Reviews for The Sanctity of Snow
Tara Walden chapter 1 . 5/29/2010
AWW! It's so sad, but sweet at the same time. But wait... Why couldn't he be the DC Dare Devil? Matt Murdoch worked through it, why couldn't he? Hm...

But it was seriously pretty awesome. I really liked it. _

~Kanae~
Sunflare2k5 chapter 1 . 11/24/2009
I remember this story from years ago, even if I couldn't initially remember the author. It's still as great as ever!
M2 chapter 1 . 8/10/2008
Thank you. At last, a grammatically well-written, carefully planned fanfic that stays true to the characters. You have it all - tightly focused plot, realistic human emotions, truly canonical casting, and original direction. Your writing on this and other stories features neither the fanfic genre's cliche adolescent isolationism nor its transparent melodramatic sadism; and for that, you deserve exquisite praise. I look forward to reading your full-length novels, should you accomplish any.
Creative Spark chapter 1 . 12/12/2006
I enjoyed it but I was really hoping for there to be a Christmas miracle. Wah! Poor Dick!

-Creative Spark
Jubes2681 chapter 1 . 7/6/2006
This was a stunning story. I really enjoyed the back and forth between Barbara and Dick's POV. It was done well and I thought you wrote the characters perfectly. Did you ever write anything as a "part 2"? Hope to hear from you!

Jubes
Ratany chapter 1 . 12/2/2003
Hey if you get to be stubborn and not have handles on your chair, I can be stubborn and wear the glasses.
I don't know, this line just really stuck me. The plot was wonderful and stricking as well, but I just got stuck on this line.
liz012014 chapter 1 . 10/13/2002
This was such a bitter sweet story. It was really beautiful.
ArtisticAbandon chapter 1 . 5/23/2002
Wow. Just one word: WOW.

Very expertly written. I was very interested to see how Dick would cope with this suddenc change in his situation, and the comparison to Babs was very well done to. You especially had me teary when DG handed back his uniform to Bruce, and Bruce's reaction...

The ending, too, is great. Don't let anybody tell you otherwise. It takes great courage to step away from the so-called "norm" and write a not-so-happy ending. Besides, since when did life have a happy ending? You've definitely got on my list of fav fics.

Mind you, dare I get a little hopeful from the ending? A sequel would be nice, even if its as half as well-written as this one. Perhaps if it was only about, say, how Dick copes as he realizes (REALLY REALIZES) his nightlife is shot to pieces... or some way he finds to help him contribute or something... Oh, what the heck. I'm not the writer. You are.

So have fun! And keep up the excellant work!
Jade Daniels chapter 1 . 1/6/2001
I read this over at Birds of a Feather too. I still totally love it! _
Desaree chapter 1 . 1/2/2001
This story had potential but the ending was blown and that ruins it for me.
Zachary chapter 1 . 1/1/2001
I have mixed feelings about this story. Whereas it's obviously well written technically and I applaud the fact that you didn't give in to a fairy tale type ending, it still left me cold. I can't quite put my finger on what's missing, all I can tell you is it seems void of emotion. You didn't make me care about the characters. The only part that came close was Dick and Tim in the warehouse. That is by far the best part.
bk chapter 1 . 12/18/2000
This story is sooo beautiful. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. When I got to the end, it didn't disappoint me in the slightest. It just made go 'whoaaaaaa' Which is a good thing. Great story
Meg the fierce lady chapter 1 . 12/2/2000
*sobs* that was so cool. I was bawling my eyes out like a big baby! I think it's really good, keep it up!
John Westcott AKA Dr. Evil Too rushed to sign in LOL chapter 1 . 12/1/2000
It takes guts to steer away from the obvious happy ending and choose to end an Xmas fic like this, and for that I congratulate you. :) Not that the ending was sad, it was hopeful, just not a complete wiping away of what had been done during the story. It was expertly written, too. Well done. :)
Shoikana chapter 1 . 11/29/2000
Wonderful story! Although I would have liked to see Dick get his sight back, it's nice that it's not so predictable. I liked the toggle of the first person between Dick and Babs. And it's nice to know that all of his friends are looking after Bludhaven for him.. but I would expect no less of Dick's friends. When you're a wonderful friend, you get wonderful friends in return :)