Reviews for Parseltongue is Really Very Ordinary
Albertasteinthe21st.genius chapter 27 . 10/22/2017
Interesting:)
Innieminnie chapter 1 . 10/6/2017
Oh, poor Harry...There just aren't very many adults he can truly trust around him... they'll all have selfish motives...actually, the only person I would trust with Harry's secrets would be Professor Snape. Alas.
Innieminnie chapter 23 . 10/6/2017
Oh good, I kind of really took a shine to Lockhart. To be honest, he's my favorite DADA professor, despite his...less than legal use of the memory charm. I just take interest in really unique and unbelievable characters. It totally boggles my mind that even while knowing he sucks at all spells except memory charms, he still tries to heal Harry's arm and teach a spell he made up (the pixies).
Innieminnie chapter 21 . 10/6/2017
OH MY GOD. This was by far the funniest chapter I've read in this series. Oh Lockhart, undefeatable only in the wake of less fans and his appearance. I've got to admire that dedication. And it totally blindsided me that Riddle was in control of Lockhart too! Good job xD! Lol, I love how he called upon Dobby and not Bumble-more. I laughed at that part too. Still, it was a good move; now Dumbledore won't be able to collect a life debt. heh.
Innieminnie chapter 20 . 10/6/2017
Poor Draco, so delusional. Anyways, Lockhart just lost any respect Harry had for him. Probably. He did forgive Quirlmort for stupifying him. But then again, he's more charming and less of an idiot when it comes to magic. I do wonder at Lockhart's proficiency with anything other than memory charms...but, he can't be that bad if he had legitimate talent at one point and only neglected it out of being vain.
Innieminnie chapter 19 . 10/6/2017
Hmm. Wonder if that Heir ring is his Horcrux...
Innieminnie chapter 18 . 10/6/2017
I do hope he also includes the message Lilly left for him with the crystal Lilly. I will cry if he doesn't. This is not a threat. It is a promise. Okay it's not really, but I will be sad!
Innieminnie chapter 6 . 10/6/2017
I actually did a bit of research on Lockhart, I'm glad you didn't automatically put him in a bad light. He is quite Slytherin, isn't he? Actually... I'm far too forgiving to judge people. Everyone has reasons for doing what they do, and no one's inherently evil; which means that for me, I can't simply wish harm on the Dursleys or Professor Lockhart despite what they've done or are doing. That's actually kind of scary...would I even forgive someone who's kidnapped me once I know what happened to make them that way? I'd probably feel sorry for them too. I do feel for Voldemort after all...and I don't blame him for the choices he made, and am horrified on his behalf that he felt the need to sever his soul to live.
Innieminnie chapter 3 . 10/6/2017
Well! So it has something to do with the wards hmm? I guess Dumbledore only told the students and not the parents about what happened down the trapdoor on the third floor, eh? or maybe just his suspicions about it being Voldemort, can never start recruiting too early right?
Innieminnie chapter 2 . 10/6/2017
Awh man, I'm really digging this Slytherin Harry! You've done a very good job at expressing exactly why the sorting hat wanted him in Slytherin. Also, maybe the Parkinson's are ignoring him because of what happened with Prof. Q and the Philosopher's stone. They wouldn't know about what really happened, after all.
Denubis chapter 27 . 9/24/2017
oof. that final conversation with Snape was well done.
Denubis chapter 21 . 9/24/2017
... oh no.

just... oh no.

this rather ties in with my pondering on a prior response you had to a receiver regarding "snapping out of itof which I am profoundly happy that you note there is nothing to snap out of). I find it interesting that Harry doesn't have any... hints... of various modal mental disorders relavite to abused children. I also understand that this isn't that sort of fic, but I am interested to note how, in his day to day life, balanced and apparently well adjusted Harry is. of course, there are the trust issues (very well written, those. the "I cannot allow myself to think of it" blind spot resonates well and is acted upon.

Anways, just musing. I am delighted with how you wrote lockheart this chapter.
Stillness Tolls chapter 27 . 9/23/2017
I'm more of commenting on the latin. It makes sense to me that it would be called Vulgar Latin because in Latin Vulgar means common. it's used a lot in botanical names for plants, and I'm sure other kingdoms of life as well. Calluna vulgaris for example is Common heather.
Denubis chapter 16 . 9/23/2017
Oh deary me. A dropbear predator. I can stop putting Vegemite behind my ears now.

... I wonder how it gets on with hoop snakes?

Also, living here in Sydney, the dash of local culture is great.
The Jingo chapter 27 . 9/13/2017
This entire series is very interesting.
735 | « Prev Page 1 .. 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 .. Last Next »