Reviews for Before Bonnie Blue
gabyhyatt chapter 1 . 8/12
Great fic
Truckee Gal chapter 1 . 5/19
Rhett did a fine job of easing Scarlett's frustration over being pregnant. Thoughtful gifts of pretty maternity clothes and footwear helped pull her out of her melancholy. Spending time together at home drew them closer together. That and curbing his belittling of her was a sure sign Rhett was actually quite eager to welcome a child with Scarlett. At Rhett's insistence their newborn would be a daughter, it was great fun when Scarlett insisted on selecting a name for a son. That she remembered the fondness he had for his grandfather meant a lot to Rhett. This story feels comfortable and heartwarming ... very well-written, too. Glad you teamed up to get this posted!
Kat chapter 1 . 6/20/2017
Poor Rhett! So much expectation he the seasoned gambler drops his cards face up ... more stories please!
Oof chapter 1 . 9/10/2016
Hehe very good
MaryFan1 chapter 1 . 3/5/2016
This is so cute and very in character.
Josphine chapter 1 . 2/27/2016
Love this story, very well written...
rubeanddodo chapter 1 . 2/20/2016
Ha! Very witty your use of Pansy for Scarlett. A wonderful read from the two of you. I still miss "How We Do Run On" - one of the best things ever.
Scarlett Jaimie chapter 1 . 2/19/2016
Aw, such a lovely story! Thank you for this.

Rhett showing how much he cares by buying her things to relieve her boredom but Scarlett too obtuse (once again) to grasp his reasons.

I truly laughed when you brought 'Pansy' into the story. Thank heavens that MM decided to change that ghastly name! And very clever how you wove Rhett's unknown middle name and his pirate granddad into the story.

The last part was bittersweet, as always with these two; Scarlett obviously feeling the attraction to Rhett when he rubs her palm and Rhett clearly hoping her consideration re his grandfather's name is a sign of love for him. If only...

I hope this one shot has inspired Bugsie to write some more on her Wade story. If not, I suggest Isolabella calls in one of the million favours she undoubtedly owes her and gets her to work on it :p
Rina chapter 1 . 2/16/2016
Loved it! Captured their characters wonderfully!
Guest chapter 1 . 2/16/2016
nice! lovely idea.
I Dream of Spring chapter 1 . 2/15/2016
Loved it. I LOL'd on several occasions, not least the discussion of Pansy O'Hara. What MM was thinking when she originally named Scarlett that I'll never know.

Totally in character, and an awesome explanation of how they arrived at the name. As an aside, I always wondered if Rhett actually wanted babies when he married Scarlett, or if his love for Bonnie came as a pleasant unexpected surprise.

I feel silly for asking, but I assume at the end Rhett was asking Scarlett to call in the debt and he would tell her his middle name?

So well written.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/15/2016
"Most babies seem to have names. I imagine ours should be no different." -this part made me laugh! I have always wondered why Scarlett could not be a little bit kinder to Rhett, at least out of thankfulness for giving her all she desired If this story had been true, maybe Scarlett would have realised Rhett really cared for her, even for her unanalitical mind that should have become obvious. Great story, I enjoyed it very much!
Carol CR chapter 1 . 2/14/2016
Thanks for this lovely treat! I really enjoyed it! Gorgeous !
Guest chapter 1 . 2/14/2016
This was a little gem of a story, thank you so much for sharing it. MM simply says "the name they chose for the baby was". You really can imagine that the discussion may have been similar to your story. R&S so very much in character. Loved it.
sj372419 chapter 1 . 2/14/2016
They seemed so happy, in those early days. Like the banter back and forth. Interesting way the baby's name was chosen, again for Scarlett all that glitters, and no gold. Like the way you use the dialogue to build the characters and scenes. Thanks for this sharing of your writing!