Reviews for In All Things Balance
HowlnMadHowie chapter 5 . 3/17/2016
And became Hermione isn't pureblood and not found until Hogwarts she will not be trained until then? Well, this would be a damper on Lucus' plans for Draco...oh well.
HowlnMadHowie chapter 4 . 3/16/2016
Y'know I have a valid question. Even though we're within current timeframe, 2 years from Harry startng Hogwarts...does Harry still get the Holly and phoenix wand? I'm thinking no. Nox got a dual core that was, I think, symbolic to being of balance. Harry should, by extension, see the same.
HowlnMadHowie chapter 2 . 3/16/2016
If you want a 6th for Harry I suggest either Fleur or Tonks. Personally Fleur had more merit to it. But I know it's too early for Nox to abandon her idea of a new empire but she only saw one possible future.
david.mumaw.90 chapter 7 . 3/16/2016
Looking forward to more... much more... _
Shalifi chapter 7 . 3/15/2016
I am curious how things will go. Something tells me Harry will remain anonymous. Maybe pick up some force cloaking skills? Like a jedi Shadow, or a sith assassin.
Notthisguy chapter 7 . 3/15/2016
An excellent chapter! Loved reading it, and the plot development is coming along nicely. Not entirely sure I agree with the Deus Ex Machinas at the end, because I didn't see either the Essence or the Tears mentioned earlier, and they seemed to come out of nowhere.
Master of Drunken Fist chapter 7 . 3/15/2016
Noooooooooooooooo it ended...
ImmortalMyrddin chapter 7 . 3/15/2016
It's curious that Daphne would be more conscious or concerned about maintaining Nox's plan than Harry, considering he was raised specifically for what they're doing.

I get that she's apparently more "Slytherin" than Harry but it still seems out of place.

I'd like to see Harry and Hermione become more like friends, rather than Harry seeing her as a talented Muggleborn to further himself or his mother someday. Also, to see Harry and Daphne drift apart which would be expected if they have to act like they don't know each other all the time.

Great story, I'm really interested to see what happens next.
Lycan01 chapter 7 . 3/14/2016
Great story so far!
Tellemicus Sundance chapter 7 . 3/14/2016
Pretty good! I like that you're magic still relevant in the story. Most authors tend to make one or the other the 'dominant force' and let it essentially take control. What you're doing is trying to establish the delicate balance between the two, which is appropriate, given the title. Also, don't forget that a the CEO of an industry, Nox has a lot of responsibilities to it and can only be away from it for so long.

Although there's something I've been meaning to bring to your attention. Now this is just purely my own opinions on your story and how I view the respective characters, so take this as you will.

From what I'm guessing is going to happen, you intend to make Hermione a member of this fledgling new Order as a Jedi (probably the future Archivist, right?). I don't think that that is a good idea. In fact, truthfully, I think Hermione would make a TERRIBLE Jedi. Not because she doesn't agree with the ideals, isn't a good fighter or diplomat, or anything like that. It all boils down to HOW A JEDI USES THE FORCE that I think Hermione would have trouble with to an immeasurable extent.

In a way, this is perhaps Hermione's greatest failing as a witch. She believes in cold hard FACTS, theories that can be and have been tested and proven, items and technology that work as she understand how it should. As far as she's concerned, there is and always has to be LIMITS on EVERYTHING. But the Force, like Magic, is only limited by a person's imagination and faith in it. And just how does a Jedi touch and use the Force? They can't see, smell, taste, or hear it, and only can vaguely 'touch' it. The Force answers to one's faith in it and in themselves (generally). The Force is not like the magic taught in Hogwarts, in that it doesn't have an instruction manual for her to read over and review. It must be learned on an individual level with only guidance from the master in the right direction. I don't think Hermione would react very well to this manner of learning. Oh, she'd definitely TRY but probably wouldn't get very far before her frustrations, impatience, and lack of belief caused her to quit. Not at all unlike what she did in Divination, which is actually an EXCELLENT comparison.

But, on the other hand, for all the reasons that Hermione can't or won't be a good Jedi or be able to use the Force, I think Luna would be one of the BEST in the Order. Like what Rowling herself said, Luna is Hermione's opposite in that she doesn't need PROOF to believe in something.

Okay, rant's over. But I hope I've given you something to ponder on.
sh777 chapter 7 . 3/14/2016
Thanks for the update.
Tellemicus Sundance chapter 3 . 3/13/2016
Although you're using several ideas that I've come across before in other HP/SW stories, I'm finding myself quite enjoying this story. The small differences, Nox's 'origin story', her trying to build an empire on Earth while/by upgrading it's base technology levels, and the conflicts with and within the Wizarding World, all of this is making for an extremely fun read! Excellent work so far and I'm eager to see what else you've made!
Kesharrad chapter 7 . 3/13/2016
I hope it's not gonna become a harem fic. Because that became very annoying years ago.
Terrenall.L.Black666 chapter 7 . 3/13/2016
Cool chapter can't wait for the next one.
Crown of Creation chapter 3 . 3/13/2016
I love your story, but the description of the lightsaber styles is faulty.
Style 3; soresu is indeed a defensive style, effctve against ranged weapons, and focuses on defending until an oportunity presents itself. Most famous user; Kenobi

Form 5 has its roots in form 3; but here the user both uses the opponents attacks against him, and does'nt play the waiting game, they will try to force openings in the opponents defense.
Most famous user; anakin

Style 6 Niman is for the uninitiated the weakest form, since it's an amalgam of all other styles, to master Niman, you need to master all the other forms, which few do. This is the form most associated with jedi consulars, Who focus on balance.

Just some necessary corrections ;-]