Reviews for In All Things Balance
celf chapter 3 . 2/11/2016
i find this story a fresh take on the SW/HP cross.
and i can not help but like it. quite alot.
i am looking forward to new chapter's and will be awaiting them with bated breath.
so please keep the new chapters coming as fast as you can.
Mokoloco chapter 3 . 2/11/2016
Surprise surprise Sirius what's gonna happen now huh?
I loved it it was a good chapter i'm happy Harry's got a good life and knows about his parents. As for relationships i'd say Luna or Daphne.
Luna because i like her and maybe because of what she and her father see (all those weard beasts) you could say she's strong in the force or something or that maybe once before Nox came to the planet a force sensitive already crashed on earth or something?
Daphne well i like her paired with Harry i read good FFs about them and in most she' Neutral/Grey and that would be good with Harry as he'll be Grey/Neutral.

Just some idea's :)
Sajuuk chapter 3 . 2/11/2016
Hello lol
good story so far
i hope that Harry like scifi and take some earth ideas for research and new technology
i hope some tech like mecha from gundam series, some exosquelleton like in halo for spartan, some energy weapons, shields, teleportations, nanotech, droids, IA...
please see what mixte of tech and magic can go
i hope that some anime, movie, cartoon and other books give Harry and his mother some new idea
like the download of the brain to a cloned body for immortality like with EVE online, or some new magics from fantasy or mixte of science and magics
but i can't wait to see Harry new mother scan a lots of book from the wizard world to help Harry learn other light and dark magics and creat news ideas
i also hope some chapters with Harry empire expand in the inconnu régions and make some boom with tech
i hope that Harry take the CSI down before takin down the republic and kill sidious
i hope that Harry would have a harem or be in love with his adopted mother or some good girls in the future
please write a lot, go wild and have fun
by
sajuuk
ps : i hope we see some of the research take by the sith, jedi and jidee been remark soon with the enterprise and see some new R&Ds appear in the future
Ataxius chapter 3 . 2/11/2016
Pretty good so far. Please no harem though, they completely ruin the story imo.
BioHazard82 chapter 3 . 2/11/2016
Very interesting story so far. Please update soon, and often!
Aetemus chapter 3 . 2/11/2016
As far as I remember, Dumbledore in canon never kept parroting about 'The Greater Good' at every opportunity. It seems rather odd that he would keep saying that phrase in every alternate sentence here.

Besides, if Nox is so uber-powerful, why is it that the old man hasn't suffered a horrific 'accident' yet? As long as he is around, her son's job of avenging his parents is going to be a lot more difficult.
frankieu chapter 3 . 2/11/2016
yay for padfoot wonder how much trouble he is gone find him self in for not being there for harry if he blames him
Red Archer chapter 3 . 2/11/2016
This is quite a good story so far.
I hope to see some more soon.
Also for the pairing I would prefer a small harem of 2-5 women.
The members for said harem can still be up for debate but one of them will have to be Nox herself.
She has a rather dark background as a sex slave so she could have some problems with men and sees them as nothing more than a tool for stress relieve.
As she raised Harry herself the problem she has with other males doesn't appear with him because she knows everything about him.
He would be one of the only males she can fully trust and love.
CMB598 chapter 3 . 2/11/2016
I can just tell there will be a lot of neutering threats directed at Sirus. Good story so far, can't wait for more.
Vukk chapter 3 . 2/11/2016
You have me laughing at your last scene.
Iceflame55 chapter 3 . 2/11/2016
Hehe! Ok, I'm seriously enjoying the Hell out of this! I can see Dumbledore jumping the gun, given exactly how chaotic he knew things would be, and arranging matters to come about in certain manners.

Note: I'll start clearly I'm averse to bashing in the vast majority of stories, due to some authors using it as a way to force things in a certain way. It's one of those things that bug me, you know? But some 'bashing', to underline what the character is, I can see :). I can see Dumbledore being afraid, after all, he's used to Dark and Light Lords, not the Twilight, neither Dark, nor Light, but a mix of the two.

I assume Darth Nox has been watching events in Britain, with caution? She likely had no direct involvement in his trial, but I can see she'd deduce and plan for Dumbledore and the others getting desperate enough to try and reopen Pandora's Box.
Axcel chapter 2 . 2/10/2016
I like the Sith thinking involved. Child prophesized to become powerful enough to destroy you? A Sith would train the child to become strong enough to do exactly that. It is almost whimsical in a way. They purposely want their apprentice to become strong enough to kill them. All to strengthen the Sith Order. In a way, they are even more loyal to their order than the Jedi.
Axcel chapter 1 . 2/10/2016
Why does Revan have a ghost? He is canonically not dead. If you are thinking of the Shadow of Revan expansion, EA explicitly stated that Shadow of Revan is non-canon and that normal SWTOR is part of the official Star Wars universe canon. Probably because even EA recognizes the awesomeness that is Revan, so they made both KoTR games and SWTOR canon.
Notthisguy chapter 2 . 2/8/2016
An excellent second chapter. Really liking the way this is set up to lead to Grey!Harry.
Aetemus chapter 2 . 2/7/2016
A fairly interesting chapter. You've made a lot of small divergences from the canon storyline already, so it should be interesting to see what cascading effects result from this by the time Harry starts at Hogwarts.

Regarding the pairings, please, no Hermione. A well-adjusted, knowledgeable and cared-for Harry has no use for some arrogant know-it-all with severe fetishes towards books and authority figures and has a mind narrower than most animals (remember in Deathly Hallows, where she argues against the existence of the Elder Wand, despite proof of the Cloak's existence and at least circumstantial evidence of the ring? Or perhaps in sixth year, where she gets progressively bitchier due to Harry outperforming her using the Prince's book, but never bothers to try and investigate why the Prince's methods work better). Someone like her would never bring anything of worth to this story.

As for Ginny, well... Wasn't this the one who was a blind fangirl for most of the series? Wasn't she the same idiot who poured her soul into a sentient book, when her father works at a department that identifies seemingly harmless objects that've often been maliciously enchanted? When her father had WARNED her about objects that could seemingly think for itself? Also, if I remember correctly, after supposedly getting over her fangirlishness, when Harry breaks up with her following the old man's funeral, she tells him he'd never be 'happy' unless he was out there fighting. Correct me if I'm wrong, but where in the books does it seem like Harry actually gets any happiness out of fighting Voldy and his DEs? Or perhaps he simply feels obliged to fight for his friends, for his conscience, for what is important to him, because if nobody fights, then all will be lost anyways. Again, like Hermione, a bad choice that will essentially drag this story down the longer it goes.

Susan might work. You'd have an excellent source of drama with Harry trying to sway her to his morally ambiguous ways once he'd earned her loyalty, but having trouble in doing so thanks to her upbringing by and loyalty to her aunt, who happens to be the DMLE head and one of the few relatively honest and clean individuals in the Ministry.

Daphne would definitely be a better choice, especially considering the above points.

Luna would be interesting. You have a readymade excuse there to turn her weirdness into some uncontrolled form of Force precognition/foresight. Of course, her rather unconventional way of looking at things will definitely help matters too - especially since Nox is attempting something that only Revan ever truly succeeded at.
1,100 | « Prev Page 1 .. 61 68 69 70 71 72 73 .. Last Next »