Reviews for Soulflayer's Slayers
Captain Tammo chapter 1 . 2/24/2016
I love it! This is like a breath of fresh air :)
Highwing chapter 2 . 2/17/2016
I too was going to remark upon your grammatically-incorrect tendency to include dialogue from more than one speaker in the same paragraph, but Lepidolite beat me to it. Otherwise, another amusing installment here, even if it does perhaps drag a bit in spots and isn't quite up to the near-brilliance of Chapter One. Feeling more like a chaptered story now than a stand-alone, so that must be the reason, since chaptered stories always have a different flow and tempo than short-shorts. A few chuckleable spots here, especially the "Mattimeo" references, but mostly I'm enticed by just what Heath's gang will consist of, and what their methods will be. Guess we'll find out in good time!
Lepidolite Mica chapter 2 . 2/15/2016
I'm spotting a bunch of areas where you have multiple sources of dialogue in one sentence; this is, in my experience, never grammatically acceptable. Also, your last line of actual story has an extra double quote before Iosef's name. If you were looking to put his name in quotes, you should use single quotes around it, and double quotes around the entire sentence. Oh, and "whence" means "from which", so "from whence Iosef had fallen" means "from from which Iosef had fallen."

Aside from that, you've got another great installment here, and I look forward to seeing more. I am, however, somewhat curious what a Sue-slayer's reaction would be to a character that is inarguably overpowered from a general perspective, but has a fully detailed explanation as to why.
Highwing chapter 1 . 2/7/2016
Okay, I laughed. I've been accused of writing Sues/Stus myself, although anyone who's stuck with my work knows I haven't. At least not much. Erhem. But you've found a very different and more wonderfully direct way of puncturing them than I ever tried, and made it vastly entertaining to boot. I won't comment on the quality of your writing, since anyone who can write this well already knows they can write this well, and focus instead on the concept and execution, both of which I give very high marks. This stands as a perfectly acceptable and self-contained work just as is, so if you do continue with additional chapters, I hope you can bring the same masterful irreverence to them that you did here, exploring the theme with fresh inspiration to warrant the expansion from your promising start here. Best of luck to you in your efforts!
Lepidolite Mica chapter 1 . 2/5/2016
The story's good, but the first "attack" is a bit weak. There really isn't any reason why katanas shouldn't exist in the Redwallverse, logically; the map is nearly nonexistent outside of Mossflower. Who's to say that there isn't an island nation somewhere, deprived of high-quality iron in the same way Japan was, that developed similar weapons over time? Now, that being said, those swords would still suffer from the same problems real-world katanas face, namely the weakened metal and quick dulling over time, but that wouldn't mean they don't exist.
MavenrookUniverse chapter 1 . 2/5/2016
That was the perfect blend of hilarious and epic. It was hilariously epic. Please continue, you've gained a reader.