Reviews for Heart and Soul
Majerus chapter 46 . 11/11/2020
"
"He was never malicious," Minerva pointed out. "He's been stubborn and short-sighted, and he's refused to listen to others, but he's never wanted to hurt you. Either of you.
"
Never Malicious? That's debatable. No, he didn't Want to hurt people, but the complete disregard for the wellbeing of other humans, up to and including causing their death through deliberate manipulation can hardly be called benign. That he continued to do this after the first time his 'plans' led to the death of innocents strikes the idea of 'involuntary' or 'accidental'.
I've stopped calling dumbles "Dark" because he has stopped acting without thinking of the consequences to others.
You've made a compelling argument that he has changed after building a very canon-like character that was very most definitely responsible for more death than anyone else. His culpability is due to the power that he held and did not wield for the welfare of innocents, but rather for the unmerited release of mass-murdering psychopaths, and worse.
Then, there's how he treated his friends and allies, his tools really, chief among them one Harry Potter.

Heh, too bad the Gryffs were so... well, Gryffindor! Had maggotlaggen not seen what was coming they could have simply disappeared his Pettigrew wanna-be arse.
Majerus chapter 45 . 11/11/2020
"
"That's right, it could happen at any time!" Hermione exclaimed. "We should ask Dobby and Winky to start a watch, especially at night."
"
This would be a perfect time to realize that Dobby and Winky are not the only elves in the castle :p
Majerus chapter 44 . 11/10/2020
"
Fawkes trilled hopefully, and Dumbledore started in surprise at how much of it he understood.
"
I wonder if that is because, for the first time in ages, dumbles hasn't already had his mind made up when he asks a question?

Poor Walburga & Sirius :(
I don't doubt that the crazy old bitch killed an innocent no-maj for her horcrux, but the possibility of them having a real mother-son relationship is all but destroyed if she is honest with him. She really is being punished, what a great story arc!

Goblin fanatics... sure, why not. Sadly it makes perfect sense :(
Majerus chapter 43 . 11/10/2020
Heh, well dumbles, are you going to contact the ICW and rouse the Wizengamut to call the alarm?

Poor Tonks, so conflicted and yet, she'd be so wonderful to have as a member of the rituals instead of an investigator thereof.
Majerus chapter 42 . 11/10/2020
Dumbledore binding his hand, as opposed to casting Episkey, is disappointing. Just because canon has him an incompetent idiot doesn't excuse you from correcting that mistake.

Yay, Dumb Lord Dumbles is going to teach her battle magic! Once he gets better. Which he won't, so it's in perfect keeping with his usual promises... :p
And yeah, I backed off from "Dark" to "Dumb". The most powerful idiotic "light" lord evah!
Majerus chapter 41 . 11/10/2020
Dobby and Winky in 'spy getups' was adorable!

I am really enjoying the fact that Flitwick is such a badarse duelist! Lasting 30 seconds, even after all this practice and power-boosts, is not much, and yet it is amazing given his knowledge and experience. It's a wonderful way to show solid gains.

I'm also really enjoying your McG. You've made small, yet consistent changes over the long haul, and it has made her a very believably softer character. Well done!
Majerus chapter 40 . 11/10/2020
Is Fudge under some form of Compulsion, or is this his natural idiocy on paranoid steroids?
Majerus chapter 39 . 11/10/2020
Uhmmmm... Dumbledore can't control the Mail Wards on Hogwarts? That's lame dude, completely ridiculous.
Now, had they been sent to someone else and then redirected from Within the school wards, that would be reasonable. And clever. The toad is neither of those things.

Well, Alessandra is pretty straight forward, it will be interesting to see how a ritual changes her - and her perceptions.
Majerus chapter 38 . 11/10/2020
Ok, Hellraiser's (in Goblish) name is just too cool!
Really excellent job with that clever bit of linguistics.

"
"Always the tone of surprise," her girlfriend replied with a bit of a pout.
HAH!

Godparents! Welp, they sure live interesting lives!

Oh boy, Tonks is on her way to a very interesting experience!
Majerus chapter 37 . 11/10/2020
Good gravy, Jasmine laid it on THICK with Blaise lol

Oh boy, Walburga isn't near as squeaky clean as she's come across in recent months. What a wonderfully Slytherin performance!
Majerus chapter 36 . 11/10/2020
Poor Hannah... to have lost a baby sibling, on top of everything else :(

Albus actually did something cool - involving Minerva instead of Snape - I'd half expected DLD to send snivellus up to the Gryff girls dorm!.
Maybe dumbles is moving out of his Dark Lord stage... More likely he's simply too tired and old to be as much of a manipulative, selfish, uncaring bastard?
Majerus chapter 35 . 11/10/2020
Much fewer casualties than there could have been... and, with any luck, tom will kill half of the survivors.
Majerus chapter 34 . 11/10/2020
I got a bit of a man-crush on Nev as he revealed the secrets of the univ... I mean, worked with Ginny on her perception of Hermione & Jasmine's relationship. ;)

Good Lord, Remus is EBIL! I busted out laughing at how easily he setup and spiked poor Sirius... brilliant!

*Wooosh* goes the breath I'd been holding since it became clear that Luna, at least, will live. The Weasley's as well, of course, what with them not being at the Burrow.
Yet another emotionally charged chapter!
Majerus chapter 33 . 11/10/2020
Some positive moves and moods... and the threat of several attacks hanging like an executioner's blade over everything.
Majerus chapter 32 . 11/10/2020
Emma's response to their reveal was wonderfully done. I wish I'd have been that calm and truly hope that all parents will stop and think before they freak out.
The simple truth is always best, God doesn't make mistakes.

"
"Amen to that!" Emma added fervently. "Discovering we have a lesbian daughter is probably the most normal thing to happen to us in the last six months."
"
I laughed... and then realized that this is really not all that humorous, their life has been a bit of a circus, but with killer clowns :(

"
"Dark Lady?" Walburga repeated. "Dark Lady? My dear Phineas, you think too small. That's far too trivial of a title for where our Jasmine Dorea is going."
*snorts*
Yeah... only, don't go spouting that crap off to DLD!

Very bittersweet chapter.