Reviews for Parseltongue is Really Very Ordinary
Jimbocous chapter 27 . 10/27
Thanks for another great read!
Enjoying this series thank you!
Dark-Prince-of-Clowns chapter 17 . 7/29
I LOVE and ADMIRE the way you subtly hint at Snape using Legimency without saying it!

You have moments of giving too much dry info that makes you fall out of the story and scroll past (like the long writing about the snake in that book) but you also have some absolutly amazing writing skills that few others have! _

Also; Good work to not make Hermione flawless.

Especially since she is not remotly intelligent-she just studies very, VERY hard. In a REALLY stupid way.

Teachers prefer SHORTER essays, not longer. Because if you can't explain a topic -ANY topic- in a few short sentences, it shows you do not actually understand said topic.

Longer essays will always show only that you can copy what a book say, much like a copy-machine can. It does NOT show that you actually UNDERSTAND it.

And Hermione's tendency to directly quote books instead of explaining what those words MEAN, paired with her lower-than-Harry preformance in the physical aspect of magic, shows that Harry is actually MUCH smarter than her.

Because Harry read the topic once and write a half-assed essay to match Ron's low grade (in canon, having replaced dudley with Ron as the one to match out of fear for his jealousy tantrums) and he gets the spell equally fast, faster, or close to as fast, as Hermione -with all her around the clock hard work- does.

...actually... she might be stupid, come to think of it. Because her hard work is what she needs just to keep up. (Although I honestly think she just have bad study habits. There's a ton of books on the subject of how to study that could have made her work a fraction as hard as she does.)

Of course, your version of her is bound to be influenced by those around her in your story, but I'm glad you are wise enough to not make her act overly smart. _
Dark-Prince-of-Clowns chapter 16 . 7/29
Huh. Actually, Lucius' reasoning for the gifted diary make sense... even if I personally was convinced it would have a...what's-it-called charm on it -that thibg that when you write in one book the writing appears in a second, linked book.

Something on P...? *Knocks my fist on my head* Nope, sorry. Can't remember the name, but I'm 85% sure it's a canon thing and not just in fanfics.

Anyway... I expected him to want to see what secrets he had. But I guess I was wrong. Lol
Dark-Prince-of-Clowns chapter 15 . 7/29
Considering it is Hermione and Neville that was Harry's FIRST friends, and he now has a whole bunch of them... WHY would he EVER want a fair-weather gold-digger like Ron back? Oo

He has no deeprooted psychological attachment to him, nor an equally deeprooted fear of loosing him -because those are teansfered to Neville and Hermione.
And less strong because he has so MANY friends now.

Ron was a shitty friend in canon, and he's a shitty friend in your story.

Why would he even consider taking him back, never mind hoping he'll "come around"?
Dark-Prince-of-Clowns chapter 7 . 7/28
Small note you may have missed... (Because J.K. Rowling Tweeted this tidbit of info)

Hogwarts is paied for in FULL by the Ministry of Magic.
(Just like british schools are -with the exception of a few posh private schools)

So your Mcgonnigal is lying to Harry in this chapter. (Even if it may be a lack of info on the writer's behalf causing it. Lol)

That said, students still have to pay for school supplies -those are not covered.

(Although there may be some sort of found for orphans like Tom Riddle -because how else could he have afforded his books and uniform? But the Weasley's still have to buy everything with not enough money for it.)

You may want to change that bit. _

(Or at least twist the section so that it's a school trip they tried to draw money for or something like that -which is less likely to be covered by the goverment.)

In brittain schools and medical care is free for everyone -and J.K. Rowling is as british as they come, and aside from the medival prison-system and their equally medival treatment of the criminaly insane (like dear Bella), she does appear to have modelled the wizarding world after england.

And more or less modernised the things we take for granted. (Like free healthcare and schools.)
MiriRa chapter 5 . 6/19
Oh no hermione is That Vegan Teacher (._.)
BerserkLittleCook chapter 27 . 6/6
I'm glad to see Harry being confronted with his abnormality finally. He might not be ready to face it himself, but it will at least make him think. I'm also glad for Severus to get some closure. I don't think you're a Snape-lover or trying to clear him. He's still the one responsible for his actions in his youth and he's still a bully and a biased teacher at best. But I can still appreciate his emotional journey
BerserkLittleCook chapter 15 . 6/5
Thank you for the cookies! Malfoy is obviously testing Harry, the question added to the gift made it clear.
BerserkLittleCook chapter 7 . 6/4
I don't know if you still read reviews years after publication, but I wanted to say it's disgraceful that you needed to defend the strong points of your story from people who don't understand what quality is. Complaining about Smart Harry not being an eleven year old Dumbledore with eidetic memory is like complaining your chocolate ice cream doesn't sprout legs and jump out of the window. You've been doing a consistently good job, keeping Harry's goals and motivations clear and consistent, efficiently hinting at other people's secret motivations and actions without going out of the third-person-limited perspective. I honestly wish I could write as well and I'm shocked people don't appreciate your work. I'm guessing fanfiction readers are used to things being too obvious or over-the-top
mumphie chapter 27 . 5/14
Another enjoyable story. I shall go on to see the next.
mumphie chapter 13 . 5/13
I do hope that Harry finds out that Vernon lied to him about being lactose intolerant. I can see Vernon ranting about Harry being stupid and letting it slip. Well, I shall read on to see if something like that happened. ;)
mumphie chapter 4 . 5/13
Just wondering, will Harry think of asking if he or his family had been PAID for the Ministry confiscating his house?
JanuaryLestrange chapter 27 . 3/13
I love logical Harry trying to figure out locations. Still waiting for the penny ti drop for Harry on Snape v Quirrel and wondering if Snape is mad at himself or livid with Dumbledore.
JanuaryLestrange chapter 21 . 3/12
Ok, even my laziness can’t withstand the need to applaud how brilliant this chapter is. Lockhart fighting Voldemort because his face is going to rot… Harry thinking about Dumblrs and calling for Dobby. Dueling snakes battling heirs of Slytherin. Beautiful! Brava!