Reviews for An Engineer's Guide to the Technology of the Mass Effect Universe
AnthonyR89 chapter 6 . 2/22/2020
...why the fuck would they do anything but go in so far as necessary for their big ass bomb to be effective, bug out, and blow the reaper the hell up? completely unnecessary risks, there. assuming they actually value the lives of the soldiers involved at all, anyway.

i mean, if nothing else, the R&D people have extensive educational backgrounds, and the cyborgs represent some expensive assets
AnthonyR89 chapter 3 . 2/22/2020
the ones i've spotted offhand would be the "Star Cores" being ZPMs from Stargate, and these "Bionetic Symbiotes" make me think of Skrill from Earth: Final Conflict. somewhat, anyway. and the whole "cyborg conversion" and "grey goo" thing makes me think of Deus Ex.
Begone-D chapter 7 . 8/16/2019
I think that at this point, BLACKSTAR weapons system, is not a bloody siege weapon like some assumed. Maybe anti-civilian or something.

How powerful exactly are mass effect weapons, even your extensively detailed descriptions gives little insight. '... as powerful as pre-Iron Era superheavy machine gun' is still not much. Is it low megajoules for low end spectrum of weaponry like in canon Mass Effect? If so, how do some people - especially unaugmented ones like Preston Kyle( it is still beyond how he even qualifies for BC9 rating, and almost top stop at that) - even survive shots without armor? I mean if a Krogan can survive getting shot up by 50 rounds of Phaeston, how come they can't just toss fracking APCs around like much childrens toy cars?

Also, symbiotes?! Holy shit, Cthulhutech Humanity be proud, for your soul-brethren are Dark Eldar raised in Spess North Korea!
Vlad the Impaler the 21st chapter 1 . 8/15/2019
Documentation story? I never seen any of this before. We need more of this from fans trying to add logic and science to sci fi and fiction.
Thumbs up for originality and initiative.
Necronicus chapter 7 . 7/20/2019
This is some necromorph-level shit here.

I like it.
IThinkIWasBob chapter 7 . 7/17/2019
As always, great chapter.

In other news: shit's fucked. We're all going to die.
More at 11.
Janizary chapter 7 . 7/19/2019
Nightmare fuel indeed. Seriously, those were some excellent visuals.
ThatRabidPotato chapter 7 . 7/15/2019
You buffed the Reapers?! The Reapers did not need a buff!

And thinking ANY Reaper tech is safe, even if you can't detect an indoctrination signal... those poor bastards have a nasty surprise coming.
Nogui chapter 7 . 7/15/2019
LP is back with a happy little adventure!

1) I'm guessing the spike that disabled the Dagon's Crown thing (extremely "non subtle" reference BTW) is some kind of reality anchor? You've mentioned there were ways to limit Godpower within an area.

Hmmm...who might've fired it? I'm guessing a proxy of one of the Leviathans. Maybe the one who gave Cerberus the Jacen Manswell letter.

2) Is the "Reaper siege weapon" a Blackstar?

3) Dafuq, how is a planet just gone? (puts on fifth grader voice) That's cheating!
IThinkIWasBob chapter 6 . 3/14/2019
Loved the new chapters. I remember you saying you already had ideas for how you'll do ME4, so I really liked the Ryder inclusion. Thank's for making the Ai's make sense, and the geth being intended to be bodies for immortal red boxed quarians was brilliant.
Janizary chapter 6 . 3/12/2019
Really big, armored maze hamsters. Now go find your cheese :)
rjohanek chapter 6 . 3/11/2019
This is the thing that makes your story pretty much stand out over all others (besides the great writing, of course...), the increadible level of background information and detail. Outstanding.
Volksbrot chapter 6 . 3/7/2019
Oh boy. That can't go wrong at all. Let's see how many of them are going to survive that...
JzAEgD5i6CaPSH5B chapter 2 . 8/2/2018
Wow. Just wow. Like others have said, your worldbuilding is...top notch is an understatement, to say the least. Everything from weapons to AI to RAMPANCY is written so well. And this story really drives home how powerful the Reapers are. Arcturus station, with its fleets and security? All gone in the initial Reaper invasion. RIP high lords. Thank you for choosing to make such a high quality story freely available. Have a nice day!
Janizary chapter 5 . 4/4/2018
Or that AI running the entire Galaxy of Fantasy world builder :)