Reviews for Mortal Ground 'Book 2: Dust to Dust'
rock chapter 21 . 6/12
great
future cop chapter 21 . 9/3/2011
I want to thank you for sharing that story with everyone it was well thought out and beautifully executed. Fait is also my favorite character and I think you captured her very well... I would LOVE to see her in the Angel-Verse as well maybe bring it all back together when she returns to help Buffy with the first... I'm sure you get a million suggestions so I'll leave it at that and thank you again for sharing such a wonderful story.
Storm Warning chapter 21 . 1/22/2011
That was incredible. I should probably think of something to make this review longer considering how much work this novel took... but I really can't. But what an awesome story. Took several hours to read and loved every minute

Keep writing the awesome ;)
Stormbringer951 chapter 21 . 1/16/2011
An epic story. Following on from Book 1 "Ashes to Ashes", Book 2 is a suitable conclusion for thenyxie's story. We watch Faith fall apart, put herself back together and the whole gang get together to save the day.

Characterisation is consistently great throughout: we don't have out of character moments, even for the sake of plot, and most of the Scoobies have real issues with Faith (that aren't magically resolved a few chapters in). Pacing is good, and the crescendo up to the grand finale is absolutely brilliant. A suitable conclusion for a great story (and much better than that terrible Season 6 bad Willow nonsense, thank you very much).

Much recommended.
fiona249 chapter 21 . 9/16/2010
Oh my God. Oh MY GOD. This is without a doubt the most incredible fanfiction I've read. I loved the Faith/Angel interaction, and the ending. Everybody was so perfectly in character! I found I liked it as much - or maybe more than - the actual Season Six of Buffy, so I think you should definitely apply to Joss Whedon for a job :D

I also love that Buffy didn't immediately become okay with Faith and Angel being together, like I've read in many bad fanfics... because Buffy isn't the forgiving sort in regards to Faith, not at all. You kept her in character completely, just like everyone else!

All in all, an incredibly brilliant awesome fic, you should totally have more reviews!
Ironbear chapter 21 . 12/19/2008
"When I started out writing this story, I was determined to do something that no one else was doing. I wanted to do something different."

I think you managed that thing. ;)
WhisperingShoeWeasels chapter 21 . 9/13/2006
Brilliant story! Definately a keeper.
Suzy87 chapter 21 . 7/16/2006
LOVE IT! SIMPLE AND BEAUTIFULL! Faith Forever! The BEST!
b l a c k r o s e 9 chapter 21 . 7/24/2004
damn straight its been one hell of a ride. this is an amazing story. just pure brilliance. you had me laughing, sitting on the edge of my seat, crying... feeling everyones pain. it was brilliant... hell.. there isnt a word invented to describe the pure genius of this epic tale.

BR
escawing chapter 20 . 5/2/2004
aw... ::sniff sniff: wonderful chap!
escawing chapter 14 . 5/1/2004
scary... g2g eat but will be back to read the rest! Wonderful story!
escawing chapter 9 . 5/1/2004
can't wait to read the rest!
escawing chapter 1 . 5/1/2004
wonderful story! Can't wait to read the rest!
Xan chapter 21 . 12/13/2003
Alright, I've just spent the last couple of hours (beginning at midnight, incidentally) reading this fic, so my brain is shot to hell, but I thought I'd review anyway. I read your first book some time ago ... don't remember if I reviewed that. Don't care, either, right now.
Anyway. Well. I can't seem to find words to properly review this ... you'll just have to take that as a compliment to the brilliance and coolness of this story. Heh. If it sucked, I wouldn't have bothered sitting here reading it ... matter of fact, if it was 'average', I wouldn't have bothered either, but this was way cool. I didn't understand some parts, but it's late, and it's a long story so by the time I got to the end I didn't really remember the beginning ... that's not a bad thing, by the way.
I think this is a great story, especially how well you wrote Faith. In the Buffyverse, she was always my favorite Slayer (come on, she's got that bad-ass thing going, and while Buffy's cool, I seem to prefer the baddies). I especially like how you wrote her redemption and all that ... it was a lot more believable than all those fanfics that have the kiss-and-make-up theme going.
Plus the scene with Angel singing was just hilarious.
Dlgood chapter 20 . 11/24/2003
I love your writing. Lush, descriptive, and some excellent characterization. Particularly with your usage of Spike in this chapter.

But, I have to be honest here. Angel's confession speech to Faith, wherein he tells her why he wishes to be with Faith instead of Buffy... to be honest, it comes across to me as horrifyingly condescending of him. And, while true to characterization, reflects upon parts of Angel's character I find really distasteful.

And, I don't for a minute, believe that Buffy is in any way okay, or ever really will be again following what she's just been through. Or that she's in any way okay with any of the people in her life.