Reviews for In All Things Balance
hakon2feb chapter 3 . 4/5/2018
Hi.
Looks like Harry's training is coming along nicely. The lightest of the Muntuur stones weighted about a 1000 kg, so if he can lift one for a minute before the age of 10 i'd say that's quite impressive. Learning other things is also a work in progress, but he seems quite advanced if he understands basic chemistry and calculus already. Might want to expand his knowledge to foreign languages too, though... At least if you want Harry to have any role in taking over the world.
Also, i'm guessing Ziri implanted the 'dream' about Harry being in the US to Sirius. Not really sure why she did it, perhaps a premonition through the Force? It would certainly give Harry a foothold in Britain if he returned alongside his godfather, but there could be other reasons as well. Looking forward to seeing how that conversation plays out :p
Keep up the good work :p

hakon2feb chapter 2 . 4/5/2018
Hi again.
The second chapter had a few more noticeable errors, but overall quite good for something unbeta'ed. It didn't detract overly much from the chapter as a whole, but it's something to look out for if you plan on continuing your writing in the future.
As for the chapter itself... It makes me wonder how strong a presence Earth is in the force compared to other SW planets like Korriban, Dagobah and Kashyyyk. I know you stated it was 'the will of the Force' that cloaked the planet, but Nox was also surprised at the amount of life on the planet, and we all know lifeforce. Just curious, since Dagobah is slightly smaller than Earth, but almost completely covered in green (Perhaps animal life has a stronger impact on the force than plants?). Then again... Doing the math for surface area, Earth covers almost twice as much area as Dagobah if we see both planets as perfect spheres, so perhaps that could be a large factor.
That Nox was so easily able to do what she did i find quite reasonable. She has spent over a year just learning stuff constantly, both light and dark. She was surprised by Pettigrew because she had never encountered something like that before, compared to the 'almost-horcrux' in Harry's head in which she is much more knowledgeable. The fact that she is also geared much more towards physical fighting due to her nature as a Sith, i would estimate her reflexes and reaction time is on par, if not better than those of Voldemort and his top lieutenants. Earth really isn't ready for Nox (which is why she is now on the moon :p), but i don't think little Harry will complain overtly much. :)
Keep up the great work :)

hakon2feb chapter 1 . 4/5/2018
Hi.
I think i found this story through Temporal Knight's favorites, and i must say that the first chapter has me greatly interested. Darth Nox seems like very complex character already, and i'm looking forward to seeing what sort of impact she will have on Earth :)
Also, despite you stating the story hasn't been beta'ed i found only a few errors. The writing is engaging, and much better than even some stories where they claim to have a beta reading through before posting.
I'd like to say keep up the great work (which has become somewhat of a catchphrase of mine), but since this story and the sequel is completed i'll settle with hoping that the rest is as good if not better than this first chapter :)

Reflective599 chapter 6 . 4/5/2018
Harry...may break Snape in half very soon. This pleases me.
Mernom chapter 19 . 3/3/2018
The bit when Vader was talking to the emperor was kinda dull. Ending every sentence with 'master' reduces the weight of the word.
Mernom chapter 18 . 3/2/2018
The scene with Lupin was great. I like it. On another note, there is a possible continuity error further down the chapter. At the start of the story, you mentioned that Earth is in a different galaxy compared to the SW setting. But here, it's in the same one.
Mernom chapter 16 . 3/2/2018
You're laying the Draco bashing thick there. And of fucking course that Harry breaks yet another unbreakable school record. Add a world record to that, what's with the Dementor.
The math test bit, I actually expected Harry to do it the moment you said that no one has ever completed it. You're getting predictable...
Mernom chapter 15 . 3/1/2018
Over achieving on the Patrons stage was a bit too much. The story is already two and a half French deep in Mary Sue/Gray Stu territory, after all.
But Luna divining that Hermione will call divination bullshit is one of the most ironic scenes ever.
Mernom chapter 14 . 3/1/2018
Ohh. That's interesting...
Mernom chapter 12 . 3/1/2018
The code is rather long compared to the original ones. It's supposed to be fast and to the point IIRC.
'Every light casts a shadow. No shadow can exist without light.'
Mernom chapter 11 . 2/28/2018
Hmm. So magic is used to get around re-entry problems? I'd expect physicians to be all over this shit.
ClaireR89 chapter 18 . 2/27/2018
I'm happy things are really moving now. But I'm sad that were going back to earth soon.
ClaireR89 chapter 13 . 2/27/2018
I hope this story picks up soon. It was doing well then it just flat lined
ClaireR89 chapter 12 . 2/27/2018
Not sure how I feel about this chapter. Or most of the 2nd year to be honest
ClaireR89 chapter 6 . 2/27/2018
Bummed he didn't get a different wand considering no horocrux
1,095 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »