Reviews for Ya'aburnee
matrixaffiliate chapter 1 . 7/24/2017
Best Blackinnon I've found yet!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/14/2016
Wonderful stunning story, your Sirius/Marlene feels like something out of a beautiful dream or cinematic Italian movie. Never doubt your abilities as a writer. This was something special :)
DobbyRocksSocks chapter 1 . 2/16/2016
This story killed me. Dead. No more Bex.

This is beautifully written. I'm so, so happy you chose not to make Sirius and Marlene all hearts and flowers, because it's never been how I've seen them. Sirius' speech about cause and effect towards the end absolutely broke my heart because it's so true and fits this story so perfectly that it actually hurts.

The end is horrible but brilliant for the story, and I really liked the last line, how it brought it back to their argument, and it more or less came full circle to the beginning.

Your descriptions throughout are flawless and the dialogue is brilliant. Thank you so much for writing this for me, I absolutely adore it.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/13/2016
Firstly, after reading the definition of the title, I really think that it is a very nice touch and suits your story well. It's rather bittersweet, which the word suggests.

I enjoyed that Sirius and Marlene spent the whole story together, talking, and that the returning reference of the stars was prominent in the story. It added a nice touch to the sweet, but terrible time they were going through.

The conversation flowed nicely and was believable. I liked how the conversation changed topics every so often, but the over-arching theme was always present and Sirius kept bringing it back to that.

I had a look at your profile and I am going to make the assumption (sorry if I'm wrong) that English is not your first language. With that knowledge, this was very well-written.

I will just point out a little grammatical issue I noticed throughout, in the hope that it will help you in the future. When you use dialogue, if you follow it with something like 'he said' then you need a comma. So, for example, ["Hello" he said] should be ["Hello," he said].

I hope that makes sense, and keep writing!
hillstar chapter 1 . 2/12/2016
This was a really beautiful Sirius/Marlene fanfic. I like that their relationship was kind of imperfect and contained conflict and yet there is so much passion and caring too. Your description of the night sky made their lives and their love for each other seem extremely fragile and transitory.

Sirius is so Sirius: a mass of destructive, rebellious, herioc, scared, brave, arrogant, hateful, loving contradictions. Even the way he immediately thinks of Lily's baby as Prongs 2.0 is very Sirius.

Marlene seems like the more earthy complement to Sirius. She mourns the futures that have been wasted and realistically accesses what may never come to be. The way that she's happy she never had an unborn child is so sad.

I also like how you recognized that what Voldemort would want would be for everyone to be scared and to hate. Sirius and Marlene show an amazing resistance to that, but in the end Sirius becomes what Marlene warned him against (maybe because Marlene isn't there to be with him anymore.)