Reviews for Another Fate
arysani chapter 1 . 6/18/2008
Check the Escaflowne Compendium - that has the most accurate information about the characters. Folken is actually older than Eries and Allen. When Folken was killed at 15, Eries and Allen were 11, and Van and Millerna were 6. I believe Dryden is of age with Eries and Allen.

It has plenty of helpful info for your future work :)
kerosuke jin chapter 1 . 10/5/2004
A lovely story! May it have more reviews. A pity it is only a one-shot. Do you have more fics about Eries with multiple chapters?
KlutzyGirl chapter 1 . 4/4/2004
I hope that isn't the end for this story. I really enjoyed it! I think you should continue with how Folken is actually alive. I really hope there is more to this!
-KlutzyGirl
wellduh chapter 1 . 1/22/2004
Dang it. I came across this by your LotR stuff. I choked when I read the summary. I haven't seen an Escaflowne fic for so long... I love the fandom.
Morganeth Taren'drel chapter 1 . 11/27/2003
What a beautiful story! you wrote folken so very well.
Ekuboryu chapter 1 . 11/12/2003
Oh my There is so much Fic around here I haven't reviewed. This Fic is BEAUTIFUL I wish I could make every Folken or Eris fan read it. My favorite part may in fact be the fight betwen the chibis. It's just wonderful I love the way that you tie in Earth history in the politics as well, and the character you give to Marline, who you hear so much about but never actualy see in the series. It's wonderful, too to see Folken as the brother than Van remebers so well. It makes one think of the picture with Folken holding Van

Well done.
key chapter 1 . 7/26/2003
NO! that's all? tell me that isn't all! X/;; i can't even begin to describe how wonderful this is. the writing is elegant but i'm very intrigued by the subject matter. i think eries is very interesting and wasn't given the spotlight she would've deserved in my opinion. ah, and a coupling with folken, too. *yum* thanks so much for writing this, i'm very grateful to be able to read this, and hope you update soon. :D
Leila Hime chapter 1 . 5/13/2003
Absolutely fantastic writing! You portrayed the personalities of everyone so well. I could definetly see Millerna tackling Van. This was great! I'd love there to be more, but it also stands perfect just the way it is. A great story!
beltsquid chapter 1 . 3/28/2003
I loved reading about pre-mayhem Folken-I think you conveyed his intelligence and concern for his brother perfectly. Overall, characterization is excellent, and I loved young Van! Thank you for writing a good Esca fic-this is going on my favorites.

-Cyn
JadeGoddess chapter 1 . 3/20/2003
so now that she thinks he is dead... they will probably meet when he comes back, are you continuing the story?
euphorbic chapter 1 . 2/9/2003
I admire the way you have depicted the sisterly interactions of the three princesses. They are very natural and wonderfully catty.

Van seems just a bit too sober for his age, but it isn't easy to write little kids. You have his temper down, though.

The idea of the fic makes perfect sense to me and I love your depiction of Folken as the dutiful son. As for your cultural diffusion leanings; I think it gave the fic an added spice without detracting at all.
LongwindedGirl chapter 1 . 1/22/2003
Wow, what a lovely story. I really liked the depiction of Folken and his family. Will there be a follow-up?
NickelS chapter 1 . 1/19/2003
No way, You OWN!

It's so awesome to finally see this fic up here!

Your characterization is amazing as always, but all these kids are so cute . instead of annoying as kids tend to be sometimes. I think this piece definitely shows the range of your abilities in contrast with all your other wonderful fics.

_'

Actually, you can still have my title if you want it, I've thought of a backup for mine. Aren't I thoughtful? though... that would end up wiping out all the lovely reviews... anyway, I'll email you and we'll talk about it.
rei chapter 1 . 1/17/2003
This story is absolutely wonderful. It holds promise. Please continue soon! _~
Al chapter 1 . 1/13/2003
This is really excellent writing! I always thought it's possible that Folken and Eires have been engaged before Folken went to slay the dragon. I'm glad to have read this story. Will this be a one-shot or a continuation?