Reviews for Promise of a Rose
the critic chapter 1 . 4/28/2003
she's definitly an american!i'm laughing my ass off over here! this story's great!
Luna chapter 17 . 4/27/2003
My dear god u are good! U aren't human aren't u, no human writes this good! (sigh) I love ur story so much. Anyways please post another chapter soon! I am gonna loose sleep thinking about what happens after Marie Louis catched Renee and George kissin! I have a feeling It'll be good!
Aurora Hecate chapter 16 . 4/27/2003
I for one love the story and am surprised that you don't have over one hundred reviews. Keep up the great work and I can't wait to see what happens.
Shadow Fox2 chapter 17 . 4/27/2003
Another great chapter! Can't wait for more!
SporkGoddess not logged in chapter 17 . 4/26/2003
I have mixed feelings about this fic. It's one of the better Mary Sues out there, but there are still things that irk me.

For one, I can see that it's in Renee's character to call Maria Louise a bitch, but considering that she's done nothing to evoke such hatred for the princess other than a childish "She wants my George!" it makes me like the character a LOT less.

Also, her insulting classical music and then playing pop irritates me (because I hate pop music and can identify more with George, who IMO should have been more insistant because it's in his character to do so). I also dislike that Renee can't even tolerate one classical song, and it's horrible that she seems to totally dominate his opinions, because she should at least respect his taste in music instead of forcing him to listen to hers while insulting his all the while.

Also, I don't know if both of them would know (much less be able to fully sing) a song that would have been from a long time ago-remember this is the FC timeline; especially George knowing it because he is French and Disney is more of an American pop culture thing.

By the way, George has a lovely singing voice-he sings Melancholy of a Rose, his image song.

Anyway, like I said, this is one of the better Mary Sues. I don't know if I'm just being harsh because I don't like Renee's personality or what, but keep in mind that you want the readers to like her to some extent. At least, please stop having her insult Maria Louise, maybe even come to sympathize with her, because villainizing a character that does not deserve it is the dark mark of a Mary Sue.
OniTenshi13 chapter 17 . 4/26/2003
this story is really i cant wait to see what will happen next.
PSYCHO-CHIBI chapter 15 . 4/25/2003
While I like the story oh so very much...I would like to proclaim George and Kyoji are mine! ::very evil glare:: Because unlike Renee, I am the Devil's right hand helper, and I was set out to help those boys get a life. ;P
Eiko chapter 16 . 4/24/2003
Spiffy! Keep writing it! At first I was worried; not many fic with original characters work out too well (But Rurouni's Guide to Idiocy did defy that 'law') and this turned out nicely! Not too author-based, so it isn't self-insertion! I like it!
Red chapter 16 . 4/22/2003
Yo thanks for giving me the title. Also the story is going along great at least in my opinion it is. Can't wait for the next chap.
darkflashfox chapter 16 . 4/22/2003
continue
The Third Biker Scholar chapter 16 . 4/21/2003
of course i want to help, and i'm puttin gin my bid. poor renee, what will her uncle say? did he know in advance? what will george say to him? or renee?

please post again soon!
Katherine.aka.Kat chapter 16 . 4/21/2003
Yay, I decided to check up on this one as well _ good work, and I still feel a tad bit sorry for George who's .. well, an soft egg in here. Most of the time. Love is love, I guess, but the new turn here is a good one. Makes Renee open up for real. I like. Good job!
Rini Romanov chapter 16 . 4/20/2003
WOW! Please don't stop!
ValleyKnown chapter 16 . 4/19/2003
OMG! SO ROMANTIC!*gasp* *choke* *cry* *sob* Yeah, that 'swear on my honor as a knight' did kinda ruin it, but, POOR RENEE! OH! But, George was written wonderfully in this chap!(as he is in every chapter,of course) So romantic! I have now officially had my gotta-have daily gushy-cry moment. (in case y'all haven't noticed yet I go wAcKO for romantic fluff) :D Keep it up! CAN'T WAIT TILL NEXT CHAPTER! MUST HAVE NEXT CHAPTER!
Bahamon chapter 15 . 4/19/2003
Great stuff; update soon!
143 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »