Reviews for Out of My League
O Long Johnson chapter 1 . 8/5/2016
Good story. You just need to edit out the copyright song lyrics for this story, and from your other story "Kiss the Girl," to be compliant to this site's guidelines. It's actually illegal to use copyright lyrics without the record label's permission.
catspats31 chapter 1 . 2/9/2016
The story is good, but since it has the copied lyrics of "Out Of Our League" by Stephen Speaks, it breaks the following part of the Content Guidelines:

Actions not allowed:
3. Copying from a previously published work (including musical lyrics) not in the public domain.

Please remove all of the copied lyrics from your story before someone can use them as evidence in their abuse reports.

And in case you're wondering when and why that rule is made, here is the background information. Back on April 27, 2005, the admins put this message on the front page regarding songfics:

In addition, [this site] would like to address a growing problem. For whatever reason, some writers feel it's okay to copy-n-paste musical lyrics they have not written into their fiction. If you did not write it, do not post it. This has always been our policy. Please remove these entries immediately to avoid account closure.

Keep in mind that "public domain" means something that has expired intellectual properties, like Shakespearean works. And disclaimers don't cut it for song lyrics. Not even changing a few words from the original song will be enough.