Reviews for The Waistcoat
jeanster chapter 1 . 4/6/2003
LOL! What a great trick to play on one's younger relatives! I've never heard of that one! You get points for originality. Another enjoyable tale.
Lady Brandybuck of the Shire chapter 1 . 1/23/2003
THE WAISTCOAT! I can't BELEIVE THIS! I didn't know others besides myself and my cuuzie were fascinated by the bright, lellow waistcoat! We just thought it funny that when ever Merry was in a picture, even just a little bit of him, you could always spot Merry because of his bright, lellow waistcoat.

This is so cool! I still can't believe someone wrote a fic about it! Great job!

(Yes I am the Pen-nameless Girl's cousin)
Aruraya chapter 1 . 1/20/2003
This was an adorable story! It's such a nice childhood memory, captured in time. Pippin sound so young and adorable...
Ivory Tower chapter 1 . 1/13/2003
Hee! Hee! Leave it to Pippin to snitch! That was so funny!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/13/2003
Oh, hysterical joy of joys! HAA HAA! I thought I was the only one with a "strange fixation" on Merry's brilliant waistcoat (aside from a cousin of mine, but wierdness runs in the blood)! Heee heee...LELLOW!

Cute, cute story by the way! Pimpernel was great, and the boys were their mischevous, lovable selves! *bursts into giggles again* THANK you, I'm glad I'm not the only one out there!

* The Pen-Nameless Girl *
Elf of Sirannon chapter 1 . 1/12/2003
Awww...poor Pip.

I have an idea for you. You should write a canon fic of Merry and Pippin at Bilbo's birthday party. Because Frodo was 33 that day, and I think Sam is about the same age as Frodo-lad. But Merry and Pip were heaps younger. Wasn't Pip like...11? (In other words, your film is grossly incorrect, Mr Jackson).

I think it'd be cute for you to write a fic about 20 year old Merry and 11 year old Pippin stealing Gandalf's fireworks; doing it pretty much like in the movie, but REAL. In other words, Pips a kid and Merry's his sneaky, irresponsible misguiding older cousin.
Pansy Chubb chapter 1 . 1/12/2003
This story is very cute and enjoyable. I like that even at 17 Merry could still have one put over on him.
veruwen chapter 1 . 1/12/2003
what a nice story. merry and pippin are my favorite characters. i liked this a lot.