Reviews for Two Candles COMPLETED
aja aron chapter 1 . 7/27/2013
Very enjoyable storytelling. Nice interpretations, and great use of character voice.
5SecstoThrowItFB chapter 1 . 5/30/2013
Wonderfully done, perfectly characterized, and the deepness and humor is well balanced, plus that last line!
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 4/27/2013
Great one.
Desertfyre chapter 1 . 1/15/2010
Aw, that was so beautiful! I loved the Candle fable. It really read like old times with a moral of the story an everything. I loved it!

Lovely story, a great read.

Though it would be cool to see a sequel of when the entire fellowship meets in the next life. *hint, hint* I'd loved that. D
Blame the Cupcake chapter 1 . 4/12/2006
that was awsome! the two candles, that was amazing. you should be proud!
waikan chapter 1 . 3/15/2006
do you own the story of the two candles? (Not pertaining to fanfiction). I have never heard it before, but i really like it. It is a wise tale... one to be remembered...
crystal-rose15 chapter 1 . 7/31/2004
Oh my. This story was so wonderful and heart-warming, especially for those of us who cried at how the appendices ended the Fellowsip. Beautifully written and a great point was made.
Hobbit wannabe chapter 1 . 7/14/2004
Really beautiful story. If you made the candle story up, wow. If not, still wow because it works so perfectly the way you used it. The dialogue sounds very natural also. Keep writing, I'll definitely read it!
boromir chapter 1 . 4/5/2004
I love this story. What you say rings true for us as well! I can't wait to see everyone that I loved! Are you a christian by the way? I am.
Amanda chapter 1 . 5/14/2003
Beautiful! Your writing is wonderful, i loved the story, ver creative!
Ainaechoiriel chapter 1 . 2/11/2003
Very nice. The story of the candles was perfect. And Gandalf was the rigth one to tell it. Your characterizations were great.
mikage chapter 1 . 2/7/2003
this story is great and I like the fact that Legolas finally realise that death is not the end for the friendship between him and Aragorn. I always find it quite sad that the elves should sail to Valinor whereas Men must die and go forth to Mandos. I've just started reading the Book of Lost Tales by Tolkien and I think it is stated that death is not the end but at the Great End of the world, men and elves shall come together before the throne of Illuvatar and sing a new melody together, even better than that of the old. That gives me hope that the two races are not separated forever.
OB chapter 1 . 1/18/2003
I don't read much LOTR fan fiction; most is out of character and totally improbable so that it only convinces me to stay away all the more. But this story was recommended to me by a friend whom I trust, and... You've done a superb job. The Elf's motivations & characterisation is dead on target (no pun intended), while Gimli's love for him and protectiveness of him is evident. Your descriptions are vivid, pulling the reader right into the story. Gandalf's entrance is magical, his message long overdue. Thank you for sharing, and letting me see Legolas from your lovely, painstaking, caring point of view. Take care & be well & write more!
Stacee Phelps chapter 1 . 1/17/2003
I love this story! It's so sad that Aragorn is dead, but I love the story you've spun about the two candles. It's things like this that really make you sad, because you think, "What if that happened to me and my best friend? Would we be separated forever?" So, this story is one of the best I've ever read. Good job, and keep writing!
Vicky chapter 1 . 1/13/2003
This is a beautifully written story. I find no fault in you're knowledge, but then again I am not an expert myself on Arda! The way you write is breath-taking. This story has given me a new perspective on the whole "the Grey Havens are only for elves" thing. Thank you thank you thank you for this wonderful piece of writing!