Reviews for Can't Rely on Authority
Bad Wolf chapter 41 . 3/24
If this was your first story, then I have to say you have a real talent and should consider writing professionally. There were some errors, but every author, especially the most seasoned ones, go thru many drafts before submitting anything for editing and publishing.

That being said, here are some general things for you to consider if you decide to revise this story. Yes, there were some spelling and grammar issues. As I said tho, these happen to everyone. A deep re-read should help you fix those, and a beta (proofreader/editor) should be able to help you with any that you might miss. Those common issues aside, the only real problem didn't happen very often, that being a bit of rushing. There were a few places where the narration seemed to be rather rushed and lacking in detail. Granted this was mostly in duller scenes where there wasn't much to expound on, but there are some things you could probably do at least make it lose the rushed feeling.

But again, this is an amazing story! I loved it! This is actually my second time reading it.
RSegovia chapter 23 . 3/26
"Besides, do we want to appoint a guardian that is so susceptible to the Imperious Curse that he claimed to be under it for many years? What's to stop someone else from putting him under it again? Maybe we should appoint him a guardian to be on the safe side."

This is one of the best zingers against Lucius Malfoy that I have ever read. Bravo, Ted!
RSegovia chapter 42 . 3/26
I enjoyed this more than I thought I would. You should really go through and fix all the typos and redo some sentences that didn't quite make sense, but overall it was quite satisfying.
montanaatheart chapter 43 . 3/26
Very rough start, but glad I stuck with it. A bit of a crackfic yet evolved into quite a pleasant funny story. Would read further works by the author
Souen11 chapter 7 . 3/26
An amazing story so far, but the whole Parseltongue ssssss'ing is really grading on my nerves.
dragonfox123 chapter 1 . 3/3
Interesting idea and plot and chapter
ShadeslayerX chapter 38 . 2/19
Your fic was well thought out and nicely paced. I greatly enjoyed reading it. Time to check out your orher works :)
Honestly don't you two read chapter 42 . 2/15
It was an interesting idea, but I did not like it.
Harry was suddenly acting as a grown up, he had control over everything and people/creatures willing to help him. He was using a time turner with no caution and he was spying on everyone believing that was his right and apparently news should be facts unless it would be fun for him, oh and apparently he needs to decide weather or not the new minister is good enough for him, otherwise he will "prank" them to death. He had no respect for other teachers that had done nothing to him, and only done as he and everyone else did before his revelations. And these are only a few examples, I only skimmed the story. It was well written, but I really hated your Harry!
dead feather chapter 11 . 2/5
Did Molly give Harry the rest of the money back or is she a thief?
AmericanMuggleborn chapter 23 . 2/3
Judging from the attempt to appointment Lucius Malfoy as Harry guardian, Harry needs to wear an emergency port key out of great Britain around his neck at all times. Malfoy can't be trusted not to hand Harry over to Voldemort or otherwise do him harm. Were I Harry I think I'm get out of Britain.
AmericanMuggleborn chapter 21 . 2/2
Interesting. I'm liking the idea of the special school but I guess I have to write that on myself. I know I'm reading a finished story. I was working on two where Harry becomes emancipated and goes to an existing foreign school of magic.
AmericanMuggleborn chapter 17 . 2/2
Harry should consider starting a magical school for creatures such as werewolves and part humans. They could learn to be independent of wizarding or Muggle society and to never harm them. Just a thought.
AmericanMuggleborn chapter 14 . 2/2
Harry reacted about the way I would have. I would have made a nonnegotiable demand to transfer to Ilvermorny but I don't think you knew about Ilvermorny when you wrote this.

I the knowledge of what you had then, I would pack everything go outside the Boar Gate, call the Knight Bus and leave. Somehow I'll find another magical school.
AmericanMuggleborn chapter 15 . 2/2
Harry's reaction to being forced into the Tournament would be my reaction. His rights are being violated. I would just pack everything and leave through the Boat
missgsmith51 chapter 43 . 2/2
I appreciate your removal of the racial slur against Cho in the Yule Ball chapter. She was truly a nasty piece of work and deserved her comeuppance. Harry saying "Ho- I mean Cho ..." did not bother me, because that particular epithet is all about behavior, and THAT is something she can change. The original slur pertained to race, not something she could change; using it just made Harry look boorish ... and far too much like Malfoy. There is nothing wrong with a well-placed zinger, IMHO, as long as it targets words and behavior and not race or something else a person can't change. Thank you for adjusting that remark and keeping Harry a gentleman.
1,265 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »