Reviews for Whisper
KColl2003 chapter 18 . 7/6/2004
Damn, Xman's got issues hasn't he?
KColl2003 chapter 16 . 7/6/2004
anya's and Giles' chat was great. You keep on piling on the pressure don't ya, ya minx you?
KColl2003 chapter 14 . 7/6/2004
Wanton! Ha! Ha! A great humourous moment in amongst the action and angst.
KColl2003 chapter 10 . 7/6/2004
Nice use of history as regards its influence on demons.
KColl2003 chapter 8 . 7/6/2004
Ouch! What an ending.
KColl2003 chapter 6 . 7/6/2004
The banter between Spike, Xander, and Willow was great.
KColl2003 chapter 5 . 7/6/2004
“Screamed, collapsed in a fit of sobbing hysterics, and blacked out,
KColl2003 chapter 4 . 7/6/2004
willow was alittle harsh on Xander. If anything he was steady eddie.
KColl2003 chapter 1 . 7/6/2004
Great cliff-hanger Liz! I loved the Buffy-logic about imagining the worst attacks possible to ensure peace, very IC.
SilentChaos chapter 46 . 5/8/2004
Awesome story! I love your take on Xander, and the thoughtful way you treated his life. And I've got a sneaking fondness for the whole 'Into the Woods' theme.
b l a c k r o s e 9 chapter 46 . 5/8/2004
O My God. that was amazing. im tearing at the eyes in delight. i LOVED that ending- its gotta be one of the best fic endings ive ever read. this is an amazing story. i spent all of today reading it and i love it. wonderful. you have weaved a wonderful rug of sadness, happiness, darkness and everything that comes in between. i loved Dolly she is the coolest character. this was simply amazing- no superb!.. hell its indescribable its that great! wonderful work
BR
Draconious chapter 46 . 2/11/2004
Oh my... oh my... I have tingles... tingles...
I gotta say, I read a lot of fanfiction.. and I mean a lot. I'm working my way from the newest to the oldest of all the buffy fanfiction on , if that tells you anything.
And I didn't see that one coming. Tingles...
I would ask for a sequel, but I'm not sure you could continue this. It ends with such a suprize ending.. tingles... and is just so good.
All it was missing was a 'ship. But you were right there too, because a ship would have detracted from the focus of Xander.
All I can say is I hope you can write more stories like this one!
Draconious
Douglas-G chapter 46 . 11/5/2003
I loved your story to the point I couldn't stop reading it one night. I enjoyed it on every level, from Xander's history with those things, to Willow's keeping Xander's past a secret at almost any cost. And Xander was scarily perfect and so was Dolly. Overall, I just plain loved this fic.
brekkia chapter 46 . 9/22/2003
You know, I admire anyone who can write BtVS fanfiction with a positive attitude and an even hand despite what's happened on the show these past couple of years. And you've certainly done that with this story. That being said, I absolutely adore this fic! The angst, the drama, even a nice smidge of humor just so worked for me. Good work!
WyseQuack chapter 47 . 6/15/2003
Magnificent!

It’s a rare treat to find a well-crafted story written by an author who has seen, remembers and acknowledges the events of the early years.

It always bugs me when other authors try to portray Xander as a victim of physical parental abuse by creating a history of frequent hospital visits, “domestic disturbance” police visits to the Harris house, or both. That simply doesn’t jive with the show I was watching. But your way does. Your additions are not contradictions of canon – you just fill in the gaps, while explaining why these things would have gone unmentioned previously. You even address why an abuse victims nightmares would be about clowns - something which has, on occasion, been a sticking point for me.

Kudos for, in general, not ignoring the history of the show where it didn’t fit your vision – you tackled those problems and explained why they weren’t really as contradictory as they might have originally seemed. A much more satisfactory approach for this reader.

You certainly had me going with Dolly. I wondered for a time if she might be more than she initially seemed. Then I concluded she wasn’t. Then you had me going “Boy, was I wrong!”. Then you went and showed me how I was wrong about how I was wrong!

Chapter 36, with the memorable series of laughably unsuccessful sting operations was a real hoot. Very enjoyable.

The Afterword explaining the evolution of the story was fascinating and informative. I always thought posting a WIP was dangerous in a way – not that I’ve actually tested the water in that regard. I see my fears were not without foundation.

As for the Scoobs actually acting like friends and people capable of working out a plan together – I remember the early years when they did act like that. THOSE were the characters I tuned in to see every week. Why I stuck with a show I myself considered to be in serious decline ‘til not quite the bitter end – in the hope they would return. UPN and ME did eventually drain it all for me – I wasn’t able to bring myself to watch the last handful of episodes.

I consider the time it would have taken me to do so, having been far better spent in reading this outstanding story. Thank you for reminding me why I loved the show – once upon a time.
257 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »