Reviews for Marked
ChristyWIX chapter 22 . 11/16
That was not nearly as awful as I thought it would be. I do not mean that your writing would be awful no, not that. I thought it would be painful to read how she still blamed Edward and Bella. It actually was quite the opposite. She doesn't wish them happiness and rainbows and one would not expect her to. However, she does realize that their marriage had been over for years before he asked for the divorce. I also liked that she finally realized that both Bella and Edward spoke the truth when they said nothing happened before they separated. I also really, really like the idea of Tanya and Eric. They both have the same career and both understand that it comes first. Even if it turns into nothing but a romp in the sheets, at least he said some things that resonated with her. Maybe she can finally put it all behind her and move forward. I liked this chapter. I really liked the whole story. Thank you for sharing your imagination with us here. ~Christy
ChristyWIX chapter 21 . 11/16
Sounds like Bella got the right fit with her new job with Erik Yorkie. He seemed fair and kind, from the little scene we had with him and Bella. I did really like how she skirted the question, yet answered it at the very same time. Letting Erik know that once he hired her, he would understand the reason. It was a very nice thing that Tanya did by sending Erik that glowing letter of recommendation. Also one from Eleazar. Very kind of him to send along what he felt Bella did with absolutely no experience in that field. I really enjoyed the meet the family part of this chapter. They all really like her. Even Rose warmed up to her. Bella moving her schedule around to make the recital, was wonderful. I think that Edward was shocked by the sentiment. Very good ending. Marked Complete, marked complete, lol. That was funny and I'll check to see if you posted it, after this.
ChristyWIX chapter 20 . 11/16
I loved every bit of this chapter. I really liked Eleazar and all the wonderful things he said to Bella about her professionalism and her work. He was so very kind. I hope he never finds out the truth, as that may hurt him. I absolutely loved that Bella went and spoke with Tanya. She took the high road and it was wonderful. She did not fight back when provoked, she stayed calm. She did what Edward downright refused to do and let Tanya ask her questions. Answering them as best she could without attempting to hurt her more than she already was. She could've went off on Tanya and told her all the things she thought about all those months when she was choosing work over Edward. How she didn't have the ability to multitask. If Tanya had that ability, maybe she could've been on their sofa every night working on her work, while Edward sat there watching TV. It would be them together, spending time together. Nope, Bella went high and just answered honestly. I really liked that she started with the article that was on her desk during Bella's interview. It was a great way to remind her of her very own words.
ChristyWIX chapter 19 . 11/16
I loved how happy Bella and Edward were for the whole first three quarters of this chapter. I am NOT surprised in the least that Tanya threw her childish tantrum. She just can NOT accept that SHE caused this in her marriage. Edward was hanging on by a thread as it was. Emmett and his dad had already spoken to him for the past several months about him possibly leaving the marriage in order for him to have happiness. Bella had nothing to do with what happened between Edward and Tanya. Tanya will never see that though. She will prefer to believe that Bella came in and seduced her husband and stole his heart. That is really quite sad too. At least Bella was already speaking of looking for another job. I have no doubts that Embry and Jake will let her live in their apartment rent free until she comes across another job. Although, I am also quite sure that Tanya will break Bella and her career just out of spite. She most likely won't even put Bella's name to her very own article. I just wish that Bella would've stood up to Tanya better. Bella is not a weak little mouse to be trampled over and sadly, that just happened. Also, her article was completed and sent in. Just because Tanya is a damn workaholic, does not mean Bella is. She has all of her notes that she did on the plane. Plus, it is six-thirty in the morning . . . exactly how many times could that editor have possible tried to contact Bella this morning. Tanya needs a reality check.
ChristyWIX chapter 18 . 11/15
It was kind of funny that she knocked out on him once they finally have some alone time together. I’m super happy he laid it’s her to fall asleep and then started on the meal later. Very sexy first time together. It was very clear that she’s never felt that much before during sex. Was it the same for Edward? Or, has he had that before with his love with Tanya?
ChristyWIX chapter 17 . 11/15
Loved their reunion at the airport. She wanted to hold back but, once she saw him, it was game over and she pounced. That was a great scene. I also very much liked that they took the time to talk. Most fanfics have the, overwhelmed with the need for sex that they forget that they haven’t talked yet. You did a great job at putting all of it out there for them both to go over. I really liked that he asked when she got her tattoo. Then he had the flashes of how she’d acted. Wonder when he'll put together that she planned that whole Hawaii trip and she already had her tattoo at that point. He’ll know it must’ve killed her to do that. I’m happy he got an apartment. It is good she is younger by nearly eleven years. She has time to put her career first for a short time, especially since he understands that is where she is in her life. And then, in a few years, she may want to start that family. Maybe at that point he can be the stay at home dad, while she works. You never know.
ChristyWIX chapter 16 . 11/15
That’s the ugly side of divorce. Although, it could've been so very much worse. I was glad to read that she heard him on Monday and that she knows what she’s done is what’s caused this mess. I was glad she asked him why he looked so unaffected. His explaining he had cried so much over the weekend, was good for him to tell her. I hope he misses her sisters completely. They both don’t need that right now. Not yet anyway.
ChristyWIX chapter 15 . 11/15
I loved that once Bella got home she was truly thinking the whole thing over. That she considered quitting. Choosing to go instead. That she was taking with Jake and Embry both, and they supported her. Encouraging her to do this for the experience. Tanya lording that black card over Bella was a laughable moment. Bella is traveling for business, not a personal trip. Therefore, all expenses are on the company, not Bella and not Tanya. They must have a department there that handles expenses like this. There was no reason for that card to be wielded in such a fashion. Bella, being Tanya's assistant, would know all about this department and should’ve just walked away from Tanya, a Tanya needing a confrontation, and called that department to make the travel arrangements. I am quite sure most of your readers didn’t even think about that in that scene. However, my job is corporate travel, so it kind of stuck out like a sore thumb to me. I really liked that Edward came to take her to the airport. I very much liked that Bella knew that even if her career took off, she would never treat Edward the way Tanya did. No matter how busy she gets. Will she still even have a career once she gets back? Or, will Tanya take this time to destroy that for Bella? Loved Bella and Edward’s first kisses. I’m glad they got that in before she left. Good. And, we know they have each other’s phone numbers from all the times Bella had to move arrangement for Tanya with Edward. They’ll be talking I hope.
ChristyWIX chapter 14 . 11/15
Well, can’t say I’m surprised that Tanya was oilseed off. Hopefully, when she wraps her reporter mind around all of the facts she will se what she did to her marriage. How she forced Bella and Edward together, by not leaving work on time every day. She has to see that she’s placed work ahead of everything. By sending Bella away like that, she not only gets Bella out of her immediate sight, she gets her out of the country as well. Not sure what Edward does for a living but, what if he can work from anywhere? Will he travel to Israel as well? Poor Bella had to be so very confused in that instance. It was really sad that Tanya went immediately to Bella seduced Edward. She can’t see her own faults, even though Edward laid them all out there for her. She’s kind of been thrown for a loop, and she’s kind of pathetic in her actions.
ChristyWIX chapter 13 . 11/15
I am completely shocked that he actually showed that to her. He had to know that The tattoo that popped up on his chest had to belong to Bella. He can’t have been wondering who it belonged to, right? She’s the only one that he’s been around lately. The one he was thinking about when he took his shirt off and found it. Goodness, what a mess. It really is too bad that when the love you had for the other person that brought that tattoo to your skin fades, that the tattoo itself doesn’t fade right along with it. Always remaining, yet very faded.
ChristyWIX chapter 12 . 11/15
That was fantastic! I love where his ended up! Right. Over. His. Heart. Yasssss! How in the hell will he explain that away to Tanya? He is going to have to hide himself from his wife. he'll have to wear wife beaters to bed. Or, t-shirts. My hubs always wears a t-shirt to bed, so maybe Edward does too and it won't be that weird. However, he does not wear a t-shirt when it is nekkid time. Nope. There is no way he can hide that from her. Unless they are not as active as Bella imagines and it is more like Alice mentioned. Love, love, loved that last paragraph sooooo much. I hope he realizes, just like Bella did. What will he do though? He still loves Tanya. If he leaves her, she may be awful to Bella when it is not her fault. Eek!
ChristyWIX chapter 11 . 11/15
I really don't see a way out of this for them. Even though he really appreciates Bella's traits, qualities and beauty, he will not act on those feelings. He really loves Tanya. Even though he is always second to her work. Poor Bella.
ChristyWIX chapter 10 . 11/15
Uh-oh. Well, if Edward and Tanya actually take that trip, because I am quite certain she will find some sort of business something to keep her at work, most likely she will come home pregnant. That would be the salt to Bella's poop stew. I think she needs to quit. She may think it is the perfect job but, she went and fell in love with a man that is not available. Sucks.
ChristyWIX chapter 9 . 11/15
Yeah, so that happened. Yikes! When she was waxing poetic in her bed about how wonderful her night was, then got up in just a tank top and shorts, I had a feeling the tattoo would be there. I am thrilled that it is in a place she can keep hidden. I way beyond worried about that. Now, if one popped up on Edward overnight, he will have one hell of a time explaining that to Tanya. Although, I do believe he loves Tanya too much for that to happen to him, until he lets Tanya go. The right thing for Bella to do would be to leave her job and seek out another. She has some experience now. If she leaves before Tanya finds out, it would be best for Bella's career. Tanya put her trust in Bella, with an air about it that confused Bella. Tanya can destroy Bella's career, just as well as pump it up. I am so very glad that Bella has Jake and Embry. What an awful thing to deal with, and at least she is not alone.
ChristyWIX chapter 8 . 11/15
If Edward falls for Bella, Tanya really has nobody to blame but herself when he asks for the divorce. I can not wrap my head around someone putting their work ahead of their life. Tanya puts work ahead of everything, more importantly Edward. The way she dismissed away what Esme and Rose said and believes that you can't neglect a grown man, was preposterous. She completely takes advantage of his kindness. She firmly believes no matter what she does, Edward will always be there for her, waiting in the wings. She really has no concept that she really chooses work over him. So very sad. I quit a job once because they wanted me to travel for some training. I said I would be bringing my husband along but, he obviously would hang back at the room or tour the city. They forbid it so, I quit. Never would I ever neglect my husband the way that Tanya does. I just simply couldn't. I really enjoyed how much fun Bella and Edward had together at the ball. That was nice.
4,321 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »