Reviews for Xenophilia
Shodaime Gahokage chapter 14 . 5/15/2018
On kuja demise as Dumbledore said "a pity"
Shodaime Gahokage chapter 13 . 5/15/2018
Red mage in FF9 all look like desperado.
DalkonCledwin chapter 15 . 12/24/2016
Actually… the blood wards are a myth of the fandom. The true magic that protected Harry all this time from Voldemort was the same sort of sacrificial “magic” that Jesus worked upon the crucifix in order to save the world from its sins, though in Harry’s case it was worked by his mother refusing to step aside from her protection of Harry despite Voldemort giving her ample chances to do so.

To be blunt it is a soul magic of the most powerful protective sort as it is a Divine Miracle. The true nature of the protections being based on Lily’s sacrifice are word of god, and if one remembers that the canonical novels are done in the same tradition as the Lord of the Rings, it isn’t hard to make the leap of it being a divine miracle, as these sorts of novels are intended to be modern versions of the Gospel Accounts.

ROFLMAO at Dobby’s verbal mangling of Zidane’s name… does Zidane realize what he is being called? Mikoto is forgivable, but that is just rude to Zidane… I love it! Sometimes I wonder if Dobby does that on purpose. He manages to get Harry’s name right every time after all…

Huh… that was actually a scarily accurate mangling of Freya’s name…

Hmm… wonder if Vivi’s Bio spell would work as a paint thinner? At the least it would hurt the serious fuck out of the annoying portrait, wouldn’t it? Worst case scenario, there is always a flare spell, not actually fire!

I just had the amusing thought of someone mystically forcing a duplicate of Raynare into Walburga’s portrait...
DalkonCledwin chapter 14 . 12/24/2016
Huh… so he doesn’t mind cannibalizing other planets but he at least realizes that it would be bad to eradicate all existence… kudos.

I honestly don't understand the hard on many fans have for Kuja or Sephiroth... to be blunt, Kefka is easily the most well developed Final Fantasy villain, and by far the most evil of them all. Seriously... Kefka poisoned an entire city's water supply for no better reason than the simple fact that he could do it and get away with it. Kefka is on the Joker's level of evil for evil's sake... and he's a clown too!
DalkonCledwin chapter 13 . 12/24/2016
I wonder what Kuja von Einzbern’s reaction to Gilgamesh is going to be… that is going to be entertaining to say the least.

I don’t know if anyone is reading my responses to you… but the Crystal to which you are referring is the “Master Crystal.” Each planet in existence has its own individual crystal, these are dubbed “Mother Crystals,” arguably the most famous Mother Crystal in popular culture is Hydaelyn, the Mother Crystal of the planet of the same name, who serves as the benevolent Goddess who guides the protagonist in the game of Final Fantasy XIV.

Compared to Hydaelyn and other Mother Crystals… the Master Crystal is what gives life to the universe, while Mother Crystals give life to individual planets. Another well known Mother Crystal is Minerva of Final Fantasy VII, who tends to actually manifest in human form, something that Hydaelyn has started doing after recent events.

In a true sense of the world, Ophis of High School DxD might as well be the human form of the Master Crystal, though there also characters in other franchises who could also qualify for that position, the One-Above-All from Marvel, and the Source from DC are two such examples.

The Master Crystal in the Final Fantasy franchise itself is directly represented by the character from “Dissidia Final Fantasy” known as “Cosmos” the Goddess of Harmony, though she isn’t the original representation of such, just the most recent.

Quatermass, I give you permission to quote that explanation verbatim in a follow up chapter in any of your stories that make reference to the Master Crystal, as it seemed obvious to me what you were referring to. It would also be the sort of thing Zelretch would be keeping close eye on to prevent just the sort of thing Kuja is trying to do, prankster he may be, but he likes living as much as the next person even if he is technically dead.
DalkonCledwin chapter 12 . 12/24/2016
Interesting that it is an exhaust vent… it just so happens that in certain science fiction genres… exhaust vents are a severe weakness… just look at the Death Star.
DalkonCledwin chapter 11 . 12/24/2016
You know... him being a Genome is going to play merry havoc with his future in the Wizarding World.
DalkonCledwin chapter 10 . 12/24/2016
YAY! Harry's first kiss... and this one was anything but soggy...
DalkonCledwin chapter 9 . 12/24/2016
Well… Harry’s royalty status is debatable… he is the last heir of both the Peverell and Potter lines, as well as the heir to the Black line… that is pretty massive all things considered… even if you don’t include things like the fandom idea that he stole Heir Slytherin and Malfoy away from their original owners. He could arguably even be a candidate for Heir Gryffindor given what transpired in the Chamber of Secrets. But anyways that is probably not something he has on any level realized.
DalkonCledwin chapter 8 . 12/24/2016
I believe that you made an error in terms of time scale. When Mikoto said that Gaia was not even a millennium old when Terra first attempted to merge with it… did you really mean that Gaia was less than 1,000 years old? If so… how was it not still a ball of molten rock?

To put this in perspective, the Planet Earth is 4.6 Billion Years old, and it was a lump of molten rock until that was constantly being bombarded by rogue comets and meteors until approximately 3.8 billion years ago, and at some point about 4.1 billion years ago the earth began cooling process. Life itself would not first emerge until between 3.8 billion and 2.5 billion years ago.

In summary, this means that it takes approximately 800,000,000 years after the original formation of a planet before life can safely emerge… that is far longer than the 1,000 years that a millennium is literally composed of. It takes even longer before a proper civilization can be formed. I believe the term you were looking for was an Eon, not a Millennium. Even still, it would have taken at least two Eon’s before sentient life began emerging, if Earth is anything to go by, which as it is our only real measure, it is unfortunately all we have to judge these things with.

Unless… is Mikoto a creationist? That would certainly paint a new light on Terra… Creationists espouse that the Earth is at most 8,000 years old despite massive and overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Proper syntax for Zidane’s question is “Kuja and I” you always list yourself after someone else in an “I” statement.
DalkonCledwin chapter 7 . 12/24/2016
Wow talk about understatements. I think if someone actually sat down and told Voldemort what was at stake here… he’d be the first to sign up for helping Harry deal with the meddlesome parasitic planet. The existence of such a planet runs directly counter to Voldemort’s entire modus operandi. He wants to live forever not be assimilated.
DalkonCledwin chapter 6 . 12/24/2016
Something tells me… Harry already absorbed the very souls Kuja seeks to claim, didn’t he?
DalkonCledwin chapter 5 . 12/24/2016
Wonder what Umbridge would make of a Qu… that should prove interesting.
DalkonCledwin chapter 3 . 12/24/2016
I think Harry will surprise Mikoto.
DalkonCledwin chapter 2 . 12/24/2016
No… I am afraid that both Garland and Snape took lessons from an even greater master… one Darth Vader, who himself took lessons from Batman ironically enough.

There is another character out there who is very much like Mikoto and Rei who you might want to look up, Yuki Nagato, my favorite character from the franchise she was from and the one who got most raw deal out of what ultimately caused the demise of the franchise, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Yuki is in many ways a Ayanami Clone in terms of both her appearance and demeanor, but eventually she develops proper emotions, and she isn't someone who is destined to bring about the apocalypse like Rei is. If anything Yuki is trying desperately to avert such a catastrophe, much like the majority of the rest of the cast... of course when your club leader is a petulant teenage godling who can rewrite reality to her whims, averting catastrophe is all part of the job description.