Reviews for CANDLES
Guest chapter 2 . 2/19/2016
*le sigh*

As usual Nellie Pearl, ya knocked it outta the park!
...and Ilove that Dolly Parton song as well.
NevadaRose chapter 2 . 2/13/2016
Such a thoughtful story, Suzanne, and it goes with the lyrics very well.
Debbie W chapter 2 . 2/12/2016
A beautifully written choice of lyrics is love was true and strong and you always tell it so well. Thankyou so much.
gunsmokefan chapter 2 . 2/11/2016
Beautiful ending. Perfect song for both of them. Thank you for writing this.
Sarah chapter 2 . 2/10/2016
The last line is amazing.
GunShy1 chapter 2 . 2/10/2016
I loved this little short story. The first chapter brought a tear, the second a smile. All of it was beautifully written, every line painting a picture. I loved seeing Matt as Kitty saw him. Your words so artfully crafted her vision of him as she watched him banter with Doc that you knew she loved him. I loved that through his eyes she saw the emotions behind the facade of stoicism he showed the world. It was an amazing sentence where Matt, for a brief moment, closed his eyes against the blinding love he saw in Kitty's eyes. His escape into the icy Kansas night when she refused his inarticulate, but heartfelt plea to never sacrifice herself for him was his only option. He wants her safe, but you know he'll be back because he can't stay away. The final sentence was perfect and powerful:

Her sapphire eyes followed his retreating form into the dark night and she whispered softly, "You have no idea what I'd be willing to do for you, Cowboy."

The only complaint I have is that this chapter said the end and to me it felt like the beginning. GunShy1 says thank you for a superbly written story and seriously wishes you would write a long story.
ForeverKittyandMatt chapter 2 . 2/10/2016
This is really good. I will be looking forward to more! Kris
Cbloomer chapter 2 . 2/10/2016
I am so very moved by this version of Matt and Kitty's story. Thanks for writing this.
patrice123 chapter 2 . 2/10/2016
No question about that. Thanks for the story.
SuzyQ chapter 2 . 2/10/2016
Yep, she would die for her man. Good story.
lostcowgirl chapter 2 . 2/10/2016
Chapter 2 is short, yet intensely emotional. There's is indeed a special love.
MMB chapter 2 . 2/9/2016
Beautiful picture of a quiet Longbranch, friends together and love expressed Thank you!
Mirschell chapter 2 . 2/9/2016
Love, strength and courage, Enjoyed this story very much.
LadyKRedzz chapter 2 . 2/9/2016
Awww, those words are so fitting
No old flame or anyone could hold a candle to Matt in her eyes or her heart...ever!

Thank you for sharing this beautiful MM
LeighAB14 chapter 2 . 2/9/2016
You did a fabulous job writing this. Thank you.