Reviews for Liar
Paladinfinitum chapter 1 . 9/18/2003
Very nice take on Xander; liked the back and forth conversation. Every time he said "Liar" I kept thinking of that one episode where Buffy's last line is "Liar"; I assume that's intentional? Good job!

Oh, and...

das blows. ;)
das chapter 1 . 8/9/2003
This blows.
Zauriel Angelus chapter 1 . 1/14/2003
Hey there Ray ! How ya been ? I read 'Liar' more thana few times now and amazingly enough it's still pretty good ! Don't mind me I'm just playing. Recovery from illness makes me a lil goofy y'see ?

First up your story is a great read (honest) and I totally understood its rather unique angle which truthfully kinda grabbed me rather instantenously on the first read since I had used a very similar stroke for 'Greetings' a letter-fic I wrote for someone a while back. Of course there's no contest at all in this bout- mine was so much weirder.

Anyway a few more words I like to add would be my complete love for having Xander bicker with himself. Funny , sad and touching at the same time. Also I got to wonder at times whether it was Buffy's voice that jumped in to say a few things. I swear that when some lines were said to himself, I had this mental image of Xander having Buffy's image and voice inside his head , saying

them. The afterthought of that idea led me to the ol' hero speech Xander had told Buffy in the season four pilot ,'freshman'.

" What would Buffy do ?"

I do believe that even without Buffy's influence Xander's better nature would've still prevailed and shone in the end but there is no doubt that with Buffy's presence in his life he was inspired in that resolve even more. In my conclusion whether he likes it or not Buffy will always have a special place in his heart and in so doing forever prove to have a significant hold upon him.

In that way BX will never truly perish and our inspiration as such to be what it lives to indulge our own imaginations, will never cease as will not our hope in all that we believe.

Now isn't that an encouraging thought ? :) Good night Ray. See Ya later.

Zauriel ...
mooddog20 chapter 1 . 1/13/2003
Keep going great fic
Saturn Girl chapter 1 . 1/13/2003
Nice job!
Steve chapter 1 . 1/13/2003
Any chance you could continue this ? Maybe in San Francisco with the Charmed Ones? You have a fair grasp of the dichotomy that is Xander: Hero/fool ready to save the day...