Reviews for The Bet
Bellanu421 chapter 1 . 11/14
I just loved reading it! Its such a delicious story! though I cant find the epilogue enywhere, but the story is wow! really!
ShadedPhoenix chapter 56 . 11/10
this is so wonderful...! I am crying because this is over...good work
sweetmadalice chapter 1 . 10/17
Hello! I've been trying to find a good well written fic FOR MONTHS and I believe I just found one
For what I see now, you've created strong characters and just like what I believe Lily and James are
Marlene and Mary are my favorites too, when they do appear in the stories...
Excited to see how Sirius is in here!
And loved the plot!
Miggie chapter 56 . 8/31
Thanks for an unforgettable story. It was masterful and so well written I am in awe! I loved it all. Thanks so much!
kapryor42 chapter 21 . 8/9
Just wanted to let you know I'm thoroughly enjoying your story! Have come back three nights in a row to keep reading, and the end of this chapter in particular was excellent- and not just because of the almost kiss- I loved the last two lines in particular, spectacular writing!
Mwac chapter 56 . 7/23
I cannot believe this is done. I spent literally all of my free time dedicated to reading this story... and now I'm not sure what to do with myself. I haven't gone to your page yet, but I'm hoping when I do, I find some more Jily love.

This was encapturing, addicting, and absolutely wonderful. Thank you for such an amazing story, written absolutely like a dream!
I just love them so muuuuuch!
Bookshelflover394 chapter 56 . 7/12
oh my gosh, I do NOT cry but I am sitting here teary-eyed reading this! This story was so amazing and fit so much into a short time period but still made it canon in a way that makes me super appreciative but also sad because I knew their lives were headed for tragedy /3
The little moments when Peter would seem slighted, or when he shook effing Nott's hand KILLED me because I knew that was the lead up to that Halloween...
The epilogue killed me, this was (IMO) the greatest end to the story even if my heart broke while reading it. I want SO badly for the potters to have a happy ending, living a hundred years longer than they got - that the happiness they got while together was amazing, but it should have been amazing for SO many years more.
Damn it this heart has hit me in the feels in so many ways, and I ask for all happy moment epilogues, none focusing on war or betrayal, but the happy times they find beyond that :)
AHEM okay, enough sappy review! I now just wanna say that this was beautifully written with a very realistic/believable plot line despite the short time frame of the story. Also, I loved the chemistry between L/J. When they would be with each other, you could just FEEL the sexual tension rolling off of them sometimes. Also, DAMN you can write some amazing smut - it all worked with the story and the characters but was still able to make you re-read some portions because you lose focus on the plot ;).
Overall lovely story and cant wait to see more from you!
Loves 3
Bookshelflover394 chapter 1 . 7/9
Ohhh very excited! I love how you did the "what to expect" at the beginning. I HATE getting through a few chapters only to discover the story wasn't what I thought it would be. I also just got off a SUPER angsty war-era HP ff, so I'm in need of something light-hearted and cute!
So happy I found this!
-Loves 3
P.S. I'm getting my wisdom teeth out in the morning, so if my reviews become gibberish in the next reviews, I blame the pain meds :P
Mwac chapter 1 . 7/7
Ooooh I'm in this deep now. Looking forward to this story.
This chapter was so good and I don't know how you could second guess your writing. A for story arc and character development.
KateMariePatterson chapter 56 . 7/6
Just finished reading. Congratulations on writing something this massive and thank you for sharing it with us. I loved every moment of it.
awkwardosu chapter 9 . 6/29
Wow, this is probably the best party scene i've ever read in fanfiction. Usually it's awkward and rushed, but you genuinely painted a very vivid picture of something that could actually happen at a teenage party.
Sarahe6 chapter 56 . 6/21
Just read this all again after going through a stressful time- you've kept me sane with this masterpiece. I hope you are well! See you for the next one! xx Sarah
Wynnah chapter 56 . 6/20
Hi. First sorry for my bad English, although I can read, writing is still a little above my capacity.

I'm so happy to find this fic, I read 90% of Jilly's Fics with over 100k words in Fanfiction (I do not like short stories) so it's very hard to find a good new story but I'm very happy to have read yours. Write More! ]