Reviews for Harry Potter and the Accidental Horcrux
Mirrors are very unsettling to me as well.
Birds Love Words chapter 50 . 6/2
Wow, so intense! Glad you ended this chapter with a tiny laugh - it needed it.

Your Dumbledore is exceptionally well-written. Dumbledore is one of the hardest characters to portray, but I think you've done him justice. He has the same philosophical ramblings of JKR's Dumbledore, but instead of having boundless optimism, your Dumbledore is tempered with a layer of resignation and pessimism.

This is also the first time I've really seen and felt the knife-edge that Harry is walking on. Any wrong step and he could tumble off to the side - good or bad. I feel like this entire story has been building up to this point - the point of tension where Harry must decide what kind of life he wants to live. It's a desperate balancing act that you're sustaining, and this is the kind of tension that makes me rabidly devour a story. I'm not someone who reads stories for action and cliffhangers - I'm compelled by choices. The choices characters make, and the consequences of those choices, are always more compelling to me than any other form of dramatic tension. I hope that this intensity carries over to your next book, where the stakes will be much higher!
Birds Love Words chapter 49 . 6/2
I like this chapter a lot! This is the first chapter where I've really FELT the Slytherin in Harry.

Okay, sorry that was my first reaction, but the truth is that I've been meaning to post for a while now. I've been reading your story faithfully for about a week, and I've been inexorably drawn into it. I was hesitant to start a 273,000 word story with a follow-on fic with another 173,000 words. However, I've gobbled up this fic much faster than I expected to.

I do have mixed feelings about this story. I generally love cold, Slytherin, emotionally stunted Harry fics, but this one has always seemed a little bit off to me. Throughout this fic, I've been comparing Harry to Sherlock Holmes as portrayed in the Benedict Cumberbatch BBC series - a little bit off, socially awkward, manipulative, uncaring, and a bit of a sociopath - albeit one with a soft spot for his select few friends. Since I can't see Sherlock taking over the world (that's Mycroft's job anyway), I haven't been able to picture this Harry in the role he's meant to fill.

As I said above, this is the first chapter where I've actually felt Harry's emotions - his overwhelming anger, shame, rage, and cool calculation. I think that's because this is the first time he's taken a definable action to put his vague plans into motion. He's been pushed to his limit, broken, and reformed into something like shattered glass - sharp and deadly. His letter is subtle, masterfully manipulative, eloquent, and decidedly cunning. It's the first truly Slytherin thing Hary has done. I can now totally see him going dark and becoming politically savvy to push his/Tom's agenda on the world, which is something I couldn't have really pictured two chapters ago. I have a feeling that from here on out, the story's going to get reeeeaaaallly good. I'm looking forward to reading the rest!
Emporer Bloodfire chapter 7 . 5/9
I would never forgive someone who killed my parents no matter what they went through growing up
god im rereading this fic and both times i read
this chapter i cry a bit youve written the whole process to just feel so heartbreaking. i loved madame pomfrey and snape becomes much more sympathetic
mattdombast chapter 51 . 4/20
Harry tommy lover but tom mean and lily saved her son
I LOVE your story, it made me so emotional both of the times i've read it. Tom is right, Harry is "an exceptionally strange child". Like how Harry always blindly trust Tom for everything and his loyalty to Tom. Harry also doesn't think how just because muggleborns gets put in wizarding parents' care dosen't mean they will be treated nicely. Harry rarely thinks for himself. But that not how Tom raised him to be, is it? I think I know (or at least have an idea of) what the first rule of Lily and Harry's Game is, but "that would be telling".
lizyeh2000 chapter 52 . 4/13
Loved your story , now favourited!
ate-some-chips chapter 52 . 4/8
There were moments of anger on my part, I have to admit, at the story. But in the end, I can only look back on the experience and appreciate it. I truly appreciate the time you've put into this story, and despite my misgivings and unrepentant anger at times, I'm prone to frustration easily, you see, I feel as though, now that the end has come, that I have truly experienced something wonderful, magical. Every piece came together into something I couldn't see in the beginning, even at the middle, and in the end I can't complain, the anticlimax of it wasn't blunt, it wasn't surprising. In fact, now that it's ended, I can't say I could've imagined any other ending. The being you brought to life in this story couldn't be anything other than what it was, and that's truly perfect. All too often stories end with a bang, with something magnificent. I think this was a bang in its own right, something true, something real, and I'm extremely grateful to you for sharing this being that you brought to life. I truly am happy to have experienced this, and for that I can't thank you enough. I fear that no amount of apologies will be enough. Thank you.
Lunar-cycle chapter 18 . 4/7
This is so refreshing really love your story.
Also I have always liked Ron and never been a fan of Ron-bashing so to have him accept Harry and not write him off as evil is how I always thought the canon-Ron would have reacted. Rob might have had his jealous moments in canon but he loved Harry and would have done anything for him!
If made me happy to see a slitherin Harry story where he could keep Ron.
Reader-anonymous-writer chapter 52 . 3/26
Why would they have to wait years to access magical world? Let them access the magical world earlier. From age of three, or something.
Harry is exactly what magical world needs. Harry cannot do it alone, he needs allies, he needs to move all people, magicals and not, to confront their fears, to make sure humans aren't destroying themselves.
At Tom's friend, Harry should try to help Tom to be... less damaged. To be not reigned by his Dumbledorephobia.
Dumbledore's point about difficulty of differentiating between false alarm and real harm... Make a ward which detects fear, pain. Make a ward which detects happiness, joy. Make a logging charm which writes down positives and negatives, for each person in household individually. And make it alert Squibs or Aurors or Mind Healers or somebody when "not good" conditions are detected.
Thank you. Good day, good night, and good luck.
Eating Upside Down chapter 52 . 3/21
Love the story, the first few chapters were very taxing but well worth the investment. The last few chapters were amazingly written and I’m moved on just how relatable Harry became. My only complaint is how you used “Muggle” terms to explain complex magic. It really took some of the wonder out of magic and made it into just a omnipresent, omnipotent energy. I also really think it’s hard to see thirteen year old kids becoming so self aware and have mature conversations that even adults don’t have, but you’ve managed to convince me that wizards and witches are just that special.

Love the work and I can’t wait to start the sequel. Oh and I love Daphne. Please keep her involved!
Doc Junior chapter 51 . 3/20
This was really very interesting story, i definitively agree with you, this isn't a dark Harry story, a different Harry, with different goals, he has changed, as has the Voldemort soul in him, i would really be curious how things are going to play, will Harry succeed at changing the wizzarding world, will Voldemort soul succeed at having a new body, whats going to happen with the master soul, and with Dumbledore ? This is simply a lot of variables, there are so many ways for you to lead this story onto different paths, i must say it was well written (surely the improvings you added helped) and i read it with a lot of fun !
SO thanks so much and lets read the sequel !
Doc Junior chapter 50 . 3/20
This was bloody brillant to see everything from DbD POV, well i must say that the interludes with Pomfrey, Hermione, Snape etc... they really are an interesting add upp to the story !
Doc Junior chapter 42 . 3/20
Damn those questions about Star Wars were so funny because i'm sure a lot of people have asked this to themselves
It would be funny to create laser Swords with magic or combine muggle tecnologie with magic as well to explore space !
2,226 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »