Reviews for Echoes In The Darkness
For.the.LOVE.of.Severus chapter 7 . 12/29/2013
My gosh...this was an amazing story!
Resevius chapter 7 . 10/15/2012
This was very wonderful! I wanted to cry for Severus when Remus went to Sirius first. Poor guy. But it all worked in the end in a very The Treacle Tart way!
On that note, I just want to say that you are an amazing writer. I've read almost all of your fics and just can't get enough of your stories. I'm sorry to see that your last story was posted five years ago. Does that mean you're not writing fanfiction anymore? I hope not! For one thing, I'd actually like to see a sequal to this story. I'd love to see your take on how the three of them work in this relationship. If anyone can write it, you can! For another - well - you are just that awesome. It's rare to find a fanfiction author as dedicated and talented as you, but you're definitely in my top three favorite!
Thanks for being so cool!
wildmageofgalla chapter 7 . 1/16/2012
Well. I'd like to start off with...EXCELLENT STORY!

Obviously, Sirius and Snape are quite OOC considering OOTP. Sirius (ignoring the, 'dead' part) had not and I doubt ever would grow up, especially concerning Snape. Snape holds a grudge not over a childhood dislike, some vague pranking and bullying, and what amounted to an accidental attempt on his life, but a continuous persecution, constant humiliation and vitriol, disregard for his life, at least one sexual assault, and the eventual loss of his love, Lily.

Therefore, the walls between the two break down far too quickly. Even in a world where their real past (if not future from OOTP on) is taken into account, I do believe that a reconciliation of sorts IS possible - to the point of friendship or more (especially if they actually had feelings for each other in school). But not at the speed it happens here. Eventually, there would be an acceleration, triggered by something, and confessions of some sort, but it couldn't start out nearly, NEARLY that fast.

Now, I'm not blaming you - lol, how could I? It's not like you could know anything revealed in OOTP, HBP, or DH. Considering what you had, it is fairly reasonable (if even a little too fast). I'm simply expanding on my thoughts so you know where I'm coming from.

See, this is one reason that I love post-GOF, but pre-OOTP fics. OOTP destroyed a lot of people's ability to expand on either of these characters, while unfortunately explaining certain things. You see, I only read Harry Potter maybe a year, year-and-a-half before OOTP came out. I remember that vagueness left at the end of GOF, the opportunities open past that (although, I was not aware of fanfiction at all until after HBP, and did not really read any until after DH had come out). However, my base interpretation of these two characters is almost firmly post-OOTP.

In OOTP, I learned irrevocably that Sirius never grew up. No really, he didn't. Though in a 36-year-old body, he's stuck forever at 21. Part of that isn't his fault - dragged into Azkaban at that age, he obviously wasn't in an environment conductive to personal growth, and I believe the dementers destroyed most of his ability to grow even after escaping. Even at 21 he wasn't particularly grown-up. He is shown as having little thought to consequences or the ability to see the repercussions of his actions or thinking things through to their conclusion as a teen, and this obviously never changed. He's more of a world-wise and idolized older brother to Harry than a father-figure or even a responsible adult (that position seems to be left to Remus). Not that that is *necessarily* bad - but I don't think he ever reached the maturity required of him to act as he did in your fic, and in few other of the post-GOF, pre-OOTP period fics either. Things that could be brushed aside in the previous books suddenly make more sense, and suddenly become a pattern of behavior.

In OOTP I also learned that Snape had a legitimate reason to hate the Mauraders, and at least a somewhat-legitimate reason to be the ...well, to be an ass. And that his behavior was more than likely a mixture of learned responses in horrid environments that eventually coalesced into the sneering personality we all know rather than just him being an ass to be an ass. I learned that he held onto and nursed his grudge with a passion even after all these years, consciously. In concerning Sirius, he kind of didn't grow up a whole lot either (though he did a whole lot better). Despite hating both Harry and Sirius, he DID go and check up on Sirius, and while there was questionable judgement involved in constantly baiting Sirius about his inability to do anything (ESPECIALLY on that night), it was the action of a bitter man antagonizing a childhood tormentor, not the action of treacherous man attempting to murder. In fact, the whole thing only reached the truly ridiculous heights it did because Sirius couldn't grow up. If Sirius could have made an attempt to see Snape as a human being, or better yet made an actual attempt to recognize his past behavior as unacceptable and not actively try to antagonize Snape, Snape likely would have done his best to just ignore Sirius altogether, and likely would have dealt with him little worse than the rest of ...well, everyone else when occasionally forced to interact with him.

Given OOTP knowledge, I cannot see a canon-wise reconciliation or friendship. BUT, given situations such as come up in fanfiction, I can imagine that if forced the two might come to an ...agreement or arrangement of sorts. It could work. Maybe. If Sirius could grow up, and if Severus could forgive him, I could see it happening.

Anyway, you didn't read this to listen to my in-depth analysis of Sirius and Snape. Hopefully, you understand where I'm coming from, my respect for your story, and the fact that I *loved* it.

Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to look for more of those post-GOF pre-OOTP stories I was talking about.
virus-of-blossoms chapter 7 . 6/25/2010
ahh, how I love happy endings.
JustDanny chapter 7 . 3/11/2010
Cute! Loved it, from the begin to the end; it's a great story, and I have to say I didn't imagine the end -siriusly, the three of them? It's worth a try, though!

And I have to say you've written it well. Very well.
Muirgen Monet chapter 1 . 9/19/2009
Awesome chapter, great way to start a story!
Artemis1000 chapter 7 . 1/31/2009
I love this story! The characterisation is lovely, especially how you keep them in-character when Sirius and Severus get that chance to deal with their past that canon never gave them. These chapters are a great character study and I love how from this, respect, companionship and finally love develop. Everything happens within a few days, but it doesn't seem rushed at all since you portray so well that they share two decades of history. That breakfast in Remus' cottage where they first realised that they feel comfortable with another and didn't quite know what to make of it, that made me smile like a madwoman. Although he comes late into the story, I love your Remus and the interaction he has with Sirius and Severus as well. Despite their scepticism, I can really see this arrangement working and working well.
TeWahineAniwaniwa chapter 7 . 12/6/2008
so sweet!
I'm Just Drawn That Way chapter 7 . 12/12/2007
Oh...My...GOD! Wizard Slash Polyamory! You, my dear Treacle Tart, are a genius.

Like Sirius & Severus, I expect this to end in disaster, but I'm so pumped that they all want to give it a try. Yay that Remus can't decide on one or the other, and decides on BOTH.

As always, this is extremely well written, too. I loved so many things about this story - Severus's thought process that led him to become intrigued by Remus, the development of Sirius & Severus's relationship over time, the Hooch factor and the crisis that led to the intensity of her relationship with Remus...

Your command of words is exceptional, as are your plot ideas. You've really outdone yourself with this one, and that, my dear, is DEFINITELY saying something.

Please keep writing!
Shella chapter 7 . 7/17/2007
Heavy going, but rewarding.

The animosity between Sirius and Snape was maybe underdone at the start; a lot of the emotional development seemed to be done by 'catch-up' or exposition, rather than demonstration - like it was starting in the middle. (More than could be accounted for by the fact that when the story started Remus had already been missing for a while.)

From a more personal view, this fic combined my two favourite ships (Snape/Lupin and Sirius/Lupin) and managed to convince me to care about one I previously didn't approve of at all (Sirius/Snape), so well done to you!
arobynsung chapter 7 . 5/22/2007
emptyword chapter 7 . 4/26/2007
Oh I adore it. Solid, beautifully-written, and tinged with the best of human emotion. At times, the characterizations seemed grossly off target, but there are also many defining lines sprinkled in that smack exactly of certain characters as depicted in canon.

I am thrilled to have found your account.
excessivelyperky chapter 7 . 4/10/2007
Wow! This is an excellent story, and I'm glad I found it. Bows.
ShesMyCHerryPI chapter 7 . 3/6/2007
...I think Albus needs a new hobby...he really gots to stop spying on his students...This was so mushy and i loved it!
ShesMyCHerryPI chapter 4 . 3/6/2007
find out later someone comes out and says YOUR ON CANDID CAMERA!