Reviews for Parseltongue is Really Very Ordinary
BerserkLittleCook chapter 7 . 6/4/2022
I don't know if you still read reviews years after publication, but I wanted to say it's disgraceful that you needed to defend the strong points of your story from people who don't understand what quality is. Complaining about Smart Harry not being an eleven year old Dumbledore with eidetic memory is like complaining your chocolate ice cream doesn't sprout legs and jump out of the window. You've been doing a consistently good job, keeping Harry's goals and motivations clear and consistent, efficiently hinting at other people's secret motivations and actions without going out of the third-person-limited perspective. I honestly wish I could write as well and I'm shocked people don't appreciate your work. I'm guessing fanfiction readers are used to things being too obvious or over-the-top
mumphie chapter 27 . 5/14/2022
Another enjoyable story. I shall go on to see the next.
mumphie chapter 13 . 5/13/2022
I do hope that Harry finds out that Vernon lied to him about being lactose intolerant. I can see Vernon ranting about Harry being stupid and letting it slip. Well, I shall read on to see if something like that happened. ;)
mumphie chapter 4 . 5/13/2022
Just wondering, will Harry think of asking if he or his family had been PAID for the Ministry confiscating his house?
JanuaryLestrange chapter 27 . 3/13/2022
I love logical Harry trying to figure out locations. Still waiting for the penny ti drop for Harry on Snape v Quirrel and wondering if Snape is mad at himself or livid with Dumbledore.
JanuaryLestrange chapter 21 . 3/12/2022
Ok, even my laziness can’t withstand the need to applaud how brilliant this chapter is. Lockhart fighting Voldemort because his face is going to rot… Harry thinking about Dumblrs and calling for Dobby. Dueling snakes battling heirs of Slytherin. Beautiful! Brava!
crimson hearts chapter 26 . 2/28/2022
oh one day if he learns occlumency he can go back and view the memory of that letter or maybe a pensive would help. though by the time any of that happens I imagine he won't care for whatever he had to write to him.
crimson hearts chapter 25 . 2/27/2022
I meant to say before but does Lucias maybe think harry is really now being possessed by voldemort. I mean it would be hilarious if he just pretends to be so and has him gift his house elf to him to do the menial muggle work while he lays low in hiding pretending not to be back. oh it would be so funny. the things he could get up to.
crimson hearts chapter 24 . 2/27/2022
oh I hope he doesn't just be his friend again. acquaintances ok but friends? no. I hope not.
crimson hearts chapter 15 . 2/27/2022
I almost feel like the diary is going g to be sharing what he writes either with him or voldemort. either as to have a conversation or just letting them see whatever he writes in it without him even knowing. voldemort has been so curious as to what info he has.
crimson hearts chapter 13 . 2/27/2022
love this story and can't wait to get through all the years. I have to say I love his relationship with both those in his house and in slytherin. very fun.
Berret Kitty chapter 27 . 1/12/2022
Wonderfully in-depth character interactions and pureblood etiquette. :)
Gazuzin chapter 27 . 1/2/2022
Thanks for this wonderful fic
Ninushka chapter 27 . 12/18/2021
Your story and the alternative universe absolutely sucked me in and I'm neglecting sleep and baking Christmas cookies to read more of your stories lol. I just came across your stories and been binge reading for the last 2 days. Your writing is so captivating and well thought of. I can't wait to read the next part in the series!
NWFairyGodmother chapter 27 . 12/7/2021
I wonder if as a writer of fan fiction, do you spend much time reading it? I ask that because I don't know how much of a reader you are, but you are one hell of a writer! I can not find words enough to tell you how much I enjoy reading a story that is at the level you seem to achieve so effortlessly. I can see from your author notes that the amount of research you do is incredible. another thing I want to mention is the length of the chapters in your stories. it is SO NICE to read a chapter that actually is the length of a real chapter. far too often I have seen stories that consider a paragraph or two to be something that is considered a chapter. in no way do I mean to criticize or insult other writersundoubtedly they are doing their best- but their best is far below the bar you have set. that is in a way rather discouraging for me, because I believe I have become quite spoiled reading your work. I did finally find a time reference as to when this was written and I am quite a bit of time away from then as it is currently December 2021
perhaps you will still get notifications from FF that people are still enjoying and commenting on your work. it does leave me to think that you have had a couple of years since these were written so perhaps, if I am lucky, you have continued to write in those years and I will have much to look forward to reading. thank you so very much for sharing your talent and posting your work here. it is very much appreciated!
726 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »