Reviews for Parseltongue is Really Very Ordinary
A Businessman chapter 23 . 10/11
imagine seeing a note at the beginning of lockhart's next book: "My thanks to Teenage-You-Know-Who for proofreading the early drafts of this book."
hpfanscs chapter 27 . 8/3
I have enjoyed this story and the previous one. Your Harry is very realistic. He really doesn't understand that he has been verbally and otherwise abused. Even Snape can't get through to him. I imagine Snape's reaction to the crystal Lily inheritance is a reaction to Dumbledore's interference in his life. It would help so much if Snape would let Harry know about the picture. But everyone to their secrets which is a foundation to the series and the cause of so much conflict. Your story is well written. Thank you.
so perfect it hurts chapter 27 . 6/27
I am so enjoying this series. You do an excellent job of writing a very clever character who still makes mistakes due to his knowledge and emotions at the time. It's a hard line to walk, but you do it beautifully. I'm also enjoying the expansion of the relationship between Harry and Snape.
One sentence stood out to me *warning spoilers* when tom riddles spirit said " the original part is gone" speaking of it's soul piece I suppose. I wonder if that means QuirrelMort is dead (and the soul can feel when this happens)? Or if Ginny wrote about Harry defeating Voldemort and Tom just assumed he is dead .

Straight onto the next sequel.
Thanks for writing!
- SPIH
EmeraldGem92 chapter 27 . 5/28
Once again you'e written an amazing fan fiction! I look forward to continuing the series and really hope it has an ending and doesn't just get cut off.
LadyRainDancer chapter 27 . 5/28
Excellent story telling yet again, off to the next one!
Samwise chapter 27 . 4/18
The extension charm within an extension charm problem seems strange to me, didn’t Hermione do just that with a tent and handbag in The Deathly Hallows?
Laurel G. White chapter 13 . 3/25
I typically review at the end of binging a series, but I was compelled to say a few things:
- Really enjoying this uptick of humor, with the brief conversations with Draco (last chapter) and the twins (this chapter)!
- The Neville narrative and empathy the boys share is beautiful.
- VERY much appreciating this sneaky correspondence with Quirrell!mort. I've read quite a few fics with reasonable!TomRiddle or obliviated!TomRiddle, but they usually play out differently, so I'm loving your story so far.
- Also, this was quite a few chapters back, but your inclusion of the Slytherin Quidditch player apologizing to Harry for the unwarranted spell was a really nice way to flesh out the subtleties of the family alliance system.
Two thumbs up from me so far!
FFFudgeUp chapter 27 . 3/9
Love the way you handled the Heir of Slytherin debacle and the issue of Snape. Great story! Love the series
Haleo6 chapter 27 . 2/22
This is one of my favourite hp fics ahhh
Guest chapter 17 . 12/23/2019
This is the type of “make sense” dialogue and characterization that many fanfics lack. Snape here is definitely less sinister than Canon Snape, but it’s to be expected.
TacoKing23 chapter 5 . 12/3/2019
Possible minor inconsistency: Vegans. While I am fairly certain they have always existed, I am pretty sure they didn't really become a major societal irritant until at least the 2000's. I don't think they were shunned enough in 1992 for 12-13 year olds to be aware of, let alone make jokes about.

Granted, I could be totally wrong. I know I didn't hear about vegans until the 2000's, but I am a singular data point, and I have never thought to look into it.
Guest chapter 27 . 11/22/2019
Overall, I found this story quite enjoyable. I especially like the inclusion of the rainbow serpent since it’s not something I’ve ever seen before and I hope there will be more detail on that in the next fic.
Neakco chapter 27 . 10/17/2019
I really love your take on character development in this series. I will admit to binge reading and getting so enthralled that I forget to review.

I love as well the development you give to all the characters and not just Harry. It is nice to read a story that makes the characters very human instead of 'perfect'

I plan to continue binge reading the series and will try to comment at least once per story. But again I get so enthralled by the characters and story telling that I do not even always realise I have clicked to the next chapter.
Guest chapter 24 . 10/15/2019
Awwww. He had to become friends with Ron again? I am a bit biased against him, but still... I have to admit I doubt I would’ve forgiven Ron enough for him to become my close friend again, but I haven’t had the same experience as Harry, have I? You know, it’s kind of ironic that Ron, who warned him of backstabbing Slytherins, backstabbed him!

I can’t wait to see what you come up with for Remus Lupin, and Barty Crouch Jr./Alastor Moody, OH even better - Umbridge! I recently found a fic where Umbridge raises Harry, but I haven’t got round to reading it yet! Maybe this will be similar to the Jr. Inquisitor story I read a few years back? I guess we’ll have to wait and see!

Good luck with the rest of the story!