Reviews for Parseltongue is Really Very Ordinary
Dark-Prince-of-Clowns chapter 4 . 3/23
I understand that Harry is an idiot about/does not understand the power he vield through his fame, but why does not Parkinson help him get his house back?

Not only would he rid the world of a momentum to the Dark Lords destruction -something Voldie may reward when he returns (I am pretty sure he or his father was a Death Eater. Maybe both) but Harry would owe him a pretty damned big favor -because the sentimentality attached to the house would make Harry overvalue what Mr. Parkinson's help was worth.

And ONE meeting with Fudge where Harry casually mentioned that Rita Skeeter had been eager to interview him, and what would the wizarding public say when they heard that the Ministry had STOLEN the family home of the orphant boy-who-lived, withoyt so much as asking permission or paying him for it, and denying him his own inheritance?

Fudge would quake in his shoes at there mere THOUGHT of what the sentimental light side witches and wizards would do when they learned how their precious hero was robbed of what is rightfully his. Many may agree a landmark is good, but not without the misistry paying the poor child.

And he'd piss his pants at the thought of what the PUREBLOODS would do when they learned how the ministry basically CONFISCATED private property belonging to an ancient pureblood family like that!

THEY understand the meaning of the word "presidence" in court.
And if it happened to someone as famous as Harry, who's to say it can't happen to them?

Fudge may be many (very bad) things, but he is NOT an idiot. Especially not in politics.

He'd do ANYTHING to stop THAT story from coming out!

And Rita is infamous for refusing to obey anyone, she does not care about threats, and the ONLY thing she loves more than a jucy story is a jucy story that hurts people she dislike. (According to PotterWiki, she's Vengeful as all Hell.)

And she'd be sure to drag in her favorite "old dingbat" as the chief warlock of the wizgammon, and happily drag the ministry down with him.

And that's without counting just how jucy that story is in itself.

He'd have his home back before the sun set, or at least as fast as Fudge could file the papers. Guaranteed.
Will Harry ever stop being so naive about Quirrel and Vernon? Somewhat tedious
Dark-Prince-of-Clowns chapter 3 . 12/4/2023
People who claim that no one could possibly be happy while being slaves clearly have not known anyone in the BDSM comunity.

There used to exist a country (well, "country", smaller than the Vatican but had everything including their own currency and laws) dominated by women, where men would actually PAY to sign away their freedom to a choosen owner. As legally binding as such a contact CAN be, mind you.

Houseelves love belonging to a family, that's just how they think and feel. There's nothing wrong with that.

If Hermione GENUINELY cared about the houseelves, she'd listen to what THEY wanted.

But she doesn't give a shit about the houseelves. She just cares about her own moral views, and screw who she hurts with them.

The best way to help houseelves would be to have a law against abuse made, and have houseelves be allowed to change families if they want to.

The first everyone from the lightside, muggleborns, and maybe a couole from the Dark would agree on.

The last part would be a really hard sell, as no one wants the fickle whims of their servants to risk them loosing it. So the best she can hope for (without pulling a Voldemort and go for world domination) would be that they can appeal for a change if they feel mistreated, and some coucil of wizards will look into it -kinda like children or animal protection services would. (Although wizards could monitore it better if they wanted too.)

But I love the conflicting worldview clashes in your story. _

No culture is ever all right or all wrong; they just have different Values than the other culture.

Who's to say what is genuinely right?

We can only truly see the world from the Values we hold ourselves. Anything that goes against those Values will always feel wrong.

And neither party is ever more right than the other. Since Values are PURE opinions.

(Unless there really is some sort of divine being to decide it, but even if there were, why should they have the right to decide what is right or wrong?
Even if you create life, it doesn't give you the right to rule over it.
...nor does it make it wrong.

Right and wrong is always in the eye of the beholder.

Morals are complicated like that.)
Dark-Prince-of-Clowns chapter 2 . 12/4/2023
I love the little twists to the origional plot in this chapter. Very realistic and well-written. _

And I don't know why Harry doesn't just set the crazy elf on dumbledore.

If I was in his shoes I'd just go "I'd love to stay safely at hom, but the only way I can do that is if dumbledore say I can stay home. So if you can make dumbledore let me stay home and be safe, I'll be happy to."

Then laugh as I watched the old goat deal with the crazyness of a suprisingly inventive houseelf on amission.
SunPho3n1x chapter 27 . 11/27/2023
Such a great story! I love it every time I read it. Thank you for writing this!
Soraslove chapter 3 . 6/1/2023
Man, hermione's parents are just as annoying as her!
GreengrassRebel chapter 13 . 3/5/2023
What Pansy said to the Hufflepuff in the library is one of the Slytherin things everrrr.
Guest chapter 27 . 3/1/2023
This story is just getting better and better with every tome. I already loved the first year in Hogwart and would be completely satisfied if the second match it's level, but hey, little did I know how many more plots are waiting to unfold. Chapeau bas! I really enjoyed your slow character development, and your Hermione's portrait is as canon as I have ever seen in a fanfic. It is nice to see balanced characters that have both strong traits and flaws. I never particularly liked Ron in the original book series, but you manage to present all his worst traits and habits in a way that made me feel sorry for him, and hope that he will outgrow his weaknesses. I really liked your version of Chamber of Secrets quest. Let's hope it's not the last time we hear about Lockhart's adventures, he is truly hilarious. I am a little sceptical about Snape being so composed and mature, but I guess it could be explained by seeing only snippets of his life, where all "self-reflections" and "growing up" is done behind the curtains. Can't wait to dive once more in your amazing and truly magical word!
nif-ravenpuff chapter 19 . 2/12/2023
I love this series and the different take on many characters. I even find myself going back and forth on the pro-Harry presumption a reader must usually default to. At this point (mid-chapter 19) I’m thinking “You know what Harry, if that ring comes your way, go ahead and put it on, I dare you.”
Guest chapter 27 . 12/20/2022
I am loving this series! It’s amazing.
Guest chapter 23 . 12/20/2022
“Horror at Hogwarts” is tale of the mysterious Basalisk and the oh so courageous Gilderoy Lockhart which tells the story of his great triumph over the monster.
Guest chapter 20 . 12/20/2022
This is worse than what happened with Quirrel!
Guest chapter 17 . 12/20/2022
He reminds you of Tom Marvolo Riddle I would guess.
Guest chapter 9 . 12/20/2022
Ooooooh
Guest chapter 2 . 12/20/2022
It’s fanon, bu it’s widely used, so it’s probably alright.