinion only! others can share though ...) 3) I don't think George would do THAT! He's TOO proper! ( For his own good, me-thinks!) But your begging chapters were wonderfull, plain good fun!

-Scarlet Rose _~

Peace out~
darkflashfox chapter 21 . 6/25/2003
you idoits... i spent half a day reading this all over again just to find you end in on chapter 20! Plz Continue
Eikou chapter 21 . 6/21/2003
(fiddles with chopsticks) (clacks them impatiently) We're still hungry out here, awaiting another round. (holds out the empty ramen bowl) Another serving of PR, please!
XBM903 chapter 21 . 6/19/2003
I have to say I enjoyed this story very much, but I will have to agree with whoever wrote that the story has lost some of it's magic. Some of the chapters were just completely off genre, but still make a good impact on how the story went. But please keep writing! None of us our perfect, but if we try we're as close to perfect as you're going to get...'