Reviews for Halo: Wolf Pack
Bruh.io82 chapter 16 . 11/1/2020
I just got banned from SpaceBattles for saying that Jun could have rescued Six. Shows how snowflakey some people are.
Bruh.io82 chapter 8 . 11/1/2020
This is one of the best fanfics I've ever read. If only 343 would pull its head out of the sand and admit that the circumstances surrounding Six's death are a bit...sus.
Bruh.io82 chapter 3 . 11/1/2020
Jun ends up founding the Spartan-IV program.
Bruh.io82 chapter 1 . 10/30/2020
This is exactly how it should have happened. 6 wasn't far from CASTLE, so Jun could easily have grabbed him and escaped. And yes, it has been confirmed that Jun survived.
StonerMcWeedPot chapter 14 . 5/29/2020
Now Mike and Melanie have gotta end up together I’m rooting for them
ericwevans817 chapter 38 . 5/2/2020
why dont natalia just become the handler for wolfpack. name has influence and a excellent combat anylisist
Jakeros chapter 41 . 3/20/2020
and FIN! wow, just wow. what a conclusionto this part anyways. finally Mike and tali got to be together, and mel seems to have backed off too. she's a good character and deserves closure on her end so hopefully we can get that. and it seems that matt and Maia are on a similar track as Mike and talifingers crossed!
now without further ado, onward to wolf legacy!
Jakeros chapter 35 . 3/19/2020
oh boyyyy... how long has it been since I read this? 2 years? more? either case, i see the third installment of this and I'm racing to get to it. I've got a lot to catch up on.

and Thorne? that the same one I'm thinking of?
stormal chapter 41 . 2/22/2019
Loved both stories so far for the Halo Wolf trilogy. Can't wait to see what you have in store for the third and final chapter! Keep it up!
RoachBagg chapter 41 . 1/19/2019
Great story. Obvious deep understanding of Halo lore made this story truly grand.
AlaskaViking chapter 41 . 3/22/2018
What happened to the kukuri?
AlaskaViking chapter 41 . 3/22/2018
I loved how in the end Mike and Natalia came together and have a nice peaceful moment together. I am very eager to see how they grow closer and develop their relationship. I glad to see Mike not choose Melanie. She always seemed like a jerk to Mike. I think it would so very very cool to see Natalia become a Spartan 4 approached by Jun. Then come back to noble 7. Happy writing!
Drall Hawk chapter 41 . 1/17/2018
What a great novel to a great trilogy that will be greatest I have ever seen
TriagonalSign chapter 41 . 1/9/2018
I binge-read the prequel and this in a single day after I discovered it. Overall the arc is very well thought out and it ties with the Halo narrative quite well. (Integrating Ackerson's bluff was a brilliant move despite the little impact it had on the story). I've thought of this review for a bit, as I was mulling over the chapters which I considered highlights or perhaps more impactful.

Mike's character as a battle-hardened soldier who is oblivious to developments outside of a military context fit well with the canonical image of the original Noble Six. He's a lethal weapon, just as Halsey described him. His place as the main protagonist is well-defined.
I particularly enjoyed his reluctance to command a squad in the opening chapters, but I can't help feeling that this wasn't exploited enough. In the chapters leading up to the formation of the squad, I felt that Mike mirrored Kurt very closely in how he interacted with Gamma squad and Hank. However, the two were starkly different characters. Kurt was very much a team player, as opposed to Mike who had only been assigned to squad work a short period of time previous. So Mike's reluctance could have been expanded more, (perhaps with some inspiration from Kurt) to finally develop him into a leader. Otherwise, his character development has been very linear and logical throughout the entire story, if a bit static at times.

Natalia's character is at best slightly cliched (not that this is immediately a bad thing), but her experience on Reach has clearly moulded her and influenced her actions in this story, which justifies her heart-wrenching departure from Reach in the previous instalment. Of course, her actions were catalysed by the silent hand of Parangosky's motives which I cannot wait to discover in the final instalment. However, towards the end I think instead of being captured it would be more fitting if she hid and evaded capture through silence, (perhaps killed a Jackal or something to consolidate the fact that she has learned to fight) and been rescued by Mike later.

Hank - An ODST officer bereft of a hand from battle and a Scottish accent - Quite the ingredients for a character. Hank in this story is clearly the spiritual successor of Mendez and is well written in that regard Although him being a battle-hardened ODST does add a certain spin to his relationship with Gamma, I feel like this animosity wasn't fleshed out sufficiently. I never saw Hank really bare his dislike for Spartans in this chapter, a role that seemed to have been hijacked by the ODSTs of lower ranks. My point is that Hank seems to follow the Mendez line too much without any extra flavour on top to differentiate him. This changes in later chapters (mainly because we never saw Mendez play a commanding role in large scale - operations) for the better, and his tough love attitude towards the Spartans is one that I highly enjoy.

I'm going to try lump the pack of wolves into one paragraph. I was expecting a lot less character development than what you put forward. I was amazed at how well you managed to give each character in the squad their own discrete and recognisable personality (With the exception of perhaps Terrell), without falling too far into the pit of cliched character profiles. Matt's character change over the course of the story was especially fascinating to read. Alissa's somewhat headstrong attitude contrasts against her role as a sniper (a role that demands a steady persona), but by adding the influence of the 'Smoothers' this parity is masterfully resolved as she takes out her anger out on her teammates rather than during the mission. (I particularly liked the section where Alissa debates whether to eliminate Castor). Adam acting as second in command perhaps isn't as taken advantage of as required. A scene of Adam being forced to arbitrate or make a hard decision in the absence of Mike in the heat of battle would have gone a long way to consolidating his position. I personally kept forgetting that he was the second in command throughout the story. This is not so much a criticism as I am barking before the story is finished, rather just me displaying my thoughts. Terrell is likely the odd one out here, as he receives patchy coverage and is never really fleshed out. Whilst physically I see he is meant to resemble Jorge in some way (Whether by accident or design, I think it's great - I like it), perhaps this similarity could trigger a flashback within Mike, just to perhaps place Terrell on the radar and give him a more stark identity. Maia is definitely the highlight for me. She comes off as extremely likeable, level headed and her only flaw is her undying loyalty to her team-mates. I hope she is further developed in the final instalment.

Melanie was definitely a curve-ball I did not see coming. Personally I was hoping there would be more conflict between Melanie and Natalia (In fact I clandestinely wanted Mike to choose her over Natalia - Oh well), but otherwise Melanie is a well-thought out character. Despite that however, I feel that she did not get enough screen time, something thinly veiled by the pretence that she was on some mission. As with Adam, I hope this gets rectified, because Melanie definitely holds far more potential than Natalia, who I see is reaching the close of her character development.

Overall, I found this story immersive and a joy to read. I don't want you to think that I hate this story given the amount of criticism I present in this review. I really do enjoy reading it, and the only overall critique I have for this story is simply the lack of death. I know I know, I'm just a sadistic loner who takes joy in other people's death right? In all seriousness however, I have observed that in this story, no major or even slightly influential secondary character has kicked the bucket. Alissa dying from that plasma mortar would have been a fitting death given that she had just saved her team-mate from a sniper. However, I will reserve this critique for when the trilogy is completed.

I know this has been a bit of a trek to read, but I thank you for reading this far. I'm looking forward to the final part of the trilogy (as are thousands of other avid readers). Have a nice day!
Shaddurak chapter 41 . 1/6/2018
great novel cant wait for the last book it would be nice for the pack to get mjolnir armour like mike though as a helping hand from tali being as her family could pull strings let them be real spartans since the team was supposed to be a team like noble SPI armour is for disposable soldiers the wolf pack isnt disposable followed and and favorited