Reviews for The Bet
annied21 chapter 56 . 5/21
I loved the entire story so much, I followed you with every update and it made my day evey week. I'm not the greatest reviewer but just wanted to let you know that you that you are an awesome writer and I love all of your stories. Looking forward to your next works, I will definitely try to review more often!
Kathy T chapter 56 . 5/18
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH EVERYTHiNG ABOUT THIS WAS BEAUTIFUL. cryyyyyy I'm so sad it's over! Honestly, this was SUCH a great read! I feel so bad for not stopping to review each and every chapter but selfish me was far too engrossed in your writing to stop XD your story was incredible!
Thanks so much for taking your time and writing and sharing this wonderful story with the world!
MUCH LOVE AND APPRECIATION
CupCakeyyy chapter 56 . 4/22
I absolutely loved this story! It was perfection. I would really love to read a sequel! Please write about their time after Hogwarts! Please!
capuza chapter 34 . 4/5
omggggggggggg thats so beautifulllll
Elle chapter 56 . 4/4
Hello,
I loved this fic. The character development, the different POV's, the side stories that were still present but didn't take over the entire story. Most of I appreciate the way you write, it solid. Complete sentences, complete thoughts, enough dialogue that it doesn't get boring but enough discription that you can see the scene. Typo's don't bother me in fan fiction but blatantly bad writing does and this fic was such a nice reprieve from everything else I've come across lately. James and Lily are my two favorite characters in the Potter universe and I loved the way you brought them to life, still having major flaws, but not silly ones or ones that are taken at face value from cannon was so refreshing. You're an excellent writer and I truly enjoy your work. Thank you for being brace enough to post, and inspired enough to complete this story. I hope you continue writing and I hope others draw inspiration from your style. Thank you again for the wonderful story!
Caitlin chapter 56 . 3/27
I enjoyed this quite a bit. There was times in every chapter where I'd skip whole paragraphs because it was getting a little too detailed and drawn out; however, your writing is so great that it kept me coming back for more. Even with a daunting 56 chapters. This last chapter was especially beautiful. It was both heartbreaking and hopeful.

I also appreciate this story because it has an honest depiction of Sirius' relationship with his brother, Lily and Snape, and the depth of Peter beyond a sniveling side kick. All three of those things are frequently ignored in Jily stories. It felt unbelievably canon to me in that regard. Romantic, sexy, funny, and real. Good work!

I forgot my password but I think my account name is italianvampiremafia if you reply!
anon chapter 4 . 3/25
When you said 'Can we get down to business' I nearly flipped my computer due to the fact that it resembles SO BLOODY CLOSELY to

LETS GET DOWN TO BUSSSSINESSSS

TO DEFEAT

THE HUNS

so naturally I took a break to watch the clip from Mulan and then continued reading.
Sweetness chapter 56 . 3/24
Just wanted to let you know this is by far one of the best stories I've read, fanfiction or not. The characters are mostly entertaining, real, and not cookie cutter. I really hope you continue writing and come out with more James Potter fan fiction. Him and the marauders are the only ones that really entertain me because there are so many more liberties the writer can take to make the characters your own.
Your version of James and Lily is one of the best I've read to date, and that has been over quite a long time! Thanks for writing this story, having very quick updates, and entertaining me over these past months!

-Sweetness
Queen of Duct Tape chapter 28 . 3/23
Hello!

Just checking in/wanted to let you know I'm enjoying your story since I'm halfway through and haven't left a note! I really enjoy how this goes into so much detail every single day. The only thing that keeps throwing me off is I keep thinking things are progressing slowly and then I remember that's it's actually only been a few hours in the characters' lives and I'm just being impatient. :)

~QDT
sapphiregirl1020 chapter 56 . 3/17
I read this in two days, unable to put it down and- WOW. Definitely the most underrated James/Lily fic but at the same time so beautifully written. I love how realistic this was and there were times I laughed and weeped and cried. What a masterpiece xx
dancingonstars chapter 56 . 3/12
I absolutely loved this! I always love a good Jily sorry with plenty of laughs and angst and this had tons. There were moments I really did lol. I loved your James. I'm a little sad we didn't get to see Lily find out about them being animagus. But either way an amazing story that really kept me hanging and had my staying up way too late to finish one more chapter.
katelynm15 chapter 56 . 3/11
Wow. I was completely enthralled by this story, and I am so sad that it is over. I was really hoping you were planning to carry it all the way through their 7th year at least, so when you said the end of the bet was just it... I'm so sad!
Aside from that, this was a very lovely story. Your characters were so relatable- I loved to hate Shelia, Snape and Nott. And thank you for not making Lily completely perfect like a lot of other authors. She had depth, she struggled with Transfiguration and her sense of self.. Love it. I will be following you to see what's next!
SmushedRubber chapter 56 . 3/8
Wow. That pretty much sums up my feelings after having my last 4 days completely consumed my your story. What stood out to me was the way you insightfully portrayed interactions and relationships between 17 year olds. Each character was realistically flawed and relatable and their development is what kept me so enthralled.
Bologna121 chapter 56 . 3/7
simply...spectacular. Well done. From the characters to the plot, you truly made a realistic and HIGHLY enjoyable Marauders era fic.
Lillyliz chapter 56 . 3/7
That was an amazing way to end an amazing story. I've been reading this story for a while now and I just wanted to let you know how much I loved it. Getting a notification that there was a new chapter always made my day. You're an amazing writter. Thank you so much for this story