Reviews for Take Me Back to Me
Palindrome310 chapter 18 . 1/5/2017
At first, I was thinking that Matthew was overreacting and being unjustly agressive to Sybil. Now I understand better that is underneath the anger there is a lot of fear. Honestly, thank God Sybil was there and the slap was needed! I can understand that it's easier to pretend that it isn't true that face and fix things, but Matthew, believe in Mary! You don't get to ruin this! Now I'm worried because she is having reasonable doubts. It's a mess and there are serious trust issues, I hope they make up but it will take a lot of effort.

Robert is terrible, I can't believe not even Sybil told Mary about Marigold, it seems all her family doubt Mary's ability to handle things, well, they hire someone to fake!date her, so...

I liked "Crawleys have a distorted concept of what we deserve"

Anna suggesting to order pizza and thinking of pizza, lol, that's me
Guest chapter 18 . 1/3/2017
Oh my, this Edith/Marigold reveal is very interesting! Makes you wonder if Edith's first book and her new one "Marchioness" were somewhat auto-biographical.

Robert is a bigger tyrannical jerk as this goes on. He banished Edith to as obscure a place he could come up with? Surprised Cora went along with it. And Sybil then never saying anything to Mary either. Marigold is their granddaughter and niece. It's the 21st Century, not 1923!

Nice to see this softening of Mary to Edith. Seems Mary has already developed a soft spot for Marigold. Can't wait for the next chapter to see what the whole story is about Edith's banishment. And Mary's reaction to how Robert treated Edith's situation.
Gretchie chapter 18 . 1/3/2017
I love this story! It's so well written and the characters are perfectly developed outside of the TV show. You flawlessly transitioned them into modern day. I also enjoyed getting to see Matthew's short temper. Although I wish Tom had made an appearance... :)
New Hogfan chapter 18 . 1/3/2017
I feel bad for Mary in this chapter.
The fact her family knew about Marigold but not her because Robert didn't want people to know shows Mary that she's not really part of the family. Instead she's just "people".
To make matters worse Sybil kept quiet about Edith, but had no problem telling others about Mary's situation. Another issue I have with the family is that they pushed Edith off to the side just because she has a child. Being a single mom has become very common so it's not like
she has to be embarrassed of herself and child. I think that when it comes to his family Robert is only thinking of himself and not what is best for his daughters. Mary and Edith should both tell Robert to go fuck himself.
The one good thing Sybil did was to get Matthew open his eyes to Mary's feeling for him. I have to say that something has to be done about Richard. He is truly evil in this story.
Jenwren chapter 18 . 1/2/2017
Loved this chapter, just prefect. Loved that Sybil gave him a good slap. Can't wait for the next chapter!
eyeon chapter 18 . 1/2/2017
Oh my. Just as Matthew faces the fact that Mary might not have been lying she starts concocting a story in her mind that he might be... what a tangled Web. And what is the Marigold story? Who knew Sybil could hit that hard? So much to look forward to in the next chapter. This one was lovely and by no means too long. Have a lovely vacay and wonderful New Year. Please be back soon!
Guest chapter 18 . 1/2/2017
Great! Can't wait to read the rest
timeandpixiedust chapter 18 . 1/2/2017
Noooo I never noticed that I was getting to the end of the chapter and it ends right there! I loved marigold, and Edith and Mary's moment. Anna and Sybil teaming up to help Matthew was awesome. I seriously can't wait for the next chapter!
Can't wait! Loved it!
Guest chapter 18 . 1/2/2017
Aha! We finally get to meet the reclusive Edith. And a scandal of her own - unmarried and the mother of Marigold. I wondered if there was a reason Edith was always avoiding the rest of the family.
So, Robert, Cora and Sybil knew all along, but Mary only now stumbles upon the discovery of Edith's secret. Hope the next chapter will have some backstory in it.
Was Edith "banished" by Robert to the backwaters of Yorkshire to hide the scandal?
Who is Marigold's father? Does it lend more to the scandal?

How will M/M straighten out their mess?

In a weird way, Tom did save Sybil from a big mistake (marrying Larry), but not sure I like the pushy way Tom went about it.
ShippingMaryandMatthewForever chapter 18 . 1/2/2017
such a great chapter and I'm glad to mary and edith being nice and caring together. I cant wait for the next chapter! :)
eyeon chapter 17 . 12/11/2016
I think they should have turned off their phones! Good parallel to Mary not accepting him in 1914 and him and his crazy wild imagination thinking the worst. Is Mary running away on the helicopter? That's seems to be a bad move too, but I'm hoping a small break up will lead to a big make up! Speaking of which I'm sort of surprised Tom published, I thought he'd find another way because now he's dug himself a huge hole and someone should probably take away his shovel! Will they ever get back togethet? You wrote a modern Larry who was even more dispicble than the original. So glad he is gone. The action really is speeding up, but don't feel like you need to end any time soon. I'd like much more of your great story telling!
Guest chapter 17 . 12/8/2016
Looking forward to the next chapter. I like that you put in a twist. Always love major fights with happy endings.
Palindrome310 chapter 17 . 12/9/2016
Matthew, Remember media is a liar! Follow your gut! You know the truth in your heart! Mary, don't run! *Long sigh!*

The contrast between their moment in bed before watching the videos and afterwards was painful. I didn't think there was a secret revealed because it isn't true, it's a media version of facts. On one hand, Matthew is acting his typical self-righteous but he signed for this. Why he doesn't believe her now? He should know better, media's version of Mary isn't the true Mary. If he stops listening to that and remembers all the moments they lived since Cannes, he will realise the truth. I thought he was going to be worried about his image but it's her feelings that bother him so, I'm trying to understand Matthew's behavior, and I think he's (unjustly) directing his fear that Mary will leave him or be taken from him to her. The video is like an excuse, he doesn't want to get hurt. I think he has at least one more lesson to learn in his way to recovery, I hope he sees sense before it's too late.

If they had the chance to fight and talk, they would have eventually being alright, sadly, that was cut short by Robert. It's understandable that Mary escaped because she was hurt, I think she will eventually be alright, her words to Sybil where the best, she has grown so much and she is strong.

Obviously, I want them to them to be together again! I have faith that what you have in plans will reunite them.

Even if it's false, I hate that the media showed Mary in the worst angle again. It's so unfair (but sadly accurate) that she is the evil, manipulative one when both of them were in the fake dating plan. It's probably because she is the famous Crawley.
Guest chapter 17 . 12/7/2016
Umm i have always loved this story but this chapter makes no sense. Matthew has known from the beginning that they are supposed to fake date. He is paid to date Mary. So I do not understand why he is acting the injured party now. He knows that they relationship starts off badly...
319 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »