Reviews for Moving On
Harry is an adult. Read Rowling.
AlbusDumbledore1 chapter 11 . 8/26
Thanks for updating! Hope to read more in the near future :)
Thanks for updating! Hope to read more in the near future! :)
Teufel1987 chapter 11 . 8/27
But the words Wingardium Leviosa are composite words derived from both English and Latin. Therefore it's pronunciation will not change with language, as there are no other words for it.
Ergo, there will never be a difference saying it in English, Latin or Parseltongue.
Harry would have to translate the words into actual operable English, then to Parseltongue to be able to use Parseltongue.
Otherwise, he's just saying "Wingardium Leviosa". It would only come out as hissing if he was using common words and nouns ... sort of how the word "sun" sounds different in another language because that other language as an altogether different word for "sun".
Proper nouns like "Sun Tzu" don't sound different at all when the language is changed. That's mainly why you'd be able to identify your name if two people were talking about you in a language you didn't know at all.

Anyway, nice chapter. It has been a long time, indeed!
Although, you made the giant squid the giant squib...
Son of Whitebeard chapter 11 . 8/27
very tired Harry
AlbusDumbledore12 chapter 11 . 8/26
Thanks for updating! Hope to read more of this in the near future! And hopefully, more of Snape

I don't think writing about Harry's training would be boring at all, in fact.
AlbusDumbledore12 chapter 10 . 8/9
Marvellous! Love the story and the idea of having Snape and Dumbledore both mentor Harry. I understand your life may be busy, but I really hope you update! This story has great potential :)
A.Wil chapter 1 . 7/20/2017
I really like this story! You did a great job giving an accurate portrayal of the characters while still adding some distinctive flare and unique characterization. And it is a truly rare story for Harry to just stop and take responsibility rather than following the path set before him without some major intervention. So great job!
mandancie chapter 8 . 7/14/2016
I really enjoyed this story. I really hope you continue with this story.
Nanettez chapter 6 . 5/24/2016
And Snape had been right about his father.
Yes, it does appear that James was a spoilt brat but when Harry discussed the incident with Sirius he said he was not proud of it but Snape gave as much as he got. That is easy to believe. He was following them around all the time trying to get them into trouble. Malfoy was much the same with Harry and co. Snape did not grow out of his grievances even after James was dead and Sirius was in prison. Snape should have been in prison as he was a death eater and so he must have killed people.
Teufel1987 chapter 7 . 3/29/2016
Aside from a few small mistakes (some that made me smile) it's a nice filler chapter.
I wonder if Dumbledore will teach Harry about using the Patronus Charm for communication later…

Although, I think you might need to look into the characterisation of your Dumbledore… his speech patterns for one, I feel, lack the gravitas of a person his age should have … just go through one of the books and look at how he talks, to get a better idea. It's not that big a deal, just an area for improvement!
Guest chapter 6 . 3/20/2016
You bring up something I have wondered about. All of Harry"s trips to the hospital wing and she waits until between year 5 and 6 to do a full skan and now they pretend it Harry's fault for not reporting a blood quill? Also, Harry wasn't the only one to get visited by the cursed quill. Something screwy about all that. Fact is that Manerva consistantly dismissed any of Harry's concerns. She is rarely seen to enter the Comjmon room of the house she leads. It's no wonder Harry or any of the Griffenders could consider her someone to approach in confidence.
Teufel1987 chapter 6 . 3/21/2016
Nice.

Is there any reason that Harry's injury moved from the back of his hand to his wrist?
For a moment I thought you were going to be mentioning a suicide attempt or something!

Till next chapter
Till next chapter!
I.AM.LORD.VOLDEMORT.394 chapter 5 . 3/20/2016
hmmm interesting concept of having Dumbledork as Harry's legal guardian rather than Sev. I do however think that Harry has to insult Dumbles on purpose.
Teufel1987 chapter 5 . 3/7/2016
Nice.

Though I think that Snape owes Harry and most of his peers a much larger apology. The way he has treated Harry and other students, especially Gryffindors is beyond deplorable.

To think that he is actually the thing Neville fears the most…
Then there's the incident with Hermione in the fourth book. What he said was not only cruel but setting a poor example for his Slytherins by implying that it's ok to bully other people (read "Muggleborn" here).
Meh, I've never liked Snape. He's mean, petty, childish, a bully and just an all-round git. At least James and Sirius grew up. Snape never did.

Till next chapter!

By the way loved the way Dumbledore countered Harry's "but professor McGonagall didn't believe me when I told her about the stone!" line.
After all, they only said that "someone" was after the stone. Not to put a too fine a point, but it's a magical stone that can make you live forever and have unlimited wealth. Who wouldn't be after that?!
"Someone"… bah!
He could have said that Voldemort was after it … but nooooo!

Of course that wasn't the stupidest decision he made. No that title is reserved for his second year!
Because what the ever living hell was he thinking taking Lockhart with him to the Chamber of Secrets to face a massive venomous snake that can also kill with a glance. He knew that Lockhart was useless, the man admitted as much! And for bonus points, not only was said useless man unarmed, but between the three of them there was only ONE working wand.
The best bit is that he was INCHES AWAY from actual competent teachers who could have handled things easier!