Reviews for The Forgotten Potter
TauriPlaneshift chapter 22 . 4/4
I can't believe he was old man Grindelwald all along. And he would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for hose meddling kids and their bird too.
reika88 chapter 26 . 1/19
i understand that victims of kidnapping and torture never fully get over their fear of the one(s) that hurt them, but Odette is a great character and having her still petrified of them is pathetic...
the confrontation with James could have been better... rather than stand her ground she backed up and turned her back on him... pathetic
mikarinHeartfilia chapter 11 . 1/1
Okay, I stop with this shit. I really hate with rape child. This is suck. I hate you
Mercedes6789 chapter 22 . 12/28/2023
Ok I admit I did not see that one coming… excellent twist
Guest chapter 11 . 12/27/2023
You are a fucking sick son of a bitch… do you get off on writing about children being raped?!
Mando-Vet chapter 27 . 12/28/2023
Some stories should never be allowed on this site, and chief among them is the rape of a child.
Mando-Vet chapter 12 . 12/28/2023
I'm really trying to finish this story, but it really is taking resilience. This story... Is not good.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/19/2023
I hope you are slowly tortured to death you sick fuck. You belong in jail were you are made the play thing of the other inmates. Burn in hell you soulless monster. Rape is not to be used as entertainment, especially not of children. And you laughed at it? You find child rape funny? Fuck you!
Guest chapter 9 . 12/19/2023
So fucking morons wait for no reason and let evil flourish. First the idiot grandparent paintings. Why are they waiting till she is five? What possible reason could they have? Why didn’t Odin take the evil out right away? Non if this makes a damn bit of sense.
reaperking2003 chapter 25 . 11/7/2023
An actual dark and evil MC? I was ecstatic upon recieving this news.

And then... I read on... And it's so unbearably disappointing.

The MC suffers from the common and frankly everpresent phenomena of "evil and dark and torturs people but only bad people and has friends they love" what a rotten joke.
I hate how her trauma is trivialised and she becomes all mushy and forgiving upon her return to Hogwarts.
What a damn shame.
Sehlib chapter 11 . 10/25/2023
This is sick, this author is sick to write such a thing, you are disgusting
Aslingg chapter 6 . 10/15/2023
OK, so I want to stop reading here, and here's why. I have no problem with OP characters. I mean, that's part of the reason I clicked on this fic. However, the child's behavior and capabilities are far beyond what I can picture being possible for any character. It would be one thing to have her magic just innately turn the killing curse back on him because she's destined to become the MoD, and Death will not strike down its own mistress. But having her, at her age, declared she'll beat him then react to the spell, intentionally sending it back then apparatlng so she could also conjure a shield to protect them... it's unnecessary. The added drama didn't bring anything more to the scene than just having the explosion happen and a piece of debris happening to hit her brother.

If this scene was all a "raw power" thing like maybe making a barrier that somehow is so strong it reflects the killing curse, or the thing I mentioned before where death magic simply won't work on her, that would be one thing. But what she exhibited was very fast and precise movements. Things that do take at least some training to develop. That reads so weird. Like, there are duelists that have less precision. And they're adults.

You had the one year old do the magical equivalent of blocking an attempt at stabbing her, skillfully taking the enemy's knife from their hand and then stabbing them in the heart with their own knife... and the attacker was a military agent or something...

I'm going to keep reading for now because when she's older, and presumably has had the training to justify her precision and skill, instances like this will not stand out as bad.
Aslingg chapter 5 . 10/15/2023
so just a couple things.

Well really just one thing now that i think about it.

There are several instances where you tell us the emotion that's being expressed after you already described that emotion. As an example, you had Regulus literally state he wanted to express gratitude. You didn't have to then point out that his eyes were shining with gratitude.

I didn't need my gratitude to have a side of gratitude with a little extra gratitude to sip on throughout the meal, ya knowif you really wanted to express an emotion there, maybe something different that would have a similar visual or convey the same message. Like maybe his eyes expressed sincerity showing he's honestly thankful.

OK there's one more very similar thing.

Descriptive expressions (that's the term I'm going with) like smiled, grimaced, etc. paint a picture by themselves. Therefore, it's unnecessary to follow those with adjectives. A smile already conveys positive emotions. Therefore, adding approvingly after it is unnecessary. Trust us, as readers, to pick up what you're putting down in a scene, ya know.

There is an exception, of course. If the adjective changes what you normally picture then go for it. To use the smile example again, the statement "smiled maliciously" conveys a very different image than just "smiled" whereas "smiled happily" conveys basically the same thing as just "smiled".

I will say, on the story front, I do feel like this intro is dragging on a bit. I fully expected us to be past the intro by now, focusing on the MC and their development. While some of this is somewhat interesting, if it's going to end basically the same except the MC is sent away, being mislabeled as not the GWL and maybe Lily and James live, the intro probably didn't need to be this long.

The summary initially grabbed my attention and we're 5 chapters in and the plot hasn't started yet, ya know (again, nothing is wrong with the plot so far, I just want to get to the plot described in the summary ya know)
Amory k chapter 27 . 8/29/2023
are you going to be continuing this?
acowles02 chapter 4 . 8/2/2023
Yeah if see sirius as younwould, and hes was laahing out in his youth die to as he put it, mother dearest
1,755 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »